The Great Heartland Biscuit Thread™

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

A sprained foot & trapped at home with NO biscuits. At this point I’d be happy for the odd nice biscuit or even a custard cream!
Swinnow
Overbomber

Hope you're up and about soon EPWB my friend.

The bourbon dunking worked so that trick will be repeated for the Mighty Reds in the European Cup.final next Saturday night.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

Swinnow wrote:Hope you're up and about soon EPWB my friend.

The bourbon dunking worked so that trick will be repeated for the Mighty Reds in the European Cup.final next Saturday night.
Ugh broken not sprained. So the biscuit drought continues. But at least I’ll be in fine fettle by the Roundhouse. If only the’d play Leeds.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

you dunked biscuits in bourbon?

oh no, emma. someone start a biscuit rescue party!
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
SmileySister
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Good luck for the surgery tomorrow Vic. Hope they bring you lots of tea and biscuits to help you have a swift recovery xx
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

It's National Biscuit Day
Pista
Cureboi

emilystrange wrote:It's National Biscuit Day
So it is. I even got a calendar reminder :lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Swinnow
Overbomber

Fingers crossed EPWB. Hugs from the northern wastes x
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
EvilBastard
Overbomber

At least, it would be if we could agree on what the National Biscuit should be. Alas, this question has been criminally-overlooked over the past couple of years as this country has wrestled with far less important issues, such as what Brexit actually means.

We at FUCT have been saying for a long time that if only we as a nation could come together over tea and a National Biscuit then the referendum might have had a very different outcome, but instead our political leaders have been too focused on pitting the Nice crowd against the Lincolns, the Jammy Dodger brigade against the fans of Custard Creams, exacerbating the Rich Tea/Digestive divide, and seeking to paint lovers of the One True Biscuit (the Bourbon, naturally) as miscreants and ne'er-do-wells.

Alas, it appears that in these dark days of "adequate food supplies" the National Biscuit will be exactly that - a single biscuit that the rich and well-heeled will take the lion's share of, while the rest of us have to content ourselves with crumbs.

Wither the sunlit uplands where people of all ages, creeds, gender identities, national origins and sexual orientations can sit together on a vast picnic rug, all enjoying a cuppa and the National Biscuit? Surely this is a cause worth fighting for?
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
Pista
Cureboi

EvilBastard wrote:
At least, it would be if we could agree on what the National Biscuit should be. Alas, this question has been criminally-overlooked over the past couple of years as this country has wrestled with far less important issues, such as what Brexit actually means.

We at FUCT have been saying for a long time that if only we as a nation could come together over tea and a National Biscuit then the referendum might have had a very different outcome, but instead our political leaders have been too focused on pitting the Nice crowd against the Lincolns, the Jammy Dodger brigade against the fans of Custard Creams, exacerbating the Rich Tea/Digestive divide, and seeking to paint lovers of the One True Biscuit (the Bourbon, naturally) as miscreants and ne'er-do-wells.

Alas, it appears that in these dark days of "adequate food supplies" the National Biscuit will be exactly that - a single biscuit that the rich and well-heeled will take the lion's share of, while the rest of us have to content ourselves with crumbs.

Wither the sunlit uplands where people of all ages, creeds, gender identities, national origins and sexual orientations can sit together on a vast picnic rug, all enjoying a cuppa and the National Biscuit? Surely this is a cause worth fighting for?
Stop Brexcuit!
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

EvilBastard wrote:and seeking to paint lovers of the One True Biscuit (the Bourbon, naturally) as miscreants
I see no denials
EvilBastard
Overbomber

emilystrange wrote:
EvilBastard wrote:and seeking to paint lovers of the One True Biscuit (the Bourbon, naturally) as miscreants
I see no denials
Y'know, as tolerant and indulgent of the opinions of others as FUCT is, and as painful as it is for me to admit it, there are militant, dare I say extreme, factions within the Church that are less resistant to the current wave of populism than others. There are those who believe that the best way to solve a problem is a boot in the door at tea-time and cattle-trucks to ship the church's perceived enemies to Biscuit Re-Education & eXample-setting Institutions for Training (BREXITs) - these are fearsome places, where the merest indication that an inmate is reaching for a Lincoln results in electro-shock therapy and enforced consumption of Keurig-pod tea. The more tolerant wing of the church abhors such behaviour, but if you people resist our impassioned pleas to embrace the One True Biscuit and insist on consuming The Devil's Trinity (Custard Creams, Nice, and Jammy Dodgers) than I fear that the more reasonable voices will be drowned out by those of the baying mob.

You have it within your power to resist BREXITs - should you find yourself on the receiving end of tea made with sub-boiling water mixed with powdered milk then I'm afraid you only have yourselves to blame.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

NEVER! Nice biscuits rule! I don't like the others though...
Am not a huge tea drinker either. Unless I'm in a proper caff.
Pista
Cureboi

Just been dunking Farley's rusks (yes, they are biscuits :P ) into chocolate brownie ice cream.
Oh my giddy aunt.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

i have farley's for breakfast at school. they're perfect for carrying about and nibbling whilst i'm working. make loads of crumbs though
Pista
Cureboi

emilystrange wrote: make loads of crumbs though
Haha. Yeah, they do don't they?
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

it's what my school laptop is made of :D
Pista
Cureboi

:lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Pista
Cureboi

Oh hell no!
:urff:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

Pista wrote:Oh hell no!
Oreos are disgusting anyway. </flamebait>
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Pista
Cureboi

markfiend wrote:
Pista wrote:Oh hell no!
Oreos are disgusting anyway. </flamebait>
:lol: :P
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

oh gosh yes, they are
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

Forget Brexit, nothing like another Great British biscuit debate to get the nation going!
Pista
Cureboi

Charlie wrote:Forget Brexit, nothing like another Great British biscuit debate to get the nation going!

:lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

Charlie wrote:Forget Brexit, nothing like another Great British biscuit debate to get the nation going!
And more importantly, can fig rolls be dunked?