Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
Neverland 11 minute + Version
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

PostPost #26  Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Big Si wrote:
And will the earth break your fall
And the hurt break your will
And the heartbreak be over
It will
Just had a thought-- compare and contrast:

Now the ground comes up too fast
Too fast to meet you

eotunun
Overbomber

PostPost #27  Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

markfiend wrote:
Big Si wrote:
And will the earth break your fall
And the hurt break your will
And the heartbreak be over
It will
Just had a thought-- compare and contrast:

Now the ground comes up too fast
Too fast to meet you

Somewhere someone posted a remark that Eldo had lost some frinds at New York when the house they were living in collapsed. (If I´m not wrong that was some two years ago on Dominion..), then related to Good Things IIRC.

I remembered This video by Laid Back today, could this be related in any way? Bakerman was in the charts in 86, righty? That means it may have been in time to serve as an inspiration. If it´s anything else than nonesense, I understand it`s about letting yourself go with a drugflash..
James Blast
Banned

PostPost #28  Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Jürgen, that was awful. Neutral
eotunun
Overbomber

PostPost #29  Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

James Blast wrote:
Jürgen, that was awful. Neutral

Did you mean awfull song?
Yupp. It is.
But the Video and what the general topic seemd to be made me think it could be one of those obscure connections we smell everwhere..
And turn of the sound, listen to Never Land instead and enjoy the flight!
Mr. Green

Probably another major goof, but i thought there my be something to it so I posted it.
robertzombie
Overbomber

PostPost #30  Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Interestingly, Never Land uses the same drum pattern as Led Zeppelin's "When The Levee Breaks"... which is about a flood... Wink
James Blast
Banned

PostPost #31  Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The world and its wippet have sampled the drum from Levee, most famous is Dame Bowie's Let's Dance, track and album.
robertzombie
Overbomber

PostPost #32  Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe Eldritch decided to use the drums seeing as Floodland's central topic is the flood.
James Blast
Banned

PostPost #33  Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nah, it's just got that Bonzo thudd with as always a beautiful bit of Page production. Check Custard Pie from Physical Graffiti if you really wanna hear a John Bonham Thudd!
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

PostPost #34  Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

robertzombie wrote:
Interestingly, Never Land uses the same drum pattern as Led Zeppelin's "When The Levee Breaks"... which is about a flood... Wink
It's similar but not the same. Compare and contrast Rosetta Stone's cover of Levee Wink
mh
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #35  Posted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Incidentally, while wikipedia-wandering just now I came across this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kubla_Khan

Quote:
Kubla Khan; or, A Vision in a Dream: A Fragment

Connection? We should be told!
Nicole
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #36  Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mh wrote:
Andrew Eldritch wrote:
I had this vision. You know in the summer if you lay on the grass and stare at the sky, you can almost see beyond the stars, but cannot quite get a grip on what's there? Well, sometimes it's very difficult to work out exactly what it is that keeps you pressed between the earth and the sky and why you don't whoosh off into oblivion. Neverland is coming about this the other way: the entire population of the earth starting to travel from some indefinable point in space toward the earth at increasing speed. It would take an eternity to reach the earth - by which time you'd be reasonably spiritualised - and even when you reached the destination, you wouldn't actually hit the ground. You'd be going so fast you'd just go through and out the other side, where there is another eternity of nothingness. I just tried to write a song about these impressions.

This whole quote makes so much more sense having heard the full length version with all the lyrics. The first time I saw this I wondered what in the world is he on about? Then it all became clear. Always loved Never Land but after hearing the full version - WOW. I was absolutely stunned the first time I heard it. When he started the "With our back to the sky/and our eyes on the ground" lyric I held my breath - literally breathtaking. Love his vocal on it too. One of the most gorgeous songs he's written. I really can't say enough about this song.
Ozpat
From the Lowlands

PostPost #37  Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nicole wrote:
mh wrote:
Andrew Eldritch wrote:
I had this vision. You know in the summer if you lay on the grass and stare at the sky, you can almost see beyond the stars, but cannot quite get a grip on what's there? Well, sometimes it's very difficult to work out exactly what it is that keeps you pressed between the earth and the sky and why you don't whoosh off into oblivion. Neverland is coming about this the other way: the entire population of the earth starting to travel from some indefinable point in space toward the earth at increasing speed. It would take an eternity to reach the earth - by which time you'd be reasonably spiritualised - and even when you reached the destination, you wouldn't actually hit the ground. You'd be going so fast you'd just go through and out the other side, where there is another eternity of nothingness. I just tried to write a song about these impressions.

This whole quote makes so much more sense having heard the full length version with all the lyrics. The first time I saw this I wondered what in the world is he on about? Then it all became clear. Always loved Never Land but after hearing the full version - WOW. I was absolutely stunned the first time I heard it. When he started the "With our back to the sky/and our eyes on the ground" lyric I held my breath - literally breathtaking. Love his vocal on it too. One of the most gorgeous songs he's written. I really can't say enough about this song.

Nice.... We are not worthy!
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

PostPost #38  Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It is a great lyric and very different to his usual both in style and theme.

But has Eldo really ever lain on the grass in summer? Or even dim sunlight?
Nicole
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #39  Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

stufarq wrote:

Laughing I seem to remember him saying in an interview that he quite likes sunshine - not necessarily being outside in it, but seeing it come in through his window. Can't remember which interview though.

But you know in that quote, about Never Land, he talked about looking up at the stars. And afterwards the article does say "It was soon after this that Eldritch stopped taking hallucinatory drugs." Wink

This is actually a great interview, the whole thing: After the Flood
7anthea7
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #40  Posted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nicole wrote:
Laughing I seem to remember him saying in an interview that he quite likes sunshine - not necessarily being outside in it, but seeing it come in through his window. Can't remember which interview though.

That's from the Collins BBC interview: "I like sunshine a lot. Not necessarily have to be out in it, but I like to see it through the window."
I seem to have a transcription of it here... It wasn't me...

And also wrote:
"It was soon after this that Eldritch stopped taking hallucinatory drugs." Wink

Having indulged rather a lot myself back in the day, hallucinogens were the first thing that came to mind when I read his description of the experience Laughing Can't imagine why it would have deterred him though... Wink
stufarq
Popweazle Piddlepoop

PostPost #41  Posted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nicole wrote:
stufarq wrote:

But you know in that quote, about Never Land, he talked about looking up at the stars.

Yeah, I knew that there were all sorts of comebacks to that joke (if it was a British summer, there wouldn't have been any sunshine) but decided to go with it anyway. He does look pale though, as if he doesn't get much vitamin D. Living in Scotland, I know exactly how he feels.
Being645
Above the Chemist

PostPost #42  Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Interesting observations, ageofmaya ... utmost resistance has always been part of Andrew Eldritch's agenda ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Heartland Forum Index -> Lyrics All times are GMT + 1 Hour
 Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: