Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
James Blaast....R.I.P..
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

PostPost #126  Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

no, let's not. please.

xxx
christophe
Overbomber

PostPost #127  Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

thanks to those who attended the ceremony today.
I was there in heart Sad
CellThree
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #128  Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sad news. I only met him the once, quite a few years ago, but I remember him being a warm and generous man.
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #129  Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dark wrote:
"Now I'll have to be careful, as during the rehearsal, Molly heckled me... Over the weekend, when we received flowers for a James Blast I was very close to calling the florists and telling them they'd made a mistake. But I was quickly corrected. Some knew John even by a different name, for his love of music."

Cue giggles from the Heartland pews.

It was quite the ceremony. I was able to tell the coffin one last time that it contained a crabbit ault baistart, who should get bent. That helped.

Your good wishes were carried with us, Molly was very appreciative of the HL contingent.
Now let's never do this again. *clinky* Sad

If I may add to that, another quote from the priest :

"Music, he would generously share. I was one of the people whom he shared it with, as he would blast it in the car outside before mass."

As much of a heathen scum as I may be (at one point, I thought the cross was going to burst into flames just for me being in church, another thing Blaast is laughing his erse of about right now, seeing as he did get me back into church in the end), I have a lot of respect for that priest and his sense of humor.

Addendum : for those who wondered : Blaast was cremated in a Black Sabbath shirt. Molly told me this when we said goodbye at the post-cremation lunch.
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

PostPost #130  Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Let the stories come, people... that priest quote (priest sans capital I presume) made me snort some coffee back up the nose... Very Happy

IZ.
Izzy HaveMercy

PostPost #131  Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Somethig I posted on The Farcebook but since not every HL'er is on that social rag:

James (July 26th): "Hoping to get fit for a gig in Glass~gow in Nov. - Entombed AD and Voivod!"

Well, James, not gonna happen in this life you just left (hand path), but if it may be of any solace, oor Noor did it for ya! Smile

GET BENT! Guv'nor! We are not worthy!

Iz.
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #132  Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
Somethig I posted on The Farcebook but since not every HL'er is on that social rag:

James (July 26th): "Hoping to get fit for a gig in Glass~gow in Nov. - Entombed AD and Voivod!"

Well, James, not gonna happen in this life you just left (hand path), but if it may be of any solace, oor Noor did it for ya! Smile

GET BENT! Guv'nor! We are not worthy!

Iz.

He told me about this during our last Facetime blether on his birthday. "He's takin' her tae festivals, even at that age. He's raisin' her right."
Izzy HaveMercy

PostPost #133  Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ahráyeph wrote:
He told me about this during our last Facetime blether on his birthday. "He's takin' her tae festivals, even at that age. He's raisin' her right."

Very Happy

and also

Sad

IZ.
Izzy HaveMercy

PostPost #134  Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

As an aside, can this topic remain stickified for a while please?

I don't want to see oor Jam~es drifting dow the board....

IZ.
Pista
Cureboi

PostPost #135  Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
As an aside, can this topic remain stickified for a while please?

I don't want to see oor Jam~es drifting dow the board....

IZ.

Done.
TheCureCommunity
sam1
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #136  Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I must admit..its very nice nice seeing such warm and caring messages regarding Mr Blaast..who was ,as we all know ..a grumpy old bastard!!..
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #137  Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

sam1 wrote:
I must admit..its very nice nice seeing such warm and caring messages regarding Mr Blaast..who was ,as we all know ..a grumpy old bastard!!..

Only those who couldn't see past the surface, or took the time to read some of the messages in this thread, would reduce the man to being just a grumpy auld fart.
Pista
Cureboi

PostPost #138  Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ahráyeph wrote:
sam1 wrote:

Only those who couldn't see past the surface, or took the time to read some of the messages in this thread, would reduce the man to being just a grumpy auld fart.

He wasn't so grumpy. Prolly a bit disillusioned with the music scene which James loved so dearly, but not really grumpy.
We had some amazingly funny skype calls when I was living in Texas. James certainly left me with "other music is available" each time we spoke & he was always right.
James was the one that actually spawned my cureboi title & always called me that in emails. Knowing him, he prolly had me saved in his address book as that.
& I wear that title with pride . Heck, it's even part of my email addy!
I was even on the radio being called steve cureboi. That's his doing & on my playlist there was "other music".
He wanted to open eyes & ears. He embraced & marvelled in new talent & shared that with the people he knew (& didn't know).
& man, he could BBQ a burger like a boss!.
TheCureCommunity

Last edited by Pista on Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shadow_Smile
Uw voeten stinken

PostPost #139  Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This sad news, I just discoverd,..........
iesus
Overbomber

PostPost #140  Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

These sad news got me on vacations in my mountain nest Sad
Condolences to family Sad
Spiggy's hat

PostPost #141  Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm late reading about this terrible news 😞

RIP JB
SmileySister
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #142  Posted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So sorry for your loss Sad
Hunslet Ramone
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #143  Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A great guy , and i actually went to a party that he invited me to which he had at his house for his birthday. Me and my girlfriend at that time travelled up from Leeds as we got an invite to this, and we went , i cannot remember how old he was ,on that date, but it was about 10 years ago. Tim Sinister or the guy in Tim sinisters picture was there on this thread. ( little guy, long black hair with a beard ) We had a great night beer was flowing , we was outside all night in the patio eating , drinking , talking music , and always remember James saying Genesis that's early Genesis Peter Gabriel was one of his favourite music , of which i love too. And we both agreed Sisters lost it when hiding behind smoke on stage most or all of their gigs. Like me James see things like it is., and he never skirted round that. Molly his mum was lovely, and loved him to bits, i could tell , how on earth she going to cope without him , at her age. life is not fair.
canon docre
Overbomber

PostPost #144  Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

R.I.P. James, who sent me my first weed just as a welcome gift. We are not worthy! We are not worthy! We are not worthy! And boy, I felt welcomed... It wasn't me...
sisxbeforedawn

PostPost #145  Posted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Crying or Very sad first HL'er I got chatting to. Very sad to hear this news
Ahráyeph
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #146  Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So today is the day James and I should have spent celebrating the ten year anniversary of our friendship.Most of you here know how we ended up becoming friends. It's also the very reason I'm a member here, because he INSISTED I join and share the song with you merry band of (mostly) lovable misfits here, back then without the 'Never Land' prelude. We were very much looking forward to celebrating this day; it was one of the last things we talked about on his birthday.

So instead of doing that, I spent this past week coming up with a fitting visual and musical tribute for James. I re-recorded 'Never Summer Land', as I dubbed it after adding the 'Never Land' piece at the start of the song to surprise James when he - and Simon and Claire - were kind enough to come over for Ahrayeph's first ever concert, for which he designed the backstage passes. I still have mine and I'm sure some other people here just might still have theirs as well. I've always felt I could do better, and now I have. I'm finally happy with the way it sounds; I only wish he could have heard it, even though he was always partial to the original demo I sent him ten years ago today. This one has MAIR BASS, though...

But why stop there? As some of you know, I still have all the footage of the 22nd Movement concert - Blaast came up with the name - and as luck would have it, I happened to have three camera sources for this particular song. So yesterday, I started compiling the video to use for this anniversary release called 'Never Summer Land MMXVI', which isn't shy about being a tribute to Blaast. You can download the song on the Ahrayeph Bandcamp page, if you like, but here's the Youtube link. Some of you may even recognise yourselves, because as much as it was an Ahrayeph gig, it was also a sizable Heartland Meet...
Pista
Cureboi

PostPost #147  Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We are not worthy!
TheCureCommunity
adarkadaptedi
Childlike Empress

PostPost #148  Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pista wrote:
We are not worthy!

Seconded, liked/favorited on my YooToob, and posted to my Tumblr. Our fearless leader!

[.the enigmatic entity formerly known as SINsister.]
spot778
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #149  Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dammit 2016 had been a VERY crap year !!!

RIP James
elamanamou

PostPost #150  Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:
Ahráyeph wrote:

Very Happy

and also

Sad

IZ.

Beautiful daughter. I do remember him posting on here all the time. Very sad Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Heartland Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: