GW8 - Deadline Saturday 14.10, 11.30 am

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

Evening all! I gave in and did cake. I'm not sure you all deserve it after the mess you made in the Shed last time, but just this once - I'm hungry!
Welcome back to the calm of FPL after the frenzy of WC qualification. I imagine some countries were in a frenzy, anyway. If you can, try and find the audio of Iceland and Panama scoring to qualify, it's great fun! But oops, no USA, no Netherlands. Or Wales, or Scotland. (Moyes for Scotland after today's news?) England got through, leaving the nation ecstatic that it was all over and they didn't have to watch any more of this drivel. I'm more excited about being able to listen to that Icelandic chant, tbh.
After all that, it seems that we don't have too many new injuries. Kanté is on a yellow !, but the big story is Mané's being out for a while. Coutinho is back, it seems. Fellaini is also still out, if you have him. Refresh your memories with
Steve's post Over There before you do owt.
This week, then, you'd hope that everyone is a little refreshed and raring to go. Obv England players should have done it earlier... Alli is being dropped by a good many because he hasn't produced the goods for too long now. Kane is at least scoring. The Scout is picking out Sterling, Gross and Sanchez as their top picks, do you agree?
Whatever happens, Liverpool and Man U has finally become a 'meh' sort of game which could possibly send you to sleep. WatArse ( :eek: ) looks like quite a good one, though. Chelsea might possibly win, Spurs should with ease, Man City will probably slip up and the rest have potential to be as exciting as games should be.
So, am off to see if a transfer is worth it, and trust my luck to the winds again.
Let's go!
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
GOD
11 Imaginary Boys

I'm just here to say ......... I'm going outside, I may be some time.
Pista
Cureboi

As luck would have it, this week the TV here is showing Palace getting walloped live (again).
So yay! :?
Righto. Best try to figure out who to replace Morata with then.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Aye, same here. Straight swap for the fit-again Mr Amsterdam I reckon, mmm or maybe not, would you risk a returning-from-poxy-injury centre-forward scorer-for-fun against Stoke? Knowing Gladiola, probably.

Rubbish set of games lined up this w/e, I predict one nil-2 (soz Steve :wink: ), two 8-nils and eight 1-all's. And sadly I expect my lot's to be the dullest of those 1-all's, might even creep towards a nil nil there. Go on Jose!

As ever good luck IGM, and bad luck backcombers.
Pista
Cureboi

Planet Dave wrote:Aye, same here. Straight swap for the fit-again Mr Amsterdam I reckon, mmm or maybe not, would you risk a returning-from-poxy-injury centre-forward scorer-for-fun against Stoke? Knowing Gladiola, probably.
Pep's prolly going to be wary about Aguero. Especially as Citeh have Napoli in the week.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Pista
Cureboi

Klopp's on form today
On the fitness of Roberto Firmino and Philippe Coutinho after their trips away with Brazil: “Both had a long flight although I imagine it was pretty comfortable when I saw the price!�
:lol:

edit: JoMo too
"New system. Nine strikers, don't worry about it."
:lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Pista
Cureboi

Liverpuddle looking pretty dangerous today
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Liverpool always looks dangerous. It's a dangerous city. The match was crap, and dull, the only danger I saw was the possiblility of Jones or Smalling committing a howler, but that's nowt new. Entirely predictable fare, I'd have tinkered with (dropped) Miki if my one transfer wasn't spoken for. Went with Kane for Morata seeing as I has the dosh spare, and duly installed him as captain, so 4 of the 8 goals they score this afternoon should be forthcoming imminently....
Pista
Cureboi

In other news..

Palace have scored.

I repeat

PALACE HAVE SCORED!

Film at 11

edit: aaand....Dammit Palace!
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Pista
Cureboi

Sane, Jesus, Abraham all with 2 each. I is smiling :D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

8 each from debruyne and erikson, 6 from ma keeper. vardy and 2 others still to play. better than it has been. could have done with less of a damp squib at anfield
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Pista
Cureboi

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: could have done with less of a damp squib at anfield
Yep. Me too. But seems JoMo watched a different match
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
eastmidswhizzkid

Pista wrote:
eastmidswhizzkid wrote: could have done with less of a damp squib at anfield
Yep. Me too. But seems JoMo watched a different match
any "respect" i had for him went when he signed to the mancs. :roll:
and yes - that is from a subjective position of extreme bias. :twisted:

Pista
Cureboi

Spent half an hour hunting a decent feed for the early game but judging by the BBC's text feed descending into a conversation about eszetts & umlauts, I'm kind of glad I gave up.
Oh, & here's a Brighton fan with a doormat
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
eastmidswhizzkid

if vardy has a good game tomorrow this will have been a very good GW for me. as it is it's prolly my most successful so far this season. :D

Pista
Cureboi

I think I might be on course for a megaphone in the ear at this rate.
:D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

i think i'm on for the hairdryer treatment
iesus
Overbomber

26p :eek: :lol:
worst points ever :roll:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Had a shocker, unless Hegazi bags a hatrick tonight. Erm, yep. Forgetting that spurs play at Wembley didn't help, shouldn't have gone anywhere near Kane or indeed any of them, a mistake that will be rectified by next week, but to weigh Jesus and Kane, and go with Kane, at Wembley, was clearly s**t FPL management. Oops.
limur
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Pista wrote:I think I might be on course for a megaphone in the ear at this rate.
Quiet at the back please :D :D :D
...train, crashin' head long into the heartland...

Pushing Good Music #PGM www.livemusicreview.co.uk
Pista
Cureboi

limur wrote:
Pista wrote:I think I might be on course for a megaphone in the ear at this rate.
Quiet at the back please :D :D :D
D'oh! :notworthy:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Thought I had had an average week at best, benching fifteen points worth of Man Utd defence and picking the off-form Alli as captain, then checked the league table and I am up to first place. Funny old game. :roll:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Don't forget it's a Friday 7pm deadline for GW9 folks
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

A fine end of GW to you all. As Mr Fiend says, the new GW starts tomorrow, so Pistababy will open his Shed when the urn has heated up and the firepit smoke has cleared a bit.
Well, that was a tale of a few things. If you didn't score for City, you weren't paying attention. I could have, if I'd been there. A lovely display by Sane, Jesus, Sterling, De Bruyne and a couple of Silvas. Might as well chuck the whole team in! Stoke's goals are destined to be forgotten so let's hear it for Diouf! Walker kindly scored their other one. Palace provided the other entertainment of the weekend by both scoring and winning ;D Spurs struggled at Wembley again, Leicester's game was dire and now they're looking for a manager, and so it goes. Arsenal lost, but that's no longer the surprise it was. A normal week? The clubs in Europe did much, much better midweek, Arsenal winning tonight! Though Everton are trailing righ this minute.
Oh - Aguero is back.
On Sunday I will be watching Spurs v Liverpool on the telly. This is important. It will be 40 years to the day when I saw Spurs thrash Bristol Rovers 9-0 when Colin Lee scored 4 on his debut. Such moments shape a girl's entire life with hopes and disappointments. Ah well - they're my team, I love them and all is well right now!
To FPL matters... here's the table! For some reason IGM aren't winning, but Mav checked Steve's numbers and said they were right. :lol:

The yellow jersey is with.. oh no, not again... Damage Dunfermline!
The crown is with Unstuck Forest, which I'm sure looks quite nifty after a few pints, no?
Big Shout Out this week is for the owner of 81 points, Tangerine FC! Oh, to be at those dizzy heights...
The table
I've done my transfers and sold my soul, so handing over to the Shed for GW9. See you soon for more cake. Place orders early to get the filling you want.

Ems :kiss:
Pista
Cureboi

Well played all :notworthy: :notworthy:

& GW9 is up & running :D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity