Sisters 2017?

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2017
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Depprocksfarfar wrote:Is this supposed to be funny?

http://www.songkick.com/artists/492456-sisters-of-mercy
No, now it's called "alternative news". :wink:
godgirl
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Bartek wrote:
Depprocksfarfar wrote:Is this supposed to be funny?

http://www.songkick.com/artists/492456-sisters-of-mercy
No, now it's called "alternative news". :wink:
I just tried addin' the AB gig but apparently randoms can't add TSOM gigs anymore without verification!

*lol*

:lol:

Whot, I only did it once!!!

:oops: :innocent:

Marge xxx

..oh and yes, I did report that Mish/TSOM listin' as incorrect... because I'm a good girl really, and quite kind! :D
"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised God doesn't work that way, so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness"
godgirl

Swinnow wrote:
Norman Hunter wrote:A rumoured Sisters tour can't be a rumoured Sisters tour without the (now legendary) quote from Weebs:

PLYC
I did say PLYC v2.0 on another thread elsewhere a bit earlier, as a tour ain't a tour without certain things :-/
Does Leeds Festival still exist? Beautiful Days suggests they're doin' the outdoor rounds this summer...

Oh s**t, I've become a fuckin' speculative saddo.

Bye!

Marge xxx
"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised God doesn't work that way, so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness"
Damian
Amphetamine Filth

Pista wrote:None yet.
I expect Chris is going to be busy with his solo project for a while & Von is prolly in the studio mastering the next album :innocent:
After Chris's Pledge campaign closes in a week, that'll be it for solo and Eureka Machines until (probably) the tail end of the year... which incidentally means that if you want the album with all the exclusive stuff (including a free acoustic album to download with an amusing Sisters joke in the middle) that's how long you've got left!
Swinnow
Overbomber

godgirl wrote:Does Leeds Festival still exist?
Yeah it does, though depending when you last went it has moved away from the old Templenewsam site to further out of town up between the A58 and A64.

It does say more acts to be announced.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
Pista
Cureboi

Looks like another date is trickling through, so I'll sticky this thread & try to add each date to the first post as an index :)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
ruffers
Overbomber

This new album tour is taking shape
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
Being645
Above the Chemist

ruffers wrote:This new album tour is taking shape
... :lol: :lol: ... that were very nice, indeed, but this way or other ... ;D ;D ;D ...
godgirl

Oooh Eminem!

:D

Marge xxx
ROBBIE

Having had time to contemplate this on my travels across frozen Canada, this is my view. It would seem that there is an extensive European tour building across August and September, maybe October as well. To date there has been no official announcement via 'incoming' tweet or website - this can only mean one thing - they are about to make a huge announcement of a Pledge campaign for the new album which will be released mid August.

And one other thing does anyone know the emoji for humble pie... :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Genevieve, I think you're lovely But Genevieve, it's time” TSOM 2020
Being645
Above the Chemist

Some official confirmation were clearly useful.
Depprocksfarfar

Only announcing the full tour is madness. They really should announce a date at the time. Brussels have been onsale for almost a month now, and will probably sell out before its on the official site. Not very nice for people that doesn't know/care about this forum (oh, how could they not?) or the site of the venue. But constantly working against themself is a common Sisters thing, so nothing new there.
Being645
Above the Chemist

That's what happens when there's no communicational contact and rumours take the lead... always like that... :( :cry: :cry: :cry: :( ...

According to ticket agencies, the presales for all gigs in Germany have now been suspended until further notice.

I guess they want to get things sorted properly. At least, Brussels and the UK dates are certain.
jost 7
Slight Overbomber

Whats chris' status, still on board?
love is just a shot away
Being645
Above the Chemist

jost 7 wrote:Whats chris' status, still on board?
Who knows. Maybe Wayne is back ... :P ...
Swinnow
Overbomber

Being645 wrote:Who knows. Maybe Wayne is back ... :P ...
You minx lol.

Seriously, the disorganisation and lack of confirmation suggests this is all getting a bit cottage industry! Does Von still take the lead management role in these matters?
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Swinnow wrote:
Being645 wrote:Who knows. Maybe Wayne is back ... :P ...
You minx lol.

Seriously, the disorganisation and lack of confirmation suggests this is all getting a bit cottage industry! Does Von still take the lead management role in these matters?
To be fair I think (apart from U2 concerts and the like) most things probably were and still are slightly cottage industry. Even back in the day the Reptile House and the like weren't always the most organised. I imagine they want to have all the concerts sorted before they put them online which is fair enough.
The Chancer Corporation
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

Swinnow wrote:
Being645 wrote:W...
I heard/read somewhere (perhaps these very pages) that Chris does most of it these days.
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Patience, people ;D

I'm confident the tour will happen, they have just stopped pre-sale for German gigs because the tour is not finally planned yet. Nothing dramatic.
Depprocksfarfar wrote:Brussels have been onsale for almost a month now, and will probably sell out before its on the official site.
Yes, but how would that be negative for the Sisters? Not a bad thing to show if you are dealing with sceptical promoters :wink:

The more interesting question is, why they are planning such a big tour when they said a few years back they wouldn't do big tours anymore. Are we indeed in for a totally different type of concerts this time?
ROBBIE

Finally got it - all details of the tour and new album are to be released on 01 April!! :innocent:
"Genevieve, I think you're lovely But Genevieve, it's time” TSOM 2020
Alex66

ROBBIE wrote:Finally got it - all details of the tour and new album are to be released on 01 April!! :innocent:
Would be appropriate if :von: has written an album about Trump's fooling a load of people.
The illiterate of the future will not be the man who cannot read the alphabet, but the one who cannot take a photograph. - Walter Benjamin
Driver powered by Cigarettes, Caffeine and Vitriol
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Anymore news on the Sisters Booze Cruise, planned to replace the rather excellent Motorboat:( variety ??
Goths have feelings too
Swinnow
Overbomber

I quite fancied the Sisters Beer Train, starting at Stalybridge and then calling at every station on the slow (but long) train back into Leeds. Niiiiiiiice
Dust Witch
Amphetamine Filth

They have a promoter, Chris seems to be the one that's in touch with them though.
Being645
Above the Chemist

paint it black wrote:Anymore news on the Sisters Booze Cruise, planned to replace the rather excellent Motorboat:( variety ??
From Oostende to Dover or Dover-Calais ... :lol: ... but stop, there's also Zeebrugge to Hull ... ;D ... I'm in ... ;D;D;D :lol: ...