Ever met Andrew Eldtrich?

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
zaltys7
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Being645 wrote:
Pista wrote:
zaltys7 wrote: What the f**k is that? and why the f**k is there no content warning so I don't click it?
Quite right.
I've added a warning now.
Thanks from here, too, Pista ... the content there is a typical example of how to abuse empathy and exercise emotional blackmail... :urff: ...

@GLOSSA
I'm quite glad that idiots like those you mention have no foothold in my environment,
so I'm not exactly pleased you bring them in here. But, hell. I just won't click on your links again,
since I'm absolutely not interested in these topics.
Amen to that, sister. :notworthy:
"We have too many cellphones. We've got too many internets. We have got to get rid of those machines. We have too many machines now." - Ray Bradbury.
twp
Amphetamine Filth

As a Northamptonshire lad I always had a soft spot for the Jazz Butcher Conspiracy. It'd be interesting to see what Pat Fish remembers of his encounters with AE.

http://jazzbutcher.com/htdb/albums/hamburg.html

the duet
http://jazzbutcher.com/htdb/articles1997/1884.html

and the meeting
http://jazzbutcher.com/albums/drainglass.html
Garbageman
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Yup. In Atlanta years ago when they played the Variety Playhouse. It was a very brief hello Andrew. He replied with hello. Magical.......The show was far more memorable.
Like pushing a marsmallow into a piggy bank
spiderlegs
Road Kill

Had VIP passes in Dallas in 2006. He was not impressed...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rY9hXXmii4

I didn't shoot this, only found it just now.
sultan2075
Overbomber

spiderlegs wrote:Had VIP passes in Dallas in 2006. He was not impressed...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rY9hXXmii4

I didn't shoot this, only found it just now.
Hey! I was at that show! I'm in DC now. I came down with a raging case of the flu after that show. In the immediate aftermath, I drank way too much at other Deep Ellum bars, which I can't recall the names of at the moment...

I've also played at the Gypsy, way back when - from my meager POV, it's a great place to play.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
itnAklipse
Slight Overbomber

My missus sat close to him once in public transportation in Germany but didn't think it necessary to bother him. She was a bit struck, too - ie. couldn't quite believe it.
we've got beer and we've got fuel
Jim
Slight Overbomber

He was loitering on the edge of the dancefloor (alone) after a Leeds gig many moons ago (wearing a massive orange roadworkers jacket if memory serves), strangely unbothered by the hordes of people who'd just watched him on stage for an hour.

I was halfway towards him, then checked myself and veered off. What the f*** would I have said?
"You do realize you're talking to a man with a human head in his hands who has every intention of using it to beat these people to death?"
theyoungbrain
Road Kill

I saw him standing by the stage barriers in the Blank Canvas in Leeds a few years ago and he was quite happily chatting with people who went over but I just stayed away. I had no idea what to say to him. So... I could have but didn't.
blood instead of rain...
Arrrgh!
Amphetamine Filth

I passed him walking through Dublin many years ago. He was in town for a gig. Like others, I didn't stop him because, well, why? I respect he has a stage persona and goes to a fair degree of effort to guard his privacy. That's fair enough.
Do I drive or am I driven?
NickB
Road Kill

Met him and Wayne after the gig in Bristol in 1985, both came out, chatted to the audience and were happy to sign postcards, single covers etc.
deirfiur
Amphetamine Filth

No
Somekindadion
Road Kill

Saw him at a bus stop with Patricia Morrison in Bath circa 86 . Looked great standing next to the lady with the blue rinse
Somekindadion
Road Kill

Saw him at a bus stop with Patricia Morrison in Bath circa 86 . Looked great standing next to the lady with the blue rinse
Swinnow
Overbomber

Does that count as two spots? :lol:
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
Somekindadion
Road Kill

Ho ho ho indeed. Suppose nowadays if he is spotted you get a freebie cos he has probably got a couple of lap top bags with him lol lol 🤣🤣
Swinnow
Overbomber

Well I know I'd help an older man struggling with his luggage whatever it might be. Though in our cases it would probably be Asda shopping bags in a car park.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....