Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
Plausible Deniability
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

PostPost #51  Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

it's hardly as though he's NEVER broken a promise is it?

"..made glorious summer...." anyone?
"live dvd" anyone?
come on people- it was never going to happen, it is never going to happen. thank fuck we have got what we have, because it could all have ended so many times...
"GONZOID AMPHETAMINE FILTH IS DEAD"
"LONG LIVE GONZOID AMPHETAMINE FILTH!" Our fearless leader!
EvilBastard
Overbomber

PostPost #52  Posted: Thu May 02, 2019 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

jenzi-benzi wrote:
does anybody think.
when you are there ring the doorbell and mr. Von is opening the door. would he shut the door in front of you when you start talking about SoM?

I think that would be a bit like going round to Stephen Hawkinge's house and wanting to talk about the universe. Surely it's possible to find some common ground that isn't the band?

"Hello, Mr...." [checks clipboard] "...Taylor, is it? Good morning, sir - my name is [insert your name here]...Now, I'm not here to sell you double-glazing, or to ask you to vote for a particular candidate in the upcoming by-elections. No, much more important than that. I am calling on you today to ask you a very simple, but very serious question. You see, I represent [shifty head-swivel to make sure none of the neighbours are earwigging] the Church. No, not that church - I'm talking about the One True Church: the Fundamentalist Unified Church Of Tea-preparation. And the question I must ask you is of utmost import - it is this: to dunk, or not to dunk? Do you have time for [whips packet out from under coat] a Bourbon Cream and a chat?"

I reckon you'd be in with this approach.
EvilBastard
Overbomber

PostPost #53  Posted: Thu May 02, 2019 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Almiche V wrote:
Without dance routines they'll never make it.

That's not a given...
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #54  Posted: Thu May 02, 2019 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

EvilBastard wrote:
jenzi-benzi wrote:
does anybody think.
when you are there ring the doorbell and mr. Von is opening the door. would he shut the door in front of you when you start talking about SoM?

I think that would be a bit like going round to Stephen Hawkinge's house and wanting to talk about the universe. Surely it's possible to find some common ground that isn't the band?

"Hello, Mr...." [checks clipboard] "...Taylor, is it? Good morning, sir - my name is [insert your name here]...Now, I'm not here to sell you double-glazing, or to ask you to vote for a particular candidate in the upcoming by-elections. No, much more important than that. I am calling on you today to ask you a very simple, but very serious question. You see, I represent [shifty head-swivel to make sure none of the neighbours are earwigging] the Church. No, not that church - I'm talking about the One True Church: the Fundamentalist Unified Church Of Tea-preparation. And the question I must ask you is of utmost import - it is this: to dunk, or not to dunk? Do you have time for [whips packet out from under coat] a Bourbon Cream and a chat?"

I reckon you'd be in with this approach.

One assumes he'd gladly take such a representative inside (presumably after providing an alibi)

Would his tea service be a child's tea set?
EvilBastard
Overbomber

PostPost #55  Posted: Thu May 02, 2019 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

EmmaPeelWannaBe wrote:

Naah, I reckon it would be a couple of mismatched mugs from the Habitat outlet, and milk straight out of the bottle. He'd have to chivvy a couple of cats off the sofa to let you sit down - and I'll lay you a tenner that he's a Dunker.
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #56  Posted: Thu May 02, 2019 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

EvilBastard wrote:
EmmaPeelWannaBe wrote:

Naah, I reckon it would be a couple of mismatched mugs from the Habitat outlet, and milk straight out of the bottle. He'd have to chivvy a couple of cats off the sofa to let you sit down - and I'll lay you a tenner that he's a Dunker.

but never a Nice dunker
EvilBastard
Overbomber

PostPost #57  Posted: Thu May 02, 2019 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

EmmaPeelWannaBe wrote:
EvilBastard wrote:
I'll lay you a tenner that he's a Dunker.

but never a Nice dunker

NEVER! Twisted Evil
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #58  Posted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Even kind guy Ben jumps on the sarcasm bandwagon Mr. Green

Quote:

For a split second I thought you were telling us a new Sisters record was coming out 😂😉

ben_christo_guitar@aaatolksdorf - is it 1993?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzQc7NJHVsK/
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #59  Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, after 14 years it's hard not to realise some FACT! (C)* (TM)*.

*James Blast
hellboy69
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #60  Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

euphoria wrote:

Quote:

For a split second I thought you were telling us a new Sisters record was coming out 😂😉

And again:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0yro8znxd3/?igshid=1m8hcneobd8fa
DomConway
Filth

PostPost #61  Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

hellboy69 wrote:
euphoria wrote:

Quote:

And again:

Interesting... Probably no point in holding our breath but I suspect we all will.
sam donut
Some Kind of Donut

PostPost #62  Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm holding mine. Will somebody slap me when I start to turn blue?
EvilBastard
Overbomber

PostPost #63  Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thrash Harry wrote:
I would have said the address on the Reptile House lyric sheet was in Burley, rather than Kirkstall....It does have a very fine Muslim mosque.

My favourite kind of mosque - them Seventh Day Adventist mosques are effing terrible.
DomConway
Filth

PostPost #64  Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

sam donut wrote:
I'm holding mine. Will somebody slap me when I start to turn blue?

As long as you return the favour
sultan2075
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #65  Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

hellboy69 wrote:
euphoria wrote:

Quote:

And again:

Now that’s just cruel.
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #66  Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

To who, towards what?
sultan2075
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #67  Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Bartek wrote:
To who, towards what?

Those who still have hope for a new record It wasn't me...
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #68  Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Those last dinosaurs seeking for air, sun and water? Wink
Being645
Above the Chemist

PostPost #69  Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

PostPost #70  Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sad to say, but with the departure of Chris, my hopes for any new Sisters material went from slim to none.
czuczu
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #71  Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

markfiend wrote:
Sad to say, but with the departure of Chris, my hopes for any new Sisters material went from slim to none.

Yep, I'd be surprised if they can be bothered to unearth any more of the back catalogue either..
DomConway
Filth

PostPost #72  Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thinking about the facts - do we know any other bands Ben plays with and grew up listening to, other than The Sisters?
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #73  Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm, also, afraid that it very unlikely that we hear any new-new song(s) played live.

TV dinner, anyone?
Husek
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #74  Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DomConway wrote:
Thinking about the facts - do we know any other bands Ben plays with and grew up listening to, other than The Sisters?

KMFDM/PIG?

There's also Shot Through The Heart which is not a band per-se nor plays original songs, but he's surelly playing a lot of songs from bands that he grew up listening to whenever he plays there Laughing
Software: 70%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
majorsixth
Road Kill

PostPost #75  Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DomConway wrote:

I think Nathan Gray is recording
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: