March 20: Brussels (Ancienne Belgique)

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2016
Being645
Above the Chemist

Joy wrote:
ROBBIE wrote:Let us hope the entertainment in the venue was a entertaining as that outside the venue at lunchtime. (There was a mini riot with water cannon and hundreds of police.) Chris popped out for a look but :von: stayed inside.
Now I am a bit worried.. :| reading the news that Brussels is not very quiet nowadays... and now this, there was something in front of the venue. (Tell me if there is a trouble. )
It's been all quiet around AB, when I passed the place half an hour ago. And the "riot" was sort of march/party going on all the morning already ... with lots of firecrackers, yes, but not in front of AB - about 200m away at a public viewing point for a football match later today ...
Joy
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Being645 wrote:
Joy wrote:
ROBBIE wrote:Let us hope the entertainment in the venue was a entertaining as that outside the venue at lunchtime. (There was a mini riot with water cannon and hundreds of police.) Chris popped out for a look but :von: stayed inside.
Now I am a bit worried.. :| reading the news that Brussels is not very quiet nowadays... and now this, there was something in front of the venue. (Tell me if there is a trouble. )
It's been all quiet around AB, when I passed the place half an hour ago. And the "riot" was sort of march/party going on all the morning already ... with lots of firecrackers, yes, but not in front of AB - about 200m away at a public viewing point for a football match later today ...
Thank you! I hope everything will be ok.
"Music is there to enrich your life and make you aware of things in a slightly different way."
ROBBIE
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

More
Ribbons
Crash
Dr Jeep / Det Boulevard
Body Electric
"Genevieve, I think you're lovely But Genevieve, it's time” TSOM 2020
Pista
Cureboi

:notworthy:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

Pretty short ;D
ROBBIE

Logic
Alice
Rock and a Hard Place
Susanne
Arms
Dominion
Summer
Jihad
Neverland
Flood II
---
Lucretia
Vision Thing
---
First and Last and Always
Temple of Love
This Corrosion

I think it is correct but who knows!
stefan moermans
Slight Overbomber

top night out :von: :notworthy: :notworthy:
MUSICA È
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Thank you, Belgian crowd :notworthy:

Elsewhere a "moshpit", in Belgium tonight a constantly swaying earthquake of several hundred people :notworthy: :notworthy:

Went from row 10-15 to row 30-ish during the evening, no big difference. I was thankful each time the few slow songs came on, finally some rest!

Oh, and the band weren't bad either :lol:
dtsom
Slight Overbomber

superb gig ....how I love Belgium.....
2023: Los Ángeles,Las Vegas, Londonx2, Valencia Madrid, Lisbon, Porto, Bilbao
Being645
Above the Chemist

euphoria wrote:Thank you, Belgian crowd :notworthy:

Elsewhere a "moshpit", in Belgium tonight a constantly swaying earthquake of several hundred people :notworthy: :notworthy:

Went from row 10-15 to row 30-ish during the evening, no big difference. I was thankful each time the few slow songs came on, finally some rest!

Oh, and the band weren't bad either :lol:
... :lol: ... fully seconded... :lol: ... the audience was absolutely great ... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: ... full pleasure mode ... :lol: ...
Husek

Nice Setlist :D

I wonder if we gonna have 'Police car' once again on this tour.
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
Pista
Cureboi

From their twitter feed this morning
The Sisters Of Mercy ‏@tsomofficial 11m11 minutes ago
Last night at the @ABconcerts in Brussels was the most fun we've had in ages. More of the same tonight? A few tickets left on the door.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
ROBBIE

The venue is nothing like I had in my mind, it is certainly a lot smaller than I imagined. It was packed and first ten - fifteen rows were swaying right from when the lights went down.

So glad (being somewhat short) that I chose to stand up on the side balconies, and from my view on the second tier I had the perfect view. Chris seemed to have a few tech problems again but apart from that minor issue all seemed to go well. The sound from my position was clear, crisp and especially the guitars.

1959 for the first time on the tour sounded brilliant, not the stuttering jumble of music and words I remember from Nottingham, London and Vienna. The highlight though for me was This Corrision, this is a song IMHO that has taken on new life this tour, in previous tours I have tended to switch off when it started, but now I look forward to it. Not sure what is different, apart from the choral intro, but it sounds envigorating.

So looking forward to tonight and the different setlist. In previous tours where that have done two nights together they have swapped the opener and the first encore about, but I cannot see them doing 1959 first, but hey, never say never, after all they have opened with Flood II and Romeo Down before. My guess would be Kiss the Carpet. One final request if :von: is reading, please can we have Giving Ground and On the Wire.

One final thing - why did :von: have a spare pair of sunglasses hanging from his shirt!
stepinside
Road Kill

"1959" was part of all setlists no ?

Romeo Down was played in germany but if I will pick just one new song I think I will ask "Marian". But if I get "No time to cry" + "Valentine" as in some previous shows, I'll be fine :D

The spare sun glasses killed me too ;D
godgirl

ROBBIE wrote: One final thing - why did :von: have a spare pair of sunglasses hanging from his shirt!
To swap between the plain black and the dayglo frames, of course! DUH!

Marge xxx

(hey, I only noticed tonight)
"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised God doesn't work that way, so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness"
Joy

godgirl wrote:
ROBBIE wrote: One final thing - why did :von: have a spare pair of sunglasses hanging from his shirt!

Marge xxx

"Music is there to enrich your life and make you aware of things in a slightly different way."
Pista
Cureboi

godgirl wrote:

Marge xxx

;D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
bobby
Road Kill

abridged
Slight Overbomber

No we wouldn't dance to a coffin playing Temple of Love. :urff:
The Chancer Corporation
Being645
Above the Chemist

abridged wrote:
No we wouldn't dance to a coffin playing Temple of Love. :urff:
Also, this is already the third time I read The Sisters of Mercy were formed in 1977!!! And the f**king Wikipedia page, which is the cause for this recent desinformation even lists times when the band had been "disbanded" as if Andrew Eldritch had not been member of his own band or under some record company contract in 1986 or 1994 ... as regard to The Sisters Wikipedia have turned into a bunch of liars ... and they won't even take advice ... I hate them ... and I shall never ever again donate a cent to Wikipedia if this should not change. There was a good page about The Sisters before, but some f**ker has turned it into a dirty mess ... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: ...
Being645
Above the Chemist

Pista
Cureboi

Being645 wrote:
Also, this is already the third time I read The Sisters of Mercy were formed in 1977!!! And the f**king Wikipedia page, which is the cause for this recent desinformation even lists times when the band had been "disbanded" as if Andrew Eldritch had not been member of his own band or under some record company contract in 1986 or 1994 ... as regard to The Sisters Wikipedia have turned into a bunch of liars ... and they won't even take advice ... I hate them ... and I shall never ever again donate a cent to Wikipedia if this should not change. There was a good page about The Sisters before, but some f**ker has turned it into a dirty mess ... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: ...
Three's only one wiki we actually take any notice of. You may have heard of it ;)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
mandrake

Actually..I kinda agree. As a fan I understand the frustration..and I also decided last minute to go again. Which was a let down..Oh well, each their own. I have been listening to gigs from 1993 / 1993 when he howled and made you shiver.So indeed..why am I also still intrigued by the Sisters? Always will be.. Time to put the Sisters to bed?
Being645
Above the Chemist

mandrake wrote:
Actually..I kinda agree. As a fan I understand the frustration..and I also decided last minute to go again. Which was a let down..Oh well, each their own. I have been listening to gigs from 1993 / 1993 when he howled and made you shiver.So indeed..why am I also still intrigued by the Sisters? Always will be.. Time to put the Sisters to bed?
Everybody to their taste. I enjoyed both shows, including the support act.
Although, I liked the second one even better ... the audience made the floor swing under my feet ... :lol: ;D ;D ...

Pista wrote:
godgirl wrote:

Marge xxx

;D

:lol: ... cool ... where is it from? ...
Pista
Cureboi

Airplane ;)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity