Central London Road Closures 22nd September!

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2019
godgirl
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Just a heads up for anyone planning on either travelling from London to Brussels on Sunday or intending to spend time in London sightseeing or whatever after the Roundhouse gigs.

Of all the possible days and let's not even get into the reasons, the Mayor has kindly allocated the 22nd for a car free City of London event so a whole section of the Square Mile will be closed to most traffic, surrounding central London areas will be severely affected by diversions and thus if planning on taking a taxi or bus especially to St Pancras from anywhere south or east of it may involve extra time and severe delays so do try to plan accordingly.

https://tfl.gov.uk/status-updates/major ... e-day-2019

Yes, I already complained personally to the Mayor's Office of this untimely event but poor Marge's priority wasn't considered as important as the desire to look as if climate change is being taken seriously (by closing roads in a part of London least busy on a Sunday but f**king up travel for anyone cross river as conveniently, apart from Tower and London Bridge being closed for this "event", Westminster Bridge is also mostly closed for roadworks!!)

Did I mention that much to my ire, one of the two direct bus routes from my flat to St Pancras was also stopped as considered superfluous?

Yours, grumpily,

Marge xxx
"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised God doesn't work that way, so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness"
godgirl

And indeed, when I'm irate, my sentences become long and unwieldy, it's a special talent!

Marge xxx
"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised God doesn't work that way, so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness"
ROBBIE

Not good and thanks for the heads up. Fingers crossed the Eurostar is not delayed by signalling works as well. 👿
"Genevieve, I think you're lovely But Genevieve, it's time” TSOM 2020
SmileySister
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Thanks for the info Marge. Lots of planes and trains to catch between us all x