Roy Oh Channel

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Being645
Above the Chemist

Most of us know the great Cooler Than Jesus archive of footage from Sisters Shows all over the years ... it's come to an unpleasing end ... :( ...
* with also some likewise unpleasing effects on the SistersWiki as various videos are linked from there or even integrated into it ... oh my, that's a lot of checking through pages over the coming days ... but hell, at least they don't give up! ... :D ...
Roy Oh wrote:After 11 years and 5000 uploads things came to an abrupt halt for us. If you are curious as to what happened, go look up the term douchebags. Let me know if you find photos of Glenn Danzig, Gobi M. Rahimi or The Smiths. Long story short, over a decade of hard labor was destroyed by three mere mouse clicks. Yeah, I get it. Not everyone wants every little footprint of their artistic career on display 24/7, especially if they had no hand in the creation of the recording. However, these footprints exist and one way or another they will be seen. Launching an atomic bomb does not make them go away. On the contrary, it makes you look like an asshole. Anyway, it is impossible to recreate the former channel, in this lifetime anyway. Therefore we will play the popular vote game. Below is a link to the complete Roy Oh archive. Send an e-mail to nanceinthethroneroom@gmail.com if something interests you. The more popular requests will be re-uploaded with priority.

https://mega.nz/#!Q1FEnT7A!rLGnRI-n5q...

Lastly, and I can't stress it enough, If you are a band or their legitimate representant and wish for material to be removed, or if you are the filmer and desire proper credit, please reach out to me via e-mail at nanceinthethroneroom@gmail.com. I will always respect your wishes.
Fortunately, it is not the end of the world... :) ... Check this out for full links (and The Sisters in Dusseldorf 1990) ... :D ...

All the best from here to the lovely people over there !!! ... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: ... :( :cry: :evil: :twisted: ;D ;D ;D ... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: ...
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

This bit puzzles me:
especially if they had no hand in the creation of the recording
Erm... the artists' performance is, in my view, is a pretty big hand in the creation of a live recording.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Being645
Above the Chemist

markfiend wrote:This bit puzzles me:
especially if they had no hand in the creation of the recording
Erm... the artists' performance is, in my view, is a pretty big hand in the creation of a live recording.
Yes, but some gigs go wrong ... and possibly, one doesn't want the whole world to see if avoidable ...
or someone from the audience recorded the gig and circulates it, while the band themselves were planning to offer it as an official release ...
Who knows. At least, they could have asked to have the video removed ... now their complaint affects lots of fans of other bands as well, phh ...
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

it's completely f**king out if order. even if the artist has every right to have the last word about their own stuff that doesnt entitle them to speak or act -and f**k it up- for every body else. it's like napster again. either way it's a bloody shame.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Being645 wrote:At least, they could have asked to have the video removed ... now their complaint affects lots of fans of other bands as well, phh ...
Yes this is certainly true.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
markreed
Amphetamine Filth

Fucksake! That channel was a fabulous archive of a huge amount of nearly-lost forever priceless live footage.
Dan
Overbomber

markreed wrote:Fucksake! That channel was a fabulous archive of a huge amount of nearly-lost forever priceless live footage.
That's why whenever I see something on youtube I might want to see again I'll download it immediately. I'm still looking for that b&w footage of Patti Smith at Max's in 1974 that I found out about too late and no f#@<er bothered to save, and now you can't find it anywhere.
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

New link already been taken down again :cry:
Being645
Above the Chemist

Charlie wrote:New link already been taken down again :cry:
And even worse, they've also deleted all other channels recently connected to it ... :evil: :evil: :evil: ... :cry: :cry: :cry: ...
Being645
Above the Chemist

Being645 wrote:
Charlie wrote:New link already been taken down again :cry:
And even worse, they've also deleted all other channels recently connected to it ... :evil: :evil: :evil: ... :cry: :cry: :cry: ...
EDIT:
And it's not the only channel that got deleted recently. The same accounts for Weird Tunes, which had featured all the SSV tracks ... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: ...
robertzombie
Overbomber

Being645
Above the Chemist

robertzombie wrote:I can help with that: https://heavyleatherblog.wordpress.com/ ... d1a0ff9d06
Thank you, Rob ... :D :notworthy: ... I had linked to the article in the album page last year already... Now I shall link it from each song page as well ... 8) ...

Btw, did you (or anybody) notice those terrible remixes ... :urff: :urff: :urff: ...

@Charlie
Check the HL Sharing Section here (1983-1985) as well as here (1990), here (1991), and here (1992) to somewhat ease the suffering ... :wink: ...
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

Thanks guys! I'll check those files out later! 8)
pearson
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

robertzombie wrote:I can help with that: https://heavyleatherblog.wordpress.com/ ... d1a0ff9d06
i have the cd (silver disc), i have the mp3 since 2002....
but this...sounds clear.
these sounds gave me and my friends the chills in the years of youth.
smokin' something and a lot in these times ( and mushrooms) ....in dark corners.long time ago...
the "SSV" is great....if you are 19 and high with your freinds...hehe
:twisted:

thank you. :notworthy:
great memories.great nights.
:von:
there's too much blood in my vodkastream

----------------adam pearson------------------