Sisters 2019

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2019
dwarfland
Road Kill

Guess I shall be trying to make my way across the pond to the old country again, this year. Brussels and Berlin for sure, maybe Dresden, Munich, Stuttgart and/or Cologne as well.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

and the official site has finaly been updated. :von: :bat:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

I guess that official update pretty much nails it so far as this tour goes. Shame, it still comes from northern England, it just doesn't play there much. Double shame as I'll be 50 on the 10th so figured I'd endeavour to catch at least one show, but Dresden on the 10th is as fanciful as being afford to stay over a night in London, care assistant wages don't cover that s**t so that's that. Enjoy the shows folks, see you in 2021 for the XL tour.
czuczu
Overbomber

PLAY LIGHTS YOU c**t
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Brad wrote:Gaps filled...

http://www.thesistersofmercy.com/news/livenews.shtml

Down under!
Australia dates suggest there is still hope for anywhere in the world (especially New Zealand and Latin America I'd say). The could even squeeze in two South African dates between Utrecht and Melbourne if they would want to.
godgirl
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Charlie wrote:Really hope everyone has a great time and get's to catch up with old friends :D

I would love to go but i can't - no money, no one to go with, and even if that was not an issue, my massive anxiety problems stand in the way, who knows if i'll ever get to a gig :(

Anyway i'll be glued to the forum for lots of reviews, pics and videos from everyone!
50% of me loves going to gigs, 50% of me wants to kill everyone I don't know well who tries to talk to me at gigs. Most of the time they're interrupting another conversation, stopping me going to the loo or being creepy in some undefinable manner.

I can understand why it's sometimes easier to just stay at home! :(
"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised God doesn't work that way, so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness"
godgirl

splintered thing wrote:This dispersal of shows is making it quite tricky to plan a Euro jaunt from Melbs....
Turns out you don't need to go anywhere!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

(My best friend lives in Melbourne, had to share the good news with her. Sadly, she has to go without me. Poor duck!)
"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised God doesn't work that way, so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness"
Pista
Cureboi

Down under!
Is it just me or did that list just get considerably shorter?
at 14:00 CET today
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Yeah, probably some promoter who has complained so these are likely the 100 % confirmed ones as of now and the rest will reappear when promoters give green light for ticket sales.
mh
Above the Chemist

Looks like Australia and Brussels both dropped off, as well as a handful of others - Utrecht for example.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
ruffers
Overbomber

I guess this is why I could buy tickets for Paris and London but not Brussels and Stockholm so far.
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
Being645
Above the Chemist

Pista wrote:

Down under!
Is it just me or did that list just get considerably shorter?
at 14:00 CET today
... :eek: :eek: :eek: ... oh hell ... :lol: ... The Sisters are always good for another surprise ... :innocent: ...
euphoria wrote:Yeah, probably some promoter who has complained so these are likely the 100 % confirmed ones as of now and the rest will reappear when promoters give green light for ticket sales.
Fully agree. Perhaps some of them are getting bombarded with currenty unplanned for requests, already ... :wink: ...

... although, all the festivals are announcing them on their posters ...

Maybe, things look different tomorrow again.
lazarus corporation
Lord Protector

That July gig in Spain is new (since yesterday), isn't it?
Pista
Cureboi

lazarus corporation wrote:That July gig in Spain is new (since yesterday), isn't it?
It's new on their list, but not new news
https://www.myheartland.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=26976

Odd that the other festivals aren't on their list either
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Swinnow
Overbomber

This message contains a number of words. Two of which are PISSUP and BREWERY
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Not that's a surprise. Huge un. They never did something like this before (aren't they?).
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Ticket links are now added for the German dates. Relax people, Chris or whoever it is updating the page was a bit too quick, the promoters simply need a few days to organise ticket sales. I would be extremely surprised if not all previous dates are confirmed within a week or so.
iesus
Overbomber

Before update the gigs list was as follows:

2019 September 20 London United Kingdom The Roundhouse

2019 September 21 London United Kingdom The Roundhouse

2019 September 23 Brussels Belgium Ancienne Belgique

2019 September 24 Brussels Belgium Ancienne Belgique

2019 September 26 Copenhagen Denmark Amager Bio

2019 September 28 Oslo Norway Rockefeller Music Hall

2019 September 29 Stockholm Sweden Munchenbryggeriet

2019 October 01 Gothenburg Sweden Tradgarn

2019 October 02 Malmo Sweden Kulturbolaget (KB)

2019 October 04 Berlin Germany Columbiahalle

2019 October 06 Wroclaw Poland A2

2019 October 07 Krakow Poland Klub Studio

2019 October 10 Dresden Germany Alter Schlachthof

2019 October 11 Munich Germany Tonhalle

2019 October 13 Stuttgart Germany LKA Longhorn

2019 October 14 Cologne Germany E-Werk

2019 October 16 Luxembourg City Luxembourg Den Atelier

2019 October 17 Wiesbaden Germany Schlachthof

2019 October 19 Paris France Bataclan

2019 October 20 Utrecht Netherlands TivoliVredenburg

2019 October 30 Melbourne Australia Forum Theatre

2019 October 31 Sydney Australia Enmore Theatre

2019 November 02 Brisbane Australia The Tivoli

Also i bought my tickets for both London concerts ;D :notworthy:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Being645
Above the Chemist

euphoria wrote:Ticket links are now added for the German dates. Relax people, Chris or whoever it is updating the page was a bit too quick, the promoters simply need a few days to organise ticket sales. I would be extremely surprised if not all previous dates are confirmed within a week or so.
ah, good to know about the ticket links.

FKP Scorpio inform that their ticket sales for all German gigs start on 25 January 2019, 10.00am

while there is a presale along eventim starting two days earlier on 23 January 2019, 10.00am

So, this week ... ;D ...
Depprocksfarfar

The Hamburg date added now aswell!
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Being645 wrote: Fully agree. Perhaps some of them are getting bombarded with currenty unplanned for requests, already ... :wink: ...
Forgot to answer this, but yes that's precisely what I think - imagine for example Ancienne Belgique, normally selling out their first evening (2000 tickets) in a week or so when Sisters are announced - the question is, did they get 500 or maybe 1000 irritating calls per day after the announcement on the Sisters Live page, and were they then happy with the Sisters announcing it prematurely or not? :P :lol:
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

@Euphoria: If that's the case, then both promoters and band should be happy. But for the first time it's up-side-down situation - official site put information BEFORE we know it from this forum.
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Bartek wrote:@Euphoria: If that's the case, then both promoters and band should be happy. But for the first time it's up-side-down situation - official site put information BEFORE we know it from this forum.
In the case of Brussels, both band and promoter know they will sell very good, that's why there is a double date from the beginning.
Maybe the first time we see so *many* dates on the Live News page first, but otherwise it happens regularly that Live News page is the first source. Especially real surprises, like Las Vegas, Moscow and Istanbul in 2006 for example.

(regarding that possible space before Dresden, they play Munich 11th so no space left if keeping their touring rate)
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Of course, Brussel (AB) was always sold-out. Same with "risky" places, like mentioned by you. Nontheless, if HLers have found out about some gigs, then later it was confirmed on official site; our findings were 100% correct.

Anyhow, since i waved any possibility to see them, unless they will play in home town - Wroclaw, it's irrelevant to me; if they gonna play here - i' going to go, if not - have fun rest of folks.
Pista
Cureboi

Bartek wrote: Anyhow, since i waved any possibility to see them, unless they will play in home town - Wroclaw, it's irrelevant to me; if they gonna play here - i' going to go, if not - have fun rest of folks.
Looks like they are
https://kvlt.pl/newsy/the-sisters-of-me ... -w-polsce/
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity