Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
Lisa Cuthbert

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arrrgh!
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #1  Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:03 am    Post subject: Lisa Cuthbert Reply with quote Back to top

So, there have been five or six gigs/appearances by Lisa Cuthbert with the Sisters? What do you guys think?

I'm really enjoying her contributions. Her backing vocals really add something to the mix, and the stage looks more . . . proper, with a fourth person up front.

Three guys and a laptop at the back (with handler) doesn't 'feel' like a proper band. For some reason, an extra body just looks better.

I'd love to see her become a full touring member. Andrew seems to have used her mostly for the encore songs that have backing vocals on the records - TOL, This Corrosion etc, but I think she really complements his voice.
abridged
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #2  Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I always liked a female voice in the Sisters. I always preferred TOL 92 even though the original is of course wonderful so absolutely it would be great to have her in the band. And tis good to have Irish people in the Sisters! Wink And it might mean we get a great version of Under the Gun! Very Happy
mh
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #3  Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Likewise, I think she fills out the sound and adds something new and interesting to the songs.
Planet Dave
Overbomber

PostPost #4  Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sign her up, simple as.
dtsom
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #5  Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It would be great a female backing vocals and live keyboards.

2016 BRUSSELS SO FAR....SO WAITING FOR MORE

MERA LUNA-BARCELONA-PORTUGAL-MADRID
LIVERPOOL AND SHEFFIELD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
iesus
Overbomber

PostPost #6  Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

She should be an add to the band because of all the above reasons plus...

Band could play the new material with that add. Cool
sultan2075
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #7  Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

iesus wrote:
She should be an add to the band because of all the above reasons plus...

Band could play the new material with that add. Cool

Maybe with her on piano we'll hear "Maximum Jack"?
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Being645
Above the Chemist

PostPost #8  Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Lisa Cuthbert Reply with quote Back to top

Arrrgh! wrote:
So, there have been five or six gigs/appearances by Lisa Cuthbert with the Sisters? What do you guys think?

I'm really enjoying her contributions. Her backing vocals really add something to the mix, and the stage looks more . . . proper, with a fourth person up front.

Three guys and a laptop at the back (with handler) doesn't 'feel' like a proper band. For some reason, an extra body just looks better.

I'd love to see her become a full touring member. Andrew seems to have used her mostly for the encore songs that have backing vocals on the records - TOL, This Corrosion etc, but I think she really complements his voice.

Absolutely seconded. Some minor improvements aside, it were really cool to have these additional vocals strategically involved (meanwhile Chris does a very good job at times in this direction, too ... and he has a great voice for it as well and knows how to use it ...) but an explicit background singer - I would prefer even two!! - makes the whole gig look more sorted and professional ... plus the visual anchor and width a background unit adds to the stage ... so YES ... Mr. Green Mr. Green ...
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

PostPost #9  Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Not for me, I'm afraid. Would rather see a live bassist and carry on with current increased BVs for Chris and Ben, whose role seems to have increased, vocally. I'm sure LC is a fine artiste, but not personally of a style I enjoy or would associate with TSOM. I would have to add that this view is solely based on YT, as she has not performed at any shows I have been to.
d0gbones
Road Kill

PostPost #10  Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Not a fan, sorry. Dominion wasn't so bad, but the rest I could live without. The less wailing the better, but I know that's a minority opinion.
Aazhyd
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #11  Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, if your lead "singer" can't sing, best to add some backing vocals to repair the drama.

Check the comments on those videos. Rolling Eyes
ruffers
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #12  Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:
Not for me, I'm afraid. Would rather see a live bassist and carry on with current increased BVs for Chris and Ben, whose role seems to have increased, vocally. I'm sure LC is a fine artiste, but not personally of a style I enjoy or would associate with TSOM. I would have to add that this view is solely based on YT, as she has not performed at any shows I have been to.

This. I don't really like the sound of her voice I'm afraid.
paul
Overbomber

PostPost #13  Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Perhaps if she learns how to play bass combined with backing vocals, that would be cool ... Ow wait, has anyone Patsy's phone number?
SmileySister
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #14  Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I hope she joins them for the next UK tour. I'd love to experience it for myself. I heard lots of good things about her contribution.
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #15  Posted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I like what I've heard on youtube. And i think she and Chris would make an adorable couple.
Llamatron
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #16  Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

dtsom wrote:
It would be great a female backing vocals and live keyboards.

I don't mind the keys on a backing track (though, to be fair, she can play just fine... Perhaps 1959 live with just her and Our fearless leader! ?), but live bass would be phenomenal as well. I do enjoy her backing vocals and feel they add something to the band.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

PostPost #17  Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

as i didn't attend any of the concerts she was in i too can only go on the YT vids. to be honest it makes no odds to me one way or another, so long as a) they dont go sticking female vocals where they dont belong, simply to give her something to do (i doubt they would anyway) and b) she stays within her capabilities as a vocalist. where she is singing the part of otherwise faceless female backing singers she sounds fine but she hasn't got the vocal range or uniquity to sing ofra haza's part on TOL. we need to be strengthening and supporting the live vocals if anything, not adding to their failings.
given the choice regarding additions to the bands format i would ask for a live bass player above all else.
DocSommer
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #18  Posted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Her vocal range is pretty impressive and it's probably not easy to place her well in the mix since the backround vocals should not outperform the lead vocals. Still this collaboration seems getting along better and better over time.
panzerfaust
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #19  Posted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

by lead vocals you mean chris' ?
jost 7
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #20  Posted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just listening to stuttgarts temple, even this she is really doing nicely, its not that easy. She also could be even better in the mix, not louder.
Lets have her and a bass player, it could be the next peak in sisters history. Tony, where are you? Wonna put on the party dress?
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

PostPost #21  Posted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

panzerfaust wrote:
by lead vocals you mean chris' ?

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

PostPost #22  Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If Von ever does get round to that Trump election LP, at least Ms Cuthbert's services shouldn't break the bank https://www.airgigs.com/online-female-vocalist-for-hire/7746/HAUNTING-LEAD-&-BACKING-VOCALS-WITH-CUSTOM-ARRANGEMENTS-INCLUDES-1-LEAD-VOCAL-DOUBLES-LAYERED-HARMONIES
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: