Ben Christos new band.

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

This is far more contemporary than NightxNight, and should do fine in Europe where "the kids" lap up Nightwish, Linkin Park and other bands operating in this broad genre. Good to hear that Ben has kept some of the edge from his fabulous riffing on the PIG project with Raymond Watts this year which is much more in keeping with what many Sisters/James Ray/Ministry fans would naturally listen to : https://metropolisrecords.bandcamp.com/ ... revelation
centurionofprix
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

i love it but i'm probably more fond of him-core than most heartlanders. ben's lead guitaring sounds like he took something from the sisters even and that darkest star chorus moved me

(are the kendo guys a call to total eclipse of the heart....)
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

sultan2075 wrote:I lasted 36 seconds.
Are you on the right forum?
Four strings good, six strings bad
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

Norman Hunter wrote:
:lol: :lol: :notworthy:
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

Charlie wrote:
Norman Hunter wrote:
:lol: :lol: :notworthy:
And there is a winner of the thread!
sultan2075
Overbomber

Norman Hunter wrote:
Well-played, good sir. :notworthy:
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
GC
Slight Overbomber

I clicked...wish I had n't. Not my cup of tea (maybe when I was 14)
AdrenaChris
Amphetamine Filth

Bollocks, but I knew that as soon as I looked at the picture. Cool guy, he can play guitar, but whatever. This kind of stuff exists in that very awkward place where it's not real metal, and not real goth either. It's not even real goth metal (see Anathema - Serenades). It should stay in 2004 where it belongs!

But that's just my opinion :wink:
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

panzerfaust wrote:wow, thats even worse than expected.

s**t LA hair metal. lol. facepalm
Considering the gigs he does every month as Shot Through The Heart , what exactly were you expecting?
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
panzerfaust
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

ribbons69 wrote:
panzerfaust wrote:wow, thats even worse than expected.

s**t LA hair metal. lol. facepalm
Considering the gigs he does every month as Shot Through The Heart , what exactly were you expecting?
good point, my bad.