Who actually programmes/d the Doktor?

Unknown songs and demos, who wrote what, who sang what, the usual biographies, discography gubbins, photos of Eldritch with no sunglasses, etc, etc, etc, yadda, yadda, yadda....
ruffers
Overbomber

I guess I've always assumed it's Von's job exclusively, but listening to the re-release a couple of tracks feel a bit different, like someone else was involved. I get the sounds might be different and maybe there was a bit more time or money available, and I also appreciate this isn't the best description, but like I say it feels different to me somehow..

The tracks in question are On The Wire and Blood Money.
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I always assumed it was Andrew, what with him being the "drummer".
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
sultan2075
Overbomber

Although, for live stuff, I am under the impression that Chris does a lot of the arrangements now. I am not sure why I am under that impression though.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

I'm sure it's been said here more than once that it was always Von's job. Having said that, it's also been stated that the music for FALAA was largely written and demoed without him present, and he only arrived at the end to do his stuff, so there must at least have been demo drum tracks he wasn't responsible for. Some of the Japanese mixes have different drum tracks, so perhaps some survived and some were changed when Von turned up.

Surely these days the programming would be done by the current Nurse.
Any more of that and we'll be round your front door with the quick-setting whitewash and the shaved monkey.
czuczu
Overbomber

AFAIK here's been a 'bandleader' for the live arrangements including drum programming since '90, it was originally Andreas, I assume Adam and then Chris did the job..
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Nurse told me he did stuff.
Goths have feelings too
Being645
Above the Chemist

paint it black wrote:Nurse told me he did stuff.
Yes, I would think so. Especially this time one can hear it ... and it sounds good ... :D ...
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

drum machines/computers these days are soooooooo far in advance of the early doktors that it really wouldnt be a nth of the hassle it used to be. tr606's thru 909's and DMX were fiddly as f**k with very little memory capacity. i should imagine von's cat could easily be responsible for programming these days.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
robertzombie
Overbomber

I attended a talk some years ago where Dave Allen spoke at length about his time with the band. He said that he programmed the drums for the album tracks.
Mother Russia
Road Kill

Maybe not the programming, but....a mate of mine said he met Dan Donovan of Big Audio Dynamite and he toured with the Sisters at some point and switched 'Doktor Avalanche' on and off.