Plausible Deniability

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

it's hardly as though he's NEVER broken a promise is it?

"..made glorious summer...." anyone?
"live dvd" anyone?
come on people- it was never going to happen, it is never going to happen. thank fuck we have got what we have, because it could all have ended so many times...
"GONZOID AMPHETAMINE FILTH IS DEAD"
"LONG LIVE GONZOID AMPHETAMINE FILTH!" :von:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
EvilBastard
Overbomber

jenzi-benzi wrote:does anybody think.
when you are there ring the doorbell and mr. Von is opening the door. would he shut the door in front of you when you start talking about SoM?
I think that would be a bit like going round to Stephen Hawkinge's house and wanting to talk about the universe. Surely it's possible to find some common ground that isn't the band?

"Hello, Mr...." [checks clipboard] "...Taylor, is it? Good morning, sir - my name is [insert your name here]...Now, I'm not here to sell you double-glazing, or to ask you to vote for a particular candidate in the upcoming by-elections. No, much more important than that. I am calling on you today to ask you a very simple, but very serious question. You see, I represent [shifty head-swivel to make sure none of the neighbours are earwigging] the Church. No, not that church - I'm talking about the One True Church: the Fundamentalist Unified Church Of Tea-preparation. And the question I must ask you is of utmost import - it is this: to dunk, or not to dunk? Do you have time for [whips packet out from under coat] a Bourbon Cream and a chat?"

I reckon you'd be in with this approach.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Almiche V wrote:Without dance routines they'll never make it. Image
That's not a given...
Hank Moody
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

EvilBastard wrote:
jenzi-benzi wrote:does anybody think.
when you are there ring the doorbell and mr. Von is opening the door. would he shut the door in front of you when you start talking about SoM?
I think that would be a bit like going round to Stephen Hawkinge's house and wanting to talk about the universe. Surely it's possible to find some common ground that isn't the band?

"Hello, Mr...." [checks clipboard] "...Taylor, is it? Good morning, sir - my name is [insert your name here]...Now, I'm not here to sell you double-glazing, or to ask you to vote for a particular candidate in the upcoming by-elections. No, much more important than that. I am calling on you today to ask you a very simple, but very serious question. You see, I represent [shifty head-swivel to make sure none of the neighbours are earwigging] the Church. No, not that church - I'm talking about the One True Church: the Fundamentalist Unified Church Of Tea-preparation. And the question I must ask you is of utmost import - it is this: to dunk, or not to dunk? Do you have time for [whips packet out from under coat] a Bourbon Cream and a chat?"

I reckon you'd be in with this approach.
One assumes he'd gladly take such a representative inside (presumably after providing an alibi)

Would his tea service be a child's tea set?
EvilBastard
Overbomber

EmmaPeelWannaBe wrote:Would his tea service be a child's tea set?
Naah, I reckon it would be a couple of mismatched mugs from the Habitat outlet, and milk straight out of the bottle. He'd have to chivvy a couple of cats off the sofa to let you sit down - and I'll lay you a tenner that he's a Dunker.
Hank Moody
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

EvilBastard wrote:
EmmaPeelWannaBe wrote:Would his tea service be a child's tea set?
Naah, I reckon it would be a couple of mismatched mugs from the Habitat outlet, and milk straight out of the bottle. He'd have to chivvy a couple of cats off the sofa to let you sit down - and I'll lay you a tenner that he's a Dunker.
but never a Nice dunker
EvilBastard
Overbomber

EmmaPeelWannaBe wrote:
EvilBastard wrote:I'll lay you a tenner that he's a Dunker.
but never a Nice dunker
NEVER! :twisted:
Hank Moody
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Even kind guy Ben jumps on the sarcasm bandwagon ;D
For a split second I thought you were telling us a new Sisters record was coming out 😂😉

ben_christo_guitar@aaatolksdorf - is it 1993?
https://www.instagram.com/p/BzQc7NJHVsK/
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Well, after 14 years it's hard not to realise some FACT! (C)* (TM)*.

*James Blast
hellboy69
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

euphoria wrote:Even kind guy Ben jumps on the sarcasm bandwagon ;D
For a split second I thought you were telling us a new Sisters record was coming out 😂😉

And again:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0yro8znxd3 ... hcneobd8fa
DomConway
Filth

hellboy69 wrote:

And again:

Interesting... Probably no point in holding our breath but I suspect we all will.
the only thing to fear is fear itself
sam donut
Some Kind of Donut

I'm holding mine. Will somebody slap me when I start to turn blue?
🎵 Good times come to me now 🎶
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Thrash Harry wrote:I would have said the address on the Reptile House lyric sheet was in Burley, rather than Kirkstall....It does have a very fine Muslim mosque.
My favourite kind of mosque - them Seventh Day Adventist mosques are effing terrible.
Hank Moody
DomConway
Filth

sam donut wrote:I'm holding mine. Will somebody slap me when I start to turn blue?
As long as you return the favour
sultan2075
Overbomber

hellboy69 wrote:

And again:

Now that’s just cruel.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
sultan2075
Overbomber

Bartek wrote:To who, towards what?
Those who still have hope for a new record :innocent:
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Those last dinosaurs seeking for air, sun and water? :wink:
Being645
Above the Chemist

:roll: :roll: :roll:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Sad to say, but with the departure of Chris, my hopes for any new Sisters material went from slim to none.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
czuczu
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:Sad to say, but with the departure of Chris, my hopes for any new Sisters material went from slim to none.
Yep, I'd be surprised if they can be bothered to unearth any more of the back catalogue either..
DomConway
Filth

Thinking about the facts - do we know any other bands Ben plays with and grew up listening to, other than The Sisters?
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

I'm, also, afraid that it very unlikely that we hear any new-new song(s) played live.

TV dinner, anyone?
Husek
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

DomConway wrote:Thinking about the facts - do we know any other bands Ben plays with and grew up listening to, other than The Sisters?
KMFDM/PIG?

There's also Shot Through The Heart which is not a band per-se nor plays original songs, but he's surelly playing a lot of songs from bands that he grew up listening to whenever he plays there :lol:
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
majorsixth
Road Kill

DomConway wrote:Thinking about the facts - do we know any other bands Ben plays with and grew up listening to, other than The Sisters?
I think Nathan Gray is recording