Never too young?

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
andymackem
Slight Overbomber

My daughter is barely 20 months old, but is showing promising signs of musical taste. I was trying to keep her quiet today while I did some housework (because that's just how rock'n'roll life is at Mackem Towers these days) and fired up YouTube to play her some age-appropriate material. Unfortunately, my YouTube quickly veers into odd places.

Up comes Temple of Love, and there's an excited chirrup of 'Music! Music!' from the front room. Can't wait till she tells her mum that love is always over in the morning.

I've also had her dancing to Qntal tracks on occasion, and she's been known to bop along to Rosetta Stone in the back of the car. She's getting plenty of black clothes for her birthday.
Names are just a souvenir ...
Russian footie in the run-up to the World Cup - my latest E-book available from https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DGJFF6G
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Good stuff :lol: :notworthy:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

We're hoping to do something similar for (to?) our mini quifflet, who is due later this month 8)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Being645
Above the Chemist

... that sounds like good hopes ... ;D ...
Swinnow
Overbomber

My two sons are now both big gig goers and have extremely catholic musical tastes ranging from Abba to Zappa as we used to say. However, there are two bands neither can abide, The Sisters and The Mish.... I blame the parents :lol:
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
andymackem
Slight Overbomber

I'm sure the enthusiasm will wear off quickly once she's old enough to realise that daddy isn't the greatest man alive and is really an embarrassing old fool. For now, I'll settle for adulation.
Names are just a souvenir ...
Russian footie in the run-up to the World Cup - my latest E-book available from https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07DGJFF6G
czuczu
Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote:We're hoping to do something similar for (to?) our mini quifflet, who is due later this month 8)
Hey, congrats!
Our #2 has just passed 3 months and was smiling for Hangar 18 earlier today 8) :lol:
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

Congrats and best wishes to QB and partner!
Swinnow wrote:My two sons are now both big gig goers and have extremely catholic musical tastes ranging from Abba to Zappa as we used to say. However, there are two bands neither can abide, The Sisters and The Mish.... I blame the parents :lol:
:lol: Glad to hear I'm not the only HL parent who has failed in his duty. My kids always demanded that I turned off TSOM or "the man who can't sing" as they called AE.

There was a brief moment of hope a few years back when we had a spare ticket one night when a friend cried off at the last minute and one of my daughters (who would have been about sixteen) said she'd come. But although she loved the "backing track", thought Ben was "hot" and Chris was "cool", she thought that Andrew was "even worse than on the records" and "the other two should get rid of him and get in a proper singer." She also felt self-conscious because "everyone else here is at least twice my age." :( :roll: :oops:
Swinnow
Overbomber

My youngest has met Mr Catalyst when we have been out and about in Headingley and he adores NMA so I haven't totally failed, or is that just a Dad clutching at straws. He did think Chris was cool tho lol
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Quiff Boy wrote:We're hoping to do something similar for (to?) our mini quifflet, who is due later this month 8)
congrats and all the best! :notworthy: :D
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote:... although she loved the "backing track", thought Ben was "hot" and Chris was "cool", she thought that Andrew was "even worse than on the records" ...
i've heard more damning reviews from fans of the band! and 2 out of 3 ain't bad ... :lol:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Pista
Cureboi

I seem to recall you tweeting this recently.
Congrats to you both :notworthy: :notworthy:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
mh
Above the Chemist

Swinnow wrote:My two sons are now both big gig goers and have extremely catholic musical tastes ranging from Abba to Zappa as we used to say. However, there are two bands neither can abide, The Sisters and The Mish.... I blame the parents :lol:
So they're half-way towards having good taste then, eh? ;D
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Nikolas Vitus Lagartija
Overbomber

mh wrote:
So they're half-way towards having good taste then, eh? ;D
:lol: :notworthy:
Swinnow
Overbomber

mh wrote: So they're half-way towards having good taste then, eh? ;D
Oh come on kids, Von's voice isn't that bad nowadays, apart from when he sings... :innocent:
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

Great news QB
Goths have feelings too
radiojamaica
Overbomber

:notworthy: 8) :notworthy:
in dub we trust
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Ah, thanks everyone 8)
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

OMG!!! that is awesome news quiffy! :notworthy: huge congratulations to you both.

and hello andymackem good to see you around these parts again! :D
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity