November 27: Leeds Brudenell, UK **Near Meth Experience**

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2016
godgirl
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

EmmaPeelWannaBe wrote:Does anyone know if they made their goal?

Fantastic gig -- well worth feeling a bit hellish today!
I believe that, based on the figure quoted initially, yes, they surpassed it on the night... Not even counting PayPal contributions. :innocent:

Marge xxx
"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised God doesn't work that way, so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness"
Pista
Cureboi

godgirl wrote:
EmmaPeelWannaBe wrote:Does anyone know if they made their goal?

Fantastic gig -- well worth feeling a bit hellish today!
I believe that, based on the figure quoted initially, yes, they surpassed it on the night... Not even counting PayPal contributions. :innocent:

Marge xxx
:notworthy: :notworthy:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Chaotican
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

EmmaPeelWannaBe wrote: Great gig - the tour was just what I needed after the brutal US elections.
Victoria? Or are there three of us independently flying in from sfo for these tours? :)
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

:lol:
nope EmmaPeelWannaBe is Victoria (but don't tell anyone)
My life is one long week of stupid clothing benders.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Finally in a position to report back. It was excellent to meet the you-know-who-you-are HLers again, especially in my favourite pub in Leeds, that aspect of Sisters gigs remains consistent :D gigwise, it was a 'glad I was there' kinda day, not ruined remotely by the quarter-arsed Von performance, definitely ruined by my vastly reduced alcohol tolerance levels, but definitely made by the too-short exquisite set by Utah Saints inbetween the marvellous Membranes and so-so Sisters. Mini-raves in Sisters pits are a good thing :)

Looking forward to 'the new direction', simply because it won't be the old direction any more, something that's been overdue since at least post-2006 tour. But all that's by the by, the night's purpose was fulfilled, job done. Wonder if the ex-Nurse needs a qualified care assistant? Hmm.
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

The only thing missing from this gig was the hours of nonsense and banter in the pub prior (I got over from Sheffield very late). I miss you Heartlanders.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

timsinister wrote:The only thing missing from this gig was the hours of nonsense and banter in the pub prior (I got over from Sheffield very late). I miss you Heartlanders.
And the vocals, don't forget them, they were missing too!