"Der Meisterträumer" stufarq's 1st novel in German

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Kutan
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I posted under the original thread, but as this did not get any attention, probably due to my low status here, I'm now so bold to open a separate thread and hope you all will forgive me this piece of advertising. At least, it's not for myself

You may wonder why I post this here. Four years ago, stufarq announced his first novel, "The Ultimate Dreamer", here on Heartland. I was one of those who read it and liked it, but I was also the one who, half in jest, offered to be stufarq's translator, should he ever think about publishing his book in German.

What I never expected happened, he said yes, and I took up the challenge, even though I'm not a professional translator. There is a section on stufarq's website where he writes about his interaction with me, it was really an interesting an demanding task for both of us.

Now, finally, the German translation of "The Ultimate Dreamer" is published. I think I captured the essence of the work while transferring things that naturally only work in English to a working German equivalent. Whatever that means.

If you like, "Der Meisterträumer" is available on Amazon, currently only as an ebook, but stufarq tells me that the paperback edition is on its way.

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B0764J2H9M

Btw: Please do not think I get a single penny from that. I offered stufarq to translate his novel in order to prove that I can, not more, not less. If you buy it in German, the money is his. Which is perfectly right, as he's the storyteller. I just gave him another language to tell his story in.

It would be nice if at least someone would post "I don't need this, thank you". Having my post to the original thread being viewed by a dozen and commented by zero for a week is indeed depressing...
Kutan
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Three and a half years later there's still no reply, and Stuart Farquhar has disappeared, leaving behind this novel and its sequel (plus a one-act play that is also very good). It makes me sad that this tremendous story vanished into nothing, and that there will be no end to it, not even a middle. I would have loved to translate "The Light Beneath the Waves" as well, but I had no idea for a German equivalent for the Orkney dialect. This would have required a professional translator with knowledge of the Frisian language, probably.
If you don't know what to read during lockdown, try Stuart's books. They are still available on Amazon.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

so you're not im contact with him at all? i hope he's ok :?
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
sam donut
Some Kind of Donut

Blimey, translating a novel must have been a heck of a rewarding experience! Thanks for the recommendation, too, I shall look into these books! :)
Being645
Above the Chemist

Hell, I missed that thread in 2017. Otherwise I surely had reacted to it.
What an enormous job you took upon you, there. Kudos, Kutan ... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: ...
I've still gut this book (the original version) here on my shelve and sufficiently enjoyed reading it... :) ...
Yeah, stufarq (Stuart Farquhar) has disappeared from here ... towards the more friendly FB platforms,
I guess. Been missing him ever since, but what will you do... :( ...