October 15: Nottingham Rock City

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2015
Squeakymouse
Road Kill
Location: The place in the side of our lives where nothing is ever put straight

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:Review here from the local paper http://www.nottinghampost.com/Sisters-M ... story.html
Vision Thong. The mind boggles. :oops:
Some days I amaze myself. Other days I put the laundry in the oven.
million voices
Slight Overbomber

maybe it's uniform for the 25 whores
Well you must know something
'Cos we're dying of admiration here
Mastering obscure alternatives
Pista
Cureboi

Squeakymouse wrote: Vision Thong. The mind boggles. :oops:
:lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Being645
Above the Chemist

Pista wrote:
Squeakymouse wrote: Vision Thong. The mind boggles. :oops:
:lol:
:lol: :lol: ... hihihihihi ...
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Unusual to read such positive reviews;
The band are on top form, Andrew Eldritch delivers a strong vocal performance and engages with the audience throughout the set. The first of two encores crams in a power ballad reworking of '1959', which Eldritch predicts “we will hate� yet it still receives a big ovation from the crowd. 'This Corrosion' and 'Temple Of Love' follow on and enjoy some of the loudest sing-along moments of the night.

The second encore keeps to the last two albums with 'Lucretia My Reflection', 'Vision Thing' and 'More' closing the set in a big way. The response from the crowd is rapturous. The energy is high, the atmosphere is electric throughout and the band feed off it. As Eldritch perfectly sums the evening up before leaving the stage for the last time; “We have played a lot of gigs. But tonight... Tonight was a party�.
http://www.intravenousmag.co.uk/2015/10 ... -city.html
Johnny Rev 7.0
Banned

I'm The Sisters' biggest critic. I vowed I would never go and see them again. So I took the opportunity to whizz back to England to meet old (Lee) and new friends Ellen and Graham, with a pub rock backing. I was pleasantly surprised. Was it a one-off? Could the Girls perform the same in Manchester..?
What a season
to be beautiful
without a reason
Chaos Lady
Road Kill

Have been viewing this forum as a guest for years and figured it was about time I finally registered and posted. Long time Sisters fangirl, saw them first in 1983 and many times since. Agree with some others that their live sound has been somewhat hit and miss over recent years, but last week's Rock City gig was epic. Haven't enjoyed a Sisters gig that much in many years. Would love to have heard them play Floorshow and shame we didn't get Amphetamine Logic as lucky Manchester and London did, but a pretty perfect set. :D
Pista
Cureboi

Welcome to the forum Chaos Lady :D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Chaos Lady
Road Kill

Thanks Pista :D
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Great first post, @ChaosLady. Which gigs did you see back in '83?
Chaos Lady
Road Kill

Thanks Nikolas :D
I was a student in London in the early 80s, and saw the Sisters first at the Lyceum in '83 and then a couple of later London gigs in 84/85. Sad to say I wasn't at the famed Wake Albert Hall gig though. :(
Clearly remember the 1990 Wembley Vision Thing gig too as a certain Mr Numan was sat in front of us :D - big fan of his too!
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Chaos Lady wrote:Thanks Nikolas :D
I was a student in London in the early 80s, and saw the Sisters first at the Lyceum in '83 and then a couple of later London gigs in 84/85. Sad to say I wasn't at the famed Wake Albert Hall gig though. :(
Clearly remember the 1990 Wembley Vision Thing gig too as a certain Mr Numan was sat in front of us :D - big fan of his too!
:notworthy: that would be the by last gig of the Gun Club tour also featuring NMA ?? I hope Mr Numan didn't put you off with too much out-of-tune singing along at the Wembley gig !
Chaos Lady
Road Kill

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote::notworthy: that would be the by last gig of the Gun Club tour also featuring NMA ?? I hope Mr Numan didn't put you off with too much out-of-tune singing along at the Wembley gig !
That’s the one! I don’t think I appreciated it was such an epic line-up at the time tbh! My then boyfriend bought the tickets as consolation for us not being able to make the London Student Union gig the Sisters were due to play. And what a lucky consolation :)
And no, I drowned Numan out with my tuneless singing too :wink:
sukhoi
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

...and here also one of mine:

Kiss The Carpet https://youtu.be/mmp7svVtWIc
Right On Venom And Revenge