Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
Paint My Name In Black and Gold: The Next Phase
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
MAndrews
Road Kill


Joined: 06 Oct 2015
Posts: 96
Location: Belgium

PostPost #51  Posted: Wed May 08, 2019 5:53 pm    Post subject: Paint My Name In Black and Gold: The Next Phase Reply with quote Back to top

mh wrote:
markfiend wrote:
mh wrote:
96% now! We are not worthy!

What might be a silly question: I assume with these things there's always a certain percentage of backers who pull out, for whatever reason. Are allowances for that percentage built into the funding goal? So in other words, if 10% pull out on average, is the funding goal boosted to allow for that 10%?
Not thinking of backing out are we? Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Nah, just wondering how much of a safety net we have if we do indeed only get to sub-100.


"We work a bit differently to other crowdfunding sites so when you make a pledge the money will come out of your account straightaway. We take payments via credit card or PayPal.

If a project is unsuccessful then it gets taken down from the site and the money you pledged gets returned to your Unbound account as credit. Should this happen to a book you've supported, we will of course send you an email letting you know what happens next. You can either use this credit to support another project, or get in touch to request a refund."

So I think, if it reaches 100%, a pledge is a pledge and there's no backing out. I think.

[/i]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MAndrews
Road Kill


Joined: 06 Oct 2015
Posts: 96
Location: Belgium

PostPost #52  Posted: Sat May 11, 2019 6:39 am    Post subject: Paint My Name In Black and Gold: The Next Phase Reply with quote Back to top

ALMOST - is a new 10% off promo code for "Paint My Name In Black and Gold". It's also a description of the level of crowdfunding - we are at 96%. The ALMOST code is valid Monday 13 May to Sunday 19 May. Please share far and wide and let's see if we can get this book over the line. Deep thanks to everyone who has pledged so far.
https://unbound.com/books/sistersofmercy/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mothra
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth


Joined: 16 May 2006
Posts: 531
Location: looking for the can in the candy store

PostPost #53  Posted: Sat May 11, 2019 8:15 am    Post subject: Re: Paint My Name In Black and Gold: The Next Phase Reply with quote Back to top

MAndrews wrote:
mh wrote:
markfiend wrote:
mh wrote:
96% now! We are not worthy!

What might be a silly question: I assume with these things there's always a certain percentage of backers who pull out, for whatever reason. Are allowances for that percentage built into the funding goal? So in other words, if 10% pull out on average, is the funding goal boosted to allow for that 10%?
Not thinking of backing out are we? Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Nah, just wondering how much of a safety net we have if we do indeed only get to sub-100.


"We work a bit differently to other crowdfunding sites so when you make a pledge the money will come out of your account straightaway. We take payments via credit card or PayPal.

If a project is unsuccessful then it gets taken down from the site and the money you pledged gets returned to your Unbound account as credit. Should this happen to a book you've supported, we will of course send you an email letting you know what happens next. You can either use this credit to support another project, or get in touch to request a refund."

So I think, if it reaches 100%, a pledge is a pledge and there's no backing out. I think.

[/i]


That was my understanding too. Once you've bought in, you're funds are committed unless the project stalls below 100%. But I wasn't sure how long a campaign stays open before it becomes clear that 100% is never going to be reached.

Does the book get printed in accordance with the amount of pledges, or do extra copies get made for bookshops/future sales? Presumably there are people out there who may want to read this (or any Unbound book) but don't necessarily want to buy until they can see the finished copy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MAndrews
Road Kill


Joined: 06 Oct 2015
Posts: 96
Location: Belgium

PostPost #54  Posted: Sat May 11, 2019 10:06 am    Post subject: Re: Paint My Name In Black and Gold: The Next Phase Reply with quote Back to top

Mothra wrote:
MAndrews wrote:
mh wrote:
markfiend wrote:
mh wrote:
96% now! We are not worthy!

What might be a silly question: I assume with these things there's always a certain percentage of backers who pull out, for whatever reason. Are allowances for that percentage built into the funding goal? So in other words, if 10% pull out on average, is the funding goal boosted to allow for that 10%?
Not thinking of backing out are we? Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Nah, just wondering how much of a safety net we have if we do indeed only get to sub-100.


"We work a bit differently to other crowdfunding sites so when you make a pledge the money will come out of your account straightaway. We take payments via credit card or PayPal.

If a project is unsuccessful then it gets taken down from the site and the money you pledged gets returned to your Unbound account as credit. Should this happen to a book you've supported, we will of course send you an email letting you know what happens next. You can either use this credit to support another project, or get in touch to request a refund."

So I think, if it reaches 100%, a pledge is a pledge and there's no backing out. I think.

[/i]


That was my understanding too. Once you've bought in, you're funds are committed unless the project stalls below 100%. But I wasn't sure how long a campaign stays open before it becomes clear that 100% is never going to be reached.

Does the book get printed in accordance with the amount of pledges, or do extra copies get made for bookshops/future sales? Presumably there are people out there who may want to read this (or any Unbound book) but don't necessarily want to buy until they can see the finished copy.


At 96%, this will stay open till it funds. Ultimately, Unbound will then print enough for Subscribers + also a trade run. How many copies is Unbound's business. Are Subscribers the only potential audience for the book - I think not. Those who have been sitting on their hands in the FB Groups might well reach for their credit cards at that point ... + all those who have no knowledge of the book up till now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mh
Underneath the Rock


Joined: 23 Jun 2003
Posts: 7323
Location: A civilized European city

PostPost #55  Posted: Sun May 12, 2019 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

100% - looks like we got us a convoy. Smile We are not worthy!
_________________
Trigonometry. It's a sin.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sam donut
Some Kind of Donut


Joined: 28 Jan 2002
Posts: 274
Location: manchester, europe

PostPost #56  Posted: Sun May 12, 2019 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow! That's cracking news! Mr. Green
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
czuczu
Slight Overbomber


Joined: 24 Oct 2005
Posts: 1682
Location: UK

PostPost #57  Posted: Sun May 12, 2019 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Congrats!

Now get to work Wink
_________________
@stuczu
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Being645
Above the Chemist


Joined: 09 Apr 2009
Posts: 11548
Location: ... where all the fevers grow ...

PostPost #58  Posted: Sun May 12, 2019 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wonderful ... Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green ... soo looking forward to it ... Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green ... and the following ones ...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MAndrews
Road Kill


Joined: 06 Oct 2015
Posts: 96
Location: Belgium

PostPost #59  Posted: Sun May 12, 2019 11:02 am    Post subject: Paint My Name In Black and Gold: The Next Phase Reply with quote Back to top

And now the games begin ...

Thank you to everyone in this Forum who pledged!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mothra
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth


Joined: 16 May 2006
Posts: 531
Location: looking for the can in the candy store

PostPost #60  Posted: Sun May 12, 2019 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Paint My Name In Black and Gold: The Next Phase Reply with quote Back to top

MAndrews wrote:
And now the games begin ...

Thank you to everyone in this Forum who pledged!


Congrats Mark. I'll admit my confidence wavered a bit when the project seemed to get stuck at 40% for ages, but so pleased for you. Looking forward to the book.

PS, you're up to 101% now!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mh
Underneath the Rock


Joined: 23 Jun 2003
Posts: 7323
Location: A civilized European city

PostPost #61  Posted: Sun May 12, 2019 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yup, it's an honour to have been part of the work to get this over the line; now it's time to look forward to the payoff.

As we used to say in the old days: We are not worthy! x 25000
_________________
Trigonometry. It's a sin.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pista
Cureboi


Joined: 25 Jun 2006
Posts: 12950
Location: Lost In A Forest

PostPost #62  Posted: Sun May 12, 2019 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yay!
We are not worthy! We are not worthy!
_________________
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days
TheCureCommunity
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Swinnow
Slight Overbomber


Joined: 15 Mar 2005
Posts: 1747
Location: Li-ver-pool, Li-ver-pool, la-la-la

PostPost #63  Posted: Sun May 12, 2019 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Congrats Mark, at least something went right today Smile
_________________
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Charlie
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth


Joined: 27 Mar 2017
Posts: 626
Location: Yorkshire

PostPost #64  Posted: Sun May 12, 2019 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yep, it's fantastic news, can't wait to read it!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
markfiend
goriller of form 3b


Joined: 11 Nov 2003
Posts: 19933
Location: st custards

PostPost #65  Posted: Mon May 13, 2019 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Great news. It will be interesting to do a comparison with La Huss's book...
_________________
it is my firm belief that it is a mistake to hold firm beliefs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
deirfiur
Amphetamine Filth


Joined: 17 Mar 2009
Posts: 150
Location: Omnipresent

PostPost #66  Posted: Tue May 21, 2019 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

When do you hope the book comes out ?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Zacharias
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth


Joined: 07 Sep 2016
Posts: 260
Location: Gothenburg

PostPost #67  Posted: Tue May 21, 2019 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

deirfiur wrote:
When do you hope the book comes out ?


Wasn't there talk about something along the lines of one year from 100% backing somewhere?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
deirfiur
Amphetamine Filth


Joined: 17 Mar 2009
Posts: 150
Location: Omnipresent

PostPost #68  Posted: Wed May 22, 2019 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
splintered thing
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth


Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 694
Location: Melbourne, Australia

PostPost #69  Posted: Fri May 24, 2019 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Brilliant news - can't wait.
Thank you for all your hard work. xxx
_________________
as the day is long,
rain from heaven
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
kafka
Amphetamine Filth


Joined: 21 Nov 2003
Posts: 118

PostPost #70  Posted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

p.s. @MAndrews check your inbox? Smile
_________________
[repeat x40]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

 


Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2001, 2002 phpBB Group  ·  Heartland supports phpBBHacks.com
Theme and Graphics by Quiff Boy, Tim Blackman and those nice people at ibplanet.com