GW5: Deadline 19:00 FRIDAY 16th September

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Mav787
One life, all I need

iesus wrote:Can someone check how did my team do in this round in a post here? :notworthy:

I know its awfull to forget the address and credits to log from my little laptop, in my vacations :lol: :lol:
You got 42 points. Joint 23rd highest score out of 33 teams.

In the H2H you got beat by the weeks highest scoring team
Mav787
One life, all I need

Scores on the doors:

Pista
Cureboi

Bit of a 'mare for me.
Nolito (captain) sent off, Stuani (a sneaky change from Negredo) injured & my first auto sub, thanks to him conceding 4 & getting a yellow, amassed -1points :evil:
Bit of catch up to do methinks.
Well played everyone. I'll whip up a GW6 thread as soon as I've had some more coffee :)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

my nightmare season continues. still bottom of both leagues (in the H2H i am even below a player who doesnt exist.) and now i am informed that somewhow aguero has -whilst being suspended- gone up in value by 3M??!!??
so now i cant afford to buy him back, even though i saved the excess ££ from his sale a week ago. i thought players lost value while theyre out of the team. we are always advised to sell quickly any players who are going to be out for any length of time becasuse they lose value. so fuck it. i'll carry on to make up the IGM numbers but i'm not happy. this is definitely going to be my last season doing this.

EDIT: part of the reason i wont be doing this next year is the f**king stupid nature of the website. theres never been any reference on the team page for form, etc and ive always had to flit back and forth to the transfer tab for the info i need. NOW they havent even got the f**king league table on the same page. considering that people actually PAY to be good at this game by joining a site that analyses everything for you, i dont think its too much to ask that i dont have to run around looking for the league table when i'm on the website for that very league. ridiculous.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Mav787
One life, all I need

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:my nightmare season continues. still bottom of both leagues (in the H2H i am even below a player who doesnt exist.) and now i am informed that somewhow aguero has -whilst being suspended- gone up in value by 3M??!!??
so now i cant afford to buy him back, even though i saved the excess ££ from his sale a week ago. i thought players lost value while theyre out of the team. we are always advised to sell quickly any players who are going to be out for any length of time becasuse they lose value. so fuck it. i'll carry on to make up the IGM numbers but i'm not happy. this is definitely going to be my last season doing this.
Aguero went up to 13.1m prior to his suspension - his selling value was still 13.0m. He then dropped to 12.9m on 18th September. He then went back to 13.0m this morning (20th September).

You transferred Costa in for Aguero on 15th September. Costa was 9.9m. So you got Costa+3.1m for Aguero.

Costa is now 10m but your selling value is still 9.9m. So with your 3.1m and Costa you can still buy Aguero.

Note that if you'd transferred out Aguero at the time his ban was announced you'd have got 13m but been able to buy Costa for 9.6m. You'd have transferred Costa out today for 10m so made 0.2m profit. Plus you would have had the 12 points from Costa in GW4.

The opportunity for good management was there you just didn't take it.
eastmidswhizzkid wrote:theres never been any reference on the team page for form, etc and ive always had to flit back and forth to the transfer tab for the info i need.
On your team view click on the list view rather than pitch view. You can see their form rating for each of your players.
eastmidswhizzkid wrote:NOW they havent even got the f**king league table on the same page. considering that people actually PAY to be good at this game by joining a site that analyses everything for you, i dont think its too much to ask that i dont have to run around looking for the league table when i'm on the website for that very league. ridiculous.
The leagues are listed on the right hand side of the points screen. It couldn't be easier to navigate.

Take a step back, look at your decisions so far, and work out what you're going to do differently. You were good at this FF management before so I'm sure with patience you'll soon be moving up the leagues.
Silver_Owl
The Don

Don't let it get you down Brother Lee.
I had the same fate for the whole of last season and the one before that.
I'm sure you'll come good.

The site is s**t though. :)

Not worth getting wound up about. Stay chilled. :kiss:
We forgive as we forget
As the day is long.
eastmidswhizzkid

Mav787 wrote:
The leagues are listed on the right hand side of the points screen. It couldn't be easier to navigate.

Take a step back, look at your decisions so far, and work out what you're going to do differently. You were good at this FF management before so I'm sure with patience you'll soon be moving up the leagues.
i'm not on about the "anyone who dyed their hair black in 1990 can play" leagues that we're in. when i'm picking my team it doesnt help to know our scores. i'm talking about the Premier League. there are absolutely NO league tables on any of the FPL pages. not like there used to be.

and i'm pretty certain i sold aguero and bought negrado as he was cheapes/highest placed player. ive never heard of the guy and had no intention of keeping him. i'm sure i already had costa but i'll take your word for it.

as for not taking available "good management oppurtunities" i am quite happy to give up my FPL account to someone who hasnt got 80,000,000 more urgent things to do.

Pista
Cureboi

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: i'm not on about the "anyone who dyed their hair black in 1990 can play" leagues that we're in. when i'm picking my team it doesnt help to know our scores. i'm talking about the Premier League. there are absolutely NO league tables on any of the FPL pages. not like there used to be.
The changes to the site haven't (IMHO) been the best. I still have a brain fart when looking at the new player stats/ form numbers.
Best I've found (in terms of team form) is the Beeb's tables page here.
It's quite a good snapshot of wins, losses & draws from the last ten games.
The report clicky's not to bad in terms of a summary either.
That any use to you Lee ?
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Mav787
One life, all I need

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: and i'm pretty certain i sold aguero and bought negrado as he was cheapes/highest placed player. ive never heard of the guy and had no intention of keeping him. i'm sure i already had costa but i'll take your word for it.

Chin up. Its too early to give up. The highest scoring team this week was bottom of the league 2 weeks ago. Anything can happen in the next few weeks.
limur
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Lee :notworthy:

C'mon man, I was second bottom two weeks ago, now I'm 22nd.

You can do it :notworthy:
...train, crashin' head long into the heartland...

Pushing Good Music #PGM www.livemusicreview.co.uk
eastmidswhizzkid

ok i'm a bit less stressed today. obviously this is a symptom not the problem; ive had a lot going on recently. don't worry i'll get a grip and normal service (whatever the fuck that is ) will be resumed.

Mav787
One life, all I need

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:ok i'm a bit less stressed today. obviously this is a symptom not the problem; ive had a lot going on recently. don't worry i'll get a grip and normal service (whatever the fuck that is ) will be resumed.
Good man :D
Pista
Cureboi

& on that note...GW6 thread is launched :)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
iesus
Overbomber

Thank you Mav for information :notworthy:
I feel like living a nightmare part of the season :lol: :urff:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."