September 27th: Paradiso, Grote Zaal, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2017
Being645
Above the Chemist

The Sisters play the Paradiso again ... :) ...

http://www.podiuminfo.nl/concert/207638 ... /Paradiso/

Well, at least it looks like ... maybe, I can manage this time...

Setlist:
More
Ribbons
Doctor Jeep/ Detonation Boulevard
Crash & Burn
No Time To Cry
Walk Away
Body & Soul
Marian
Alice
Arms
Lucretia, My Reflection
Summer
First & Last & Always
Rumble
Flood II
Something Fast

Encore:
Something Fast (with Lisa Cuthbert)
That’s When I Reach For My Revolver (with Lisa Cuthbert)
Dominion/ Mother Russia (with Lisa Cuthbert)
Temple Of Love (with Lisa Cuthbert)
This Corrosion (with Lisa Cuthbert)
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

Not confirmed on Paradiso's website, not mentioned through ticketmaster.

Meanwhile.
guns & cars & accidents
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

guns & cars & accidents
Being645
Above the Chemist

dinky daisy wrote:Aaaand confirmed.

https://www.paradiso.nl/web/Agenda-Item ... -Mercy.htm
Indeed, but for Wednesday, 27 March instead of Friday 29th !!! ... :) ...

* Mods, please ... :D ...
Pista
Cureboi

Being645 wrote:
dinky daisy wrote:Aaaand confirmed.

https://www.paradiso.nl/web/Agenda-Item ... -Mercy.htm
Indeed, but for Wednesday, 27 March instead of Friday 29th !!! ... :) ...

* Mods, please ... :D ...
Changed :)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

Lucky girls. Ryanair's cheaper on wednesday.
guns & cars & accidents
DasPerltAber
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Might be going...
My Dominion
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I am in :-)
Please to meet you :-)

Home Town Gig :-)
http://www.mydominionnl.com
A fanwebsite !
Gent, Eindhoven and Lokeren
My Dominion

DasPerltAber wrote:Might be going...
See you there Paul !
http://www.mydominionnl.com
A fanwebsite !
Gent, Eindhoven and Lokeren
situationalism
Road Kill

I'll preface this by saying I already had a trip to Europe in the works (I'm a U.S. resident) but I managed to fit this date into the schedule. This will be my first time seeing them and likely only, since there hasn't been a state-side appearance since 2009 and I've stopped holding my breath.

Question is: Cancellations... they seem pretty few and far between but I'll leave it to the seasoned veterans here to add any insight.
godgirl

situationalism wrote:I'll preface this by saying I already had a trip to Europe in the works (I'm a U.S. resident) but I managed to fit this date into the schedule. This will be my first time seeing them and likely only, since there hasn't been a state-side appearance since 2009 and I've stopped holding my breath.

Question is: Cancellations... they seem pretty few and far between but I'll leave it to the seasoned veterans here to add any insight.
You want stats?
"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised God doesn't work that way, so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness"
godgirl

Not going now - have a ticket and Paradiso membership - pdf so can transfer easily.

PM me if interested!

Marge xxx
"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised God doesn't work that way, so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness"
sukhoi

Due to various circumstances giving it up. One ticket for sale (together with Paradiso membership for 30 EUR). It is e-ticket, so that fast transfer...
PM if interested....
Right On Venom And Revenge
leanfang
Road Kill

I also am gutted we can no longer go to Amsterdam next week so have 2 tickets available - see my post in the “Tickets to exchange� sticky post or PM me.

Ta

Fraser
Pista
Cureboi

Roll up roll up (if you know what I mean :innocent: )
Have a jolly good time in Hamsterjam tonight everyone.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Aye have a great time you jammy gits! The Sisters and Amsterdam are an exquisite combination :D
sukhoi

Still having one spare ticket for today (plus membership for 20 EUR now - discount price :lol: ). It's e-ticket, so that instant transfer...

Anyway, all the rest participants, enjoy and hope to see you next tour!

Petr
Right On Venom And Revenge
jost 7
Slight Overbomber

This was an exciting tour. Enjoy the European finals tonight!
Have been there 10 days too early.
love is just a shot away
godgirl

godgirl wrote:Not going now - have a ticket and Paradiso membership - pdf so can transfer easily.

PM me if interested!

Marge xxx
Bert Mayenburg has my pdf ticket with him, hopefully.
It's free to a good home or in return for a small charity donation - ask him for details.

Enjoy!

Marge xxx
Being645
Above the Chemist

Lots of pleasure and joy for this last gig of the tour ... ;D ;D ;D ... plenty wonderful concerts ...
with some surprises, lots of great guitar works enhancing old originals by so far unknown varieties ...
(mostly) improving vocals and a band decided to rock the stage hand in hand ... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: ...
Chaotican

The final show for me.

I’d heard of Paradiso for years, of course, as a far-away and legendary place that I never thought I’d have the chance to patronize myself. I’ve been looking forward to seeing it for months. I’ve also promised myself that I’d view at least one show from the balcony, just to gain a new perspective. As this was the last show and I hadn’t made good on that promise, tonight was the night.

The line was weird because half the people had to buy a membership and it slowed many down. I got a membership and made my way to the balcony where there were rows of foldable chairs. That should have been a red flag. I took a seat in the front row, to the Chris-side, and settled in. I dropped my purse to the floor below nearly instantly (clue #2 this wasn’t my place) but a kind person guarded it for me and I got it back. The stage was small, with room for only five mirrors which were already exposed. The angle was different from above, reflecting more of the floor of the stage. The other main difference was the sound. It’s really good from the balcony and the Membranes sounded fantastic. Nice “thank you�s to the Sisters and to the crazy fans, which was sweet. After the set, even the sounds of hundreds of voices was nice, like a rolling chorus. Also, you can see more. Stage set up was visable and I watched the band emerge from some underground lair and it was an interesting view.

And that’s all the positive I can say about the balcony. Other than that, it sucks and I hate it. The crowd was so into the show below, I decided to take my chances navigating the packed floor and I left the balcony.

It was like going from a black-and-white world to full color, entering the floor. There were people on each other’s shoulders, tons of dancing, a bit of a mosh pit (eventually), and lots of singing along.

The performance was great tonight. Out of all the shows, Warsaw gets my vote for “best�, but this was up there as well. The song orders changed a bit. As had been speculated, Lisa Cuthbert joined for the encores. I was excited to see her since I’d skipped Sweden. She sounds great and adds a nice dimension to the songs. There is something off about the chemistry, however. It makes me appreciate how well the rest of the band gels when I see someone who doesn’t. She started out in the smoke and I was startled to see a hand where none had been earlier, with little else visible. The ghostly start was interesting.

Lucretia was a lot of fun, with the crowd being very enthusiastic from the get go. “This is the quiet part�. FALAA was fantastic. Temple had an extra boost from Lisa and was exceptional in its own right. I’m still loving Dominion/Mother Russia. It was over too fast with a bow and an exit and that’s that!

It was a brilliant tour and I got what I came for. Again, as always.
Joy

"Music is there to enrich your life and make you aware of things in a slightly different way."
Joy

Credit: Gregory Adamatitis

"Music is there to enrich your life and make you aware of things in a slightly different way."
Being645
Above the Chemist

Ah, cool ... ;D ... thanks for the setlist, K. (and Gregory, of course) .... :notworthy: :notworthy: ...

Here's Revolver ... really a good version ... ;D ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04X0-G4jj9o
Arrrgh!
Amphetamine Filth

Again, sounds class.

Lisa should be a full touring member.
Do I drive or am I driven?