Today I have been mostly...

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Pista wrote:
nice one steve! happy for you bro. :kiss:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
UniversalRinging
Amphetamine Filth

Pista: Cuties!!!

Today I am mostly: Looking for a new apartment. Been dealing with some landlord/tenant s**t for a little while and it doesn't look like it's going away. Fine though, because we don't have a set date, but the thought of moving in the summer is enough to make me bawl on the floor. Deep sigh....
Pista
Cureboi

UniversalRinging wrote:
Today I am mostly: Looking for a new apartment. Been dealing with some landlord/tenant s**t for a little while and it doesn't look like it's going away. Fine though, because we don't have a set date, but the thought of moving in the summer is enough to make me bawl on the floor. Deep sigh....
Fingers & toes crossed for you
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

Pista wrote:
Charlie wrote:
Pista wrote:Welcoming 2 kittens to my flat.
Ooohhhh! :D :D Tell us more!
Well, right now they are a bit frightened. It's all new to them. They are very small (about 6 weeks old).
They are currently snuggled together in a corner while this new "world" sinks in.

well it is a small world and it smells funny, so you can't really blame them. I'm so happy for you Pista! 8)
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Pista wrote:
Charlie wrote:
Pista wrote:Welcoming 2 kittens to my flat.
Ooohhhh! :D :D Tell us more!
Well, right now they are a bit frightened. It's all new to them. They are very small (about 6 weeks old).
They are currently snuggled together in a corner while this new "world" sinks in.
Anerable kittehs! :D
Sometimes it helps to keep them in a small room until they acclimate, and then let them explore bit by bit. It's a big world, and they're very smol. Alternatively, a box with a towel in the bottom and some food and is a useful "safe space" for them to retreat to when it all gets too much.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
UniversalRinging
Amphetamine Filth

Cheers Pista!
mh
Above the Chemist

Pista wrote:Image
Puddy tats! :notworthy:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Pista
Cureboi

...putting lemon peel around the pot plants.
That'll keep the cats of them. :twisted:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
sultan2075
Overbomber

Adorable!

Today I've been mostly wandering about Reykjavik. I love this city, and don't really want to go back to DC (though I do miss my cats). I'll try to come back in winter.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
UniversalRinging
Amphetamine Filth

Trying to concentrate through the s**t-loads of DIY fireworks going off in the neighborhood.
Pista
Cureboi

UniversalRinging wrote:Trying to concentrate through the s**t-loads of DIY fireworks going off in the neighborhood.
They've started early haven't they?
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
UniversalRinging
Amphetamine Filth

Pista: Ha! Lots of young people in the neighborhood. First cherry bomb goes off around April and then ramps up like crazy the whole first week of July.
UniversalRinging
Amphetamine Filth

Sitting in front of a fan. Blechh it’s hot. Too hot to go out or talk to people or concentrate, so all the shades are down, another fan aimed out the window, big jug of iced tea. Trying to write in windy darkness. Occasional spritz of water from the houseplant mister. Goth picnic for one.
Big Si
School Bully

Waiting for my hearing to return after seeing Sunn O))) last night

:twisted:

https://www.facebook.com/douglas.green. ... 367920561/
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
EvilBastard
Overbomber

sultan2075 wrote:Adorable!

Today I've been mostly wandering about Reykjavik. I love this city, and don't really want to go back to DC (though I do miss my cats). I'll try to come back in winter.
Iceland in the winter is ace. Sure, you only get about 23 minutes of daylight, but it's worth it to wander about in the gloom. Fewer tourists, too - easier to get a table at Fish Market (sure, it's a second mortgage to do the Tasting Menu but it's worth every tin of Chef Boyardee ravioli that you'll be eating for the next 6 months as a result), or settling in for the afternoon with a 6-pack of Einstock's Toasted Porter (but FFS by it at the Duty Free or you'll need a 3rd and 4th mortgage).

Hank Moody
EvilBastard
Overbomber

TIHBM...

...fighting 9 hours of jetlag. Spent 25 hours traveling back from Delhi but somehow managed to get home on the same date I departed. Time travel? or might be related to the new Doctor being a woman. I dunno.

Anyway, Kashmir is very very lovely. Would recommend. Stunning scenery, lovely people (even the large number of army/armed police everywhere), goats, yaks, the occasional cat, and best of all, Himalayan marmots. Also monasteries, religious festivals, The Highest Motorable Road On Earth*, and lots and lots of nummy foods. Only managed to fill 5 128gb cards with pictures.

*allegedly
Hank Moody
Pista
Cureboi

Good to have you back EB
Glad you had a good trip too :)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

shopping...mall of america..slightly big I would say. anyways maybe a bit of reading now and tomorrow heavy work starts
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

Trying to work from home with Weird and Gilly
Image[/img]
Pista
Cureboi

EmmaPeelWannaBe wrote:Trying to work from home with Weird and Gilly
Image[/img]
I feel your pain. Every time my back's turned my 2 are on the mac, turning up the brightness, opening itunes & sitting on caps lock. :lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
sultan2075
Overbomber

EvilBastard wrote:
Iceland in the winter is ace. Sure, you only get about 23 minutes of daylight, but it's worth it to wander about in the gloom. Fewer tourists, too - easier to get a table at Fish Market (sure, it's a second mortgage to do the Tasting Menu but it's worth every tin of Chef Boyardee ravioli that you'll be eating for the next 6 months as a result), or settling in for the afternoon with a 6-pack of Einstock's Toasted Porter (but FFS by it at the Duty Free or you'll need a 3rd and 4th mortgage).

I cannot wait to go back. But my God is it expensive. We thought we had brought enough cash along to get by for the week, but it was gone by the end of the second day.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
UniversalRinging
Amphetamine Filth

EmmaPeelWannaBe: Oooh they look too mischievous, the little scamps.

Big Si: How was the Sunn show? It's been a long while since I've seen them. Must've been during Monoliths and Dimensions. Any special guests?

Today I've been hanging out at home. Deep vegging after a crazy stressful week. Star Trek TNG and scrambled eggs for dinner make everything better.
Microcosmia
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

All these adorable kittens!

I'm packing, unpacking and repacking for our trip to Warwick/Stratford this week. Just checked my son's case and removed the thermal hat and gloves that were still in it since a school trip. Hopefully we won't need those
:lol: :lol:

Oh, and sorting out cat care too.
Big Si
School Bully

UniversalRinging wrote:Big Si: How was the Sunn show? It's been a long while since I've seen them. Must've been during Monoliths and Dimensions. Any special guests?
"It's more than 12 hours since Sunn 0))) stopped playing, and my ears are still ringing. Basically the gig is a two hour health & safety nightmare - minimal visibility, maximum volume, no breaks or explanations about anything, my ribcage was rattling, I genuinely felt I was being hypnotised by a combination of extreme noise and strobe lighting ... Big Si said "it ticked all my boxes"!

The video below isn't distorted ... that's what it actually looked and sounded like. Very slow, weird, physically assaulting."

:wink:

There was no support band just Sunn O))) and I thoroughly enjoyed it :D
Wyrd bið ful aræd...

mybelgiannemesis
Alex66
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Big Si wrote:
UniversalRinging wrote:Big Si: How was the Sunn show? It's been a long while since I've seen them. Must've been during Monoliths and Dimensions. Any special guests?
"It's more than 12 hours since Sunn 0))) stopped playing, and my ears are still ringing. Basically the gig is a two hour health & safety nightmare - minimal visibility, maximum volume, no breaks or explanations about anything, my ribcage was rattling, I genuinely felt I was being hypnotised by a combination of extreme noise and strobe lighting ... Big Si said "it ticked all my boxes"!

The video below isn't distorted ... that's what it actually looked and sounded like. Very slow, weird, physically assaulting."

:wink:

There was no support band just Sunn O))) and I thoroughly enjoyed it :D
I saw them a couple of years ago, I wore ear plugs my ears were still ringing a couple of day latter, it felt like internal organs were being reorganised. Thoroughly great night out, don't think I have experienced anything like it.
The illiterate of the future will not be the man who cannot read the alphabet, but the one who cannot take a photograph. - Walter Benjamin
Driver powered by Cigarettes, Caffeine and Vitriol