Sisters spotting

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
Being645
Above the Chemist

Hey now, hey now, now
Sing This Corrosion to me!
Hey now, hey now, now
Sing This Corrosion to me!

... on repeat with the picture flickering in pitch black ...
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

AE?
Being645
Above the Chemist

Berlin Landscape With Jo, not :von: ... :lol: ...
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

Being645 wrote:Berlin Landscape With Jo, not :von: ... :lol: ...
(shhh.... it's our little secret. But I couldn't help but notice at the Bowie exhibit the striking resemblance)
Being645
Above the Chemist

EmmaPeelWannaBe wrote:
(shhh.... it's our little secret. But I couldn't help but notice at the Bowie exhibit the striking resemblance)
Always liked Bowie's paintings and his art collection. Lucky you, that you could actually see it... :D ...
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

Being645 wrote:
EmmaPeelWannaBe wrote:
Always liked Bowie's paintings and his art collection. Lucky you, that you could actually see it... :D ...
The Bowie Is exhibit was really excellent. Brooklyn was the last stop on the tour, but I suspect there will be another tour. Tickets are sold out weeks in advance.
Being645
Above the Chemist

EmmaPeelWannaBe wrote:
Being645 wrote:
EmmaPeelWannaBe wrote: (shhh.... it's our little secret. But I couldn't help but notice at the Bowie exhibit the striking resemblance)
The Bowie Is exhibit was really excellent. Brooklyn was the last stop on the tour, but I suspect there will be another tour. Tickets are sold out weeks in advance.
Oh well. I still hope they come to Germany one day, and not only to Berlin ... :wink: ... at least, Lazarus is currently performed in Dusseldorf. It also sold out fast on most days.
ROBBIE
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Maria Brink - In This Moment

https://twitter.com/MariaBrink/status/1 ... 9032758273

Off to see these in a couple of weeks :D
"Genevieve, I think you're lovely But Genevieve, it's time” TSOM 2020
Pista
Cureboi

Miki from Lush has been reminiscing on the twitters
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
czuczu
Overbomber

Miki is f**king brilliant on Twitter.

Actually, she's brilliant all round :)
Pista
Cureboi

Billy Corgan's on the radio playing some of his favourite records.
& after stating he was an OG Goth (whatever that it) this was first out of the box
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

So I had a couple of pints with Chris last night and to cut a boring story short, I now have a key to his house to help feed his cat while he's off on tour with Gh**t. (There's a rota being set up.) :lol:

No you can't come round. ;D
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

markfiend wrote:So I had a couple of pints with Chris last night and to cut a boring story short, I now have a key to his house to help feed his cat while he's off on tour with Gh**t. (There's a rota being set up.) :lol:

His cat looks awesome, love all his Rose instagram updates! :D
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

markfiend wrote:So I had a couple of pints with Chris last night and to cut a boring story short, I now have a key to his house to help feed his cat while he's off on tour with Gh**t. (There's a rota being set up.) :lol:

Maybe just a little peak at his 2019 planner? And perhaps his address book?
mh
Above the Chemist

EmmaPeelWannaBe wrote:

Maybe just a little peak at his 2019 planner? And perhaps his address book?
And the stash of tapes in his top drawer :wink: :innocent:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
m1ckey
Road Kill

From last weeks (17/10/2018) "Exorsisters" comic book.

https://imagecomics.com/comics/releases/exorsisters-1
Last edited by m1ckey on 24 Oct 2018, 17:19, edited 1 time in total.
Pista
Cureboi

Hello m1ckey & welcome to myheartland :)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
iesus
Overbomber

'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Alexey Fyodorovich
Road Kill

8) gets a mention in Johnny Marr's autobiography, a few excerpts of which are here:
The Smiths had been lined up to play a few shows opening for The Sisters of Mercy. I knew of their music and I thought they were good. They had an admirable attitude towards their audience...

The Sisters and their crew went out of their way to make sure we were looked after, and I would occasionally spend time before we went on with their singer, Andrew Eldritch, who was very cool. If you're decent to begin with you should be hospitable to a new band, especially when they're young.
Pista
Cureboi

Alexey Fyodorovich wrote:8) gets a mention in Johnny Marr's autobiography, a few excerpts of which are here:
The Smiths had been lined up to play a few shows opening for The Sisters of Mercy. I knew of their music and I thought they were good. They had an admirable attitude towards their audience...

The Sisters and their crew went out of their way to make sure we were looked after, and I would occasionally spend time before we went on with their singer, Andrew Eldritch, who was very cool. If you're decent to begin with you should be hospitable to a new band, especially when they're young.
Hello & welcome to the forum :)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Alexey Fyodorovich
Road Kill

Thank you. :) I've been lurking here for quite a while, thought I might finally register as a user.
Pista
Cureboi

Alexey Fyodorovich wrote:

Thank you. :) I've been lurking here for quite a while, thought I might finally register as a user.
The more the merrier :D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
circle
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Watched the pilot of Deadly Class yesterday, the soundtrack is full of music of the 80s, and of course, The Sisters are present, in the scene where they present the goth students (it will leave Von happy). Other musical acts that I recognised on the soundtrack were The Cure, Killing Joke, Echo and the Bunnymen and New Order.

The TV series is enjoyable. Here's the trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giDueoLzwwU
darkcircleroom4.blogspot.com
Pista
Cureboi

circle wrote:Watched the pilot of Deadly Class yesterday, the soundtrack is full of music of the 80s, and of course, The Sisters are present, in the scene where they present the goth students (it will leave Von happy). Other musical acts that I recognised on the soundtrack were The Cure, Killing Joke, Echo and the Bunnymen and New Order.

The TV series is enjoyable. Here's the trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giDueoLzwwU
Have just secured a "digital safety backup copy" :innocent: to watch tomorrow.
Thanks for the heads up
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
jost 7
Slight Overbomber

My kurzweil stage piano has a sound called " "more"-viola ", and it sounds more or less that way
love is just a shot away