London

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
UniversalRinging
Amphetamine Filth

Terrible news. Hope everyone's okay.
million voices
Slight Overbomber

Stupid, pointless, awful, dreadful.
Innocent people killed for no f**king reason what can you say
Well you must know something
'Cos we're dying of admiration here
Mastering obscure alternatives
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

million voices wrote:Stupid, pointless, awful, dreadful.
Innocent people killed for no f**king reason what can you say
Well exactly, what can you say.

Sadly i'm surprised this doesn't happen more often, anyone can get in a car or pick up a knife anytime and go out and do these horrendous things.

Dangerous times ahead, people from all communities very tense.
It's a very thin, very taut wire we walk at the moment. The last thing we want is for it to collapse into chaos now.
:(
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Theresa May says "Enough is Enough"? Well we've had enough of her. She cut 20,000 police when she was home secretary. The blood is on her hands.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

And she's still denying the problem saying there are plenty of extra police officers on the streets when actually they have just had their leave days cancelled and are working 16 hour shifts. Walking the wire.

It's also time the media calmed down, news channels showing 24 hour coverage live from the scene still today, it's like they are revelling in the drama.
sultan2075
Overbomber

Charlie wrote:
It's also time the media calmed down, news channels showing 24 hour coverage live from the scene still today, it's like they are revelling in the drama.
"If it bleeds, it leads."
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Charlie wrote:And she's still denying the problem saying there are plenty of extra police officers on the streets when actually they have just had their leave days cancelled and are working 16 hour shifts. Walking the wire.
Yeah it's an outright lie. And I object pretty seriously to having armed soldiers out on our streets. Unidentifiable paramilitary "law enforcement" is how innocent people end up getting shot.

(I've heard that at least one of the victims of the London attack was a civilian caught by police gunfire.)
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

if we must have armed security on the streets i'd rather have the army than the pigs anyday. better shots and calmer unde fire. and, unlike the police, the army -without exception- follow orders rather than agendas.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Pista
Cureboi

Nice to see that the human Cheeto with the dead covfefe on his head is being ever so supportive

:?
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

really makes me miss Ronald Regan. Never thought I'd say that.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

The thought of Trump having the nuclear launch codes gives me sleepless nights. I'm half expecting a nuclear war to start as an escalation of a twitter diss war.
—Bertrand Russell
iesus
Overbomber

Since Manchester my family worry about me organizing a London trip for the concert... from the moment they saw in tele what happened in London, they push me to cancel any trip to London, they would be less worry if i told them i plan a tourist trip to Lebanon or Egypt :|
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

It will calm down after the General Election I think - these attacks are a clear attempt by Daesh (or whoever) to influence the election.
—Bertrand Russell
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

One extremely bothering information is that once again, at least one of, attacker, terrorist were known to police.
Obviously, that cause the question of when police and law enforcement services could or should have right to do something more than proceed investitation. Because we can easly see solution of sentencing people for their views, expressed in that or other way, it's even easire if they will do something that could be linked to planing attack, or predicting their action based on their view, but that would be like in Minority Report. But authorities should have something that they can grasp (law), otherwise those who are planning attack will take more precaution, postpone their plans.

It seems to be easy to target places where minds and hearts of muslims are turned into terrorists, willing to kill innocent people and sacriface their own lifes, for the cause', it's not only the Net, these are certains mosques, places of culture for muslims. Yet, so little seems to done to stop, block and prevent these people and work that places.

The other thing is, that if nothing gonna change, some people will not frown when they heard news of another attack. I know how it sounds, but how many of us really have any emtions when we read about traffic accidents? (i know the diference between traffic accidents and terrorists attacks, it's example for purpose of that post).
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I've heard that it takes 30 intelligence staff to monitor one suspect. The huge cuts that the intelligence and police services have undergone over the past few years have inevitably had dire consequences for their abilities to keep tabs on these people.

Also I would imagine it's quite difficult to tell the difference between an angry young man shouting his mouth off and one who is genuinely dangerous... until the dangerous one actually goes out does something.

Further, heavy-handed and discriminatory policing, blanket arrests, detention without trial, increasing racial violence targeted at Muslims, anti-Muslim rhetoric from right-wing [s]blowhards[/s]politicians... all these things serve further to alienate sections of Muslim youth and drive them into the arms of the Daesh recruiters.
—Bertrand Russell
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Yes, it's true that is easire to be terrorist, especially using such primitive means to undertake attacks, that can't be tracked down like guns, ammo, C4 or TNT. Question is how much we are willing to gave of our privacy for sake of security (that will not prevent from attacks at all).

Let's say that UK will face their own, on their own demand, problems with racism and blinded nationalism. Brexit and small depression of UK economy that will cause, linked with departure of immigrants from Eastern European countries for finding better place for live -that will deepen economic problems - will only increase that problem.