alice cooper/ The m*****n

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
elamanamou
Slight Overbomber

Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

Seem some pretty polarized opinions on this.

Me? Would love to go to the Leeds date - finances/kids permitting.
Four strings good, six strings bad
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

strange, i saw the m*****n on their 25th in Leeds and Alice Cooper in Manchester a day after. Personally I dont think they blend well
Goths have feelings too
jost 7
Slight Overbomber

Saw alice a year ago, funny old man. The mish fits nicely, for sure a great event.
love is just a shot away
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

i saw Alice many years ago headlining Reading festival. he puts a good show on i'll give him that. must have been around then that i last saw the mision live actually: '86 or 87 . i agree with HisPaintedBlackness, a strange mixture.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
czuczu
Overbomber

Alice always does great package tours - the one with Mortorhead and Joan Jet was a ripper. This is all seating in London so not for me!
million voices
Slight Overbomber

I have seen Alice Cooper a couple of times - excellent stuff. Does he have the original band with him this time?
I saw The Tubes twice in the late seventies, once at Knebworth, both times absolutely brilliant. Stunning live performance - and that wasn't just due to the gaffa-taped girlies.

There does however seem to be rather a large intermission.
Well you must know something
'Cos we're dying of admiration here
Mastering obscure alternatives
radiojamaica
Overbomber

czuczu wrote:This is all seating in London so not for me!
Is it? F*ck, that's not good... Was really thinking about this as I really like the combo, but seated? Nah, don't want that.

Anyway, saw the docu about the Alice manager a couple of weeks ago 'Supermensch'. What a great watch that was! Recommended viewing, kids :D
in dub we trust
Pista
Cureboi

I recall going to see the Furs in Brighton in either 84 or 85 at the dome. That was all seating & the front 5 or 6 rows were swiftly removed by the audience :lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Swinnow
Overbomber

I'll be at Leeds, the sound in that Arena is fantastic.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
hellboy69
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Metal Gurus incarnation would be perfect for these shows :)
jost 7
Slight Overbomber

hellboy69 wrote:Metal Gurus incarnation would be perfect for these shows :)
Indeed, thought about it also
love is just a shot away
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

I've got tickets for Leeds,first time I'll have sat at a Mish gig since the NEC in 1988!
Hotels are already expensive though,my normal haunt in Leeds the Queens next to the station want £225 pre paid and the Premier Inn across from the venue is apparently sold out. Odd for a gig 11 months away.
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
elamanamou
Slight Overbomber

What are the chances of The m*****n doing a few warm up gigs before the main event? Tempted to go and see Alice Cooper again, even though I will probably be looking at a large screen!!
markreed
Amphetamine Filth

They have already announced some on the mainland.

This is a bloody terrible idea though.
Swinnow
Overbomber

Am unsure about what is so terrible about the idea. To me it seems an odd idea, I get it in terms of growing your audience and getting your name back out there as Da Mish are hardly gracing NEC type venues nowadays as their audience has grown more selective. However, they have announced another one of their downtime periods following these gigs haven't they!

The reaction from the my friends who attend gigs was positive from those who saw their recent tour, the ones who missed it expressed surprise that they were still going, tinged with sadness at missing them 'cos those old dodgy g*ths used to be bloody good live'.
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

Swinnow wrote:Am unsure about what is so terrible about the idea. To me it seems an odd idea, I get it in terms of growing your audience and getting your name back out there as Da Mish are hardly gracing NEC type venues nowadays as their audience has grown more selective. However, they have announced another one of their downtime periods following these gigs haven't they!

I believe that the downtime was planned before they were offered the tour. Wayne has said that he didn't really want to do it but the rest of the band thought it was a great opportunity and he relented.
They are in great form at the moment and it is a shame that seems that this cycle has almost run it's course.
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
elamanamou
Slight Overbomber

All booked for Birmingham Arena. Looking forward :D
czuczu
Overbomber

I'll still keep looking at the Wembley tickets to see if anything half decent is available. It isn't :(
Swinnow
Overbomber

My spies tell me that some seats close to the stage are available for Leeds on Saturday as guest tickets have been returned by Alice Cooper's posse.
czuczu
Overbomber

I've snaffled 3 rows back on the aisle for Wembley. Face value, quite chuffed :)
deirfiur
Amphetamine Filth

Two cartoon bands....
Pista
Cureboi

deirfiur wrote:Two cartoon bands....
The Gorillaz & The Archies?

Do I win a prize?

:D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
elamanamou
Slight Overbomber

Be great for a review as I'm seeing them on Tuesday. Thanks
Cedarjet
Amphetamine Filth

Saw The m*****n on Thursday at Bochum. Really good (even though they had to restart the gig due to technical problems), nice setlist, the venue a little bit too small and too crowded. Audible lead vocals and a bass player (especially a good one) are are clearly an advantage :innocent: , just their drummer didn´t completely convince me.
Still, though it was a great evening and I was really satisfied with the 3 older gentlemen´s performance...that little bit of extra magic a Sisters gig even has these days was not there. But never mind, I´m in for the next Sisters AND m*****n concerts in the vicinity...
Trying is the first step towards failure
(Homer Simpson)