Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
Paint My Name In Black and Gold: The Next Phase
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MAndrews
Road Kill

PostPost #51  Posted: Wed May 08, 2019 5:53 pm    Post subject: Paint My Name In Black and Gold: The Next Phase Reply with quote Back to top

mh wrote:
markfiend wrote:
mh wrote:
96% now! We are not worthy!

What might be a silly question: I assume with these things there's always a certain percentage of backers who pull out, for whatever reason. Are allowances for that percentage built into the funding goal? So in other words, if 10% pull out on average, is the funding goal boosted to allow for that 10%?
Not thinking of backing out are we? Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Nah, just wondering how much of a safety net we have if we do indeed only get to sub-100.

"We work a bit differently to other crowdfunding sites so when you make a pledge the money will come out of your account straightaway. We take payments via credit card or PayPal.

If a project is unsuccessful then it gets taken down from the site and the money you pledged gets returned to your Unbound account as credit. Should this happen to a book you've supported, we will of course send you an email letting you know what happens next. You can either use this credit to support another project, or get in touch to request a refund."

So I think, if it reaches 100%, a pledge is a pledge and there's no backing out. I think.

[/i]
MAndrews
Road Kill

PostPost #52  Posted: Sat May 11, 2019 6:39 am    Post subject: Paint My Name In Black and Gold: The Next Phase Reply with quote Back to top

ALMOST - is a new 10% off promo code for "Paint My Name In Black and Gold". It's also a description of the level of crowdfunding - we are at 96%. The ALMOST code is valid Monday 13 May to Sunday 19 May. Please share far and wide and let's see if we can get this book over the line. Deep thanks to everyone who has pledged so far.
https://unbound.com/books/sistersofmercy/
Mothra
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #53  Posted: Sat May 11, 2019 8:15 am    Post subject: Re: Paint My Name In Black and Gold: The Next Phase Reply with quote Back to top

MAndrews wrote:
mh wrote:
markfiend wrote:
mh wrote:

What might be a silly question: I assume with these things there's always a certain percentage of backers who pull out, for whatever reason. Are allowances for that percentage built into the funding goal? So in other words, if 10% pull out on average, is the funding goal boosted to allow for that 10%?

Nah, just wondering how much of a safety net we have if we do indeed only get to sub-100.

"We work a bit differently to other crowdfunding sites so when you make a pledge the money will come out of your account straightaway. We take payments via credit card or PayPal.

If a project is unsuccessful then it gets taken down from the site and the money you pledged gets returned to your Unbound account as credit. Should this happen to a book you've supported, we will of course send you an email letting you know what happens next. You can either use this credit to support another project, or get in touch to request a refund."

So I think, if it reaches 100%, a pledge is a pledge and there's no backing out. I think.

[/i]

That was my understanding too. Once you've bought in, you're funds are committed unless the project stalls below 100%. But I wasn't sure how long a campaign stays open before it becomes clear that 100% is never going to be reached.

Does the book get printed in accordance with the amount of pledges, or do extra copies get made for bookshops/future sales? Presumably there are people out there who may want to read this (or any Unbound book) but don't necessarily want to buy until they can see the finished copy.
MAndrews
Road Kill

PostPost #54  Posted: Sat May 11, 2019 10:06 am    Post subject: Re: Paint My Name In Black and Gold: The Next Phase Reply with quote Back to top

Mothra wrote:
MAndrews wrote:
mh wrote:
markfiend wrote:
mh wrote:

[/i]

That was my understanding too. Once you've bought in, you're funds are committed unless the project stalls below 100%. But I wasn't sure how long a campaign stays open before it becomes clear that 100% is never going to be reached.

Does the book get printed in accordance with the amount of pledges, or do extra copies get made for bookshops/future sales? Presumably there are people out there who may want to read this (or any Unbound book) but don't necessarily want to buy until they can see the finished copy.

At 96%, this will stay open till it funds. Ultimately, Unbound will then print enough for Subscribers + also a trade run. How many copies is Unbound's business. Are Subscribers the only potential audience for the book - I think not. Those who have been sitting on their hands in the FB Groups might well reach for their credit cards at that point ... + all those who have no knowledge of the book up till now.
mh
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #55  Posted: Sun May 12, 2019 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

100% - looks like we got us a convoy. Smile We are not worthy!
sam donut
Some Kind of Donut

PostPost #56  Posted: Sun May 12, 2019 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow! That's cracking news! Mr. Green
czuczu
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #57  Posted: Sun May 12, 2019 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Congrats!

Now get to work Wink
Being645
Above the Chemist

PostPost #58  Posted: Sun May 12, 2019 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wonderful ... Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green ... soo looking forward to it ... Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green ... and the following ones ...
MAndrews
Road Kill

PostPost #59  Posted: Sun May 12, 2019 11:02 am    Post subject: Paint My Name In Black and Gold: The Next Phase Reply with quote Back to top

And now the games begin ...

Thank you to everyone in this Forum who pledged!
Mothra

PostPost #60  Posted: Sun May 12, 2019 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Paint My Name In Black and Gold: The Next Phase Reply with quote Back to top

MAndrews wrote:
And now the games begin ...

Thank you to everyone in this Forum who pledged!

Congrats Mark. I'll admit my confidence wavered a bit when the project seemed to get stuck at 40% for ages, but so pleased for you. Looking forward to the book.

PS, you're up to 101% now!
mh
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #61  Posted: Sun May 12, 2019 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yup, it's an honour to have been part of the work to get this over the line; now it's time to look forward to the payoff.

As we used to say in the old days: We are not worthy! x 25000
Pista
Cureboi

PostPost #62  Posted: Sun May 12, 2019 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yay!
We are not worthy! We are not worthy!
TheCureCommunity
Swinnow
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #63  Posted: Sun May 12, 2019 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Congrats Mark, at least something went right today Smile
Charlie

PostPost #64  Posted: Sun May 12, 2019 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yep, it's fantastic news, can't wait to read it!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

PostPost #65  Posted: Mon May 13, 2019 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Great news. It will be interesting to do a comparison with La Huss's book...
deirfiur
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #66  Posted: Tue May 21, 2019 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

When do you hope the book comes out ?
Zacharias
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #67  Posted: Tue May 21, 2019 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

deirfiur wrote:
When do you hope the book comes out ?

Wasn't there talk about something along the lines of one year from 100% backing somewhere?
deirfiur
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #68  Posted: Wed May 22, 2019 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tks
splintered thing

PostPost #69  Posted: Fri May 24, 2019 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Brilliant news - can't wait.
Thank you for all your hard work. xxx
kafka
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #70  Posted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

p.s. @MAndrews check your inbox? Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: