2019-09-16, Antwerpen, Belgium. Near Meth Experience

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2019
Brad
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Sweet Jesus. 20 years late but arrived just the same!
sultan2075
Overbomber

Phantasmagoria wrote:
:notworthy:

Beautiful - didn't expect it to be an instrumental. But, just beautiful. Reminds me, in parts, of '70s Italian horror soundtrack maestros Goblin.

I'm guessing from Andrew's intro, which I couldn’t quite make out but there was something about words, that it will have vocals eventually...
“We’re still arguing about the words for this one... so this is what you get.�
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Cedarjet
Amphetamine Filth

Catchy tunes... Better Reptile is the best one imho Thanks for the uploads!!! :notworthy:
Trying is the first step towards failure
(Homer Simpson)
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Without my typical a-positive attutude, I must admit that all new songs sound good. Plus, this, closest to album version of I was wrong is also great, reminds me why i like this one the most.

Plus, AE sings and his voice is audiable, as for TSOM standards.

I'm looking forward to see them in 3 weeks in mein Stadt.
TheBoyNextDoor
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I like this. It makes me smile. The tunes sounds very retro 80/90s., everybody likes that.

Thanks to Dylan there's still hope. :)
abraxas
Road Kill

Hopefully this is the start of something special
Still one of the pesky kids
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

hellboy69 wrote:
czuczu wrote:Cam I ask a practical question at this point, do any of the titles have vocals or is it all instrumental?
Show Me & Better Reptile have vocals.

https://www.facebook.com/marc.antheunis ... 07?sfns=mo

https://www.facebook.com/marc.antheunis ... 919917530/

No video of Kickline.... yet. Thanks again to the taper/s! :notworthy: :notworthy:
The first thing that struck me when looking at Show Me is how much the guitarist resembles the guitarist of French retrosynth band Carpenter Brut...

https://flic.kr/p/28jm2hd

Now, seeing that Carpenter Brut is very well known for mimicking that 90s era cock-rock the Sisters used to play, I guess it is more the other way around! ;D

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
abridged
Slight Overbomber

This can't be Heartland. We all sound happy! 😉 Great stuff. New material sounds fab. Looking forward to that there London at the weekend! :von:
The Chancer Corporation
Izzy HaveMercy

Been listening to this for a couple of hours now, and I have to admit I was pretty pleased with three new songs on the playlist....

... but I'm going to have to do a Ja~mes (TM) here. :/

"Better Reptile" should be called "Worse Summer", apart from the catchy lyric, its just a hollowed out version of "Summer", even sounds a bit like "Dr. Jeep".

"Kickline" shows the most potential, but it is still just a good riff idea, not a complete and full song, something other bands will never come out of the rehearsal room with, only to show to their friends and grandma maybe. Finish the songs, make them complete, then blow us away, Sisters.

I feel you can!

IZ.
Izzy HaveMercy

abridged wrote:This can't be Heartland. We all sound happy! 😉
So there, with my previous post, I fixed that for you... :lol: :twisted:

IZ.
Pista
Cureboi

Wow.
I really like all 3. I hope they stop arguing about the words for Kickline because I think it will be a firm fave for a lot of people when it gets some.
Thanks so much for al the filmers & for posting the clips. :notworthy: :notworthy:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
stefan moermans
Slight Overbomber

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:

IZ.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :bat: :bat: :bat: :bat: :bat:
MUSICA È
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:

IZ.
:lol: I walked on in to that!
The Chancer Corporation
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

So, this is feeling that I got with both "new instrumental" instrumantal, even though, Worse Summer is still something good, probalby bacaus it's something new.
czuczu
Overbomber

Just had my first listen, baby steps but they're not fully blossomed songs yet. Wonder how Chris feels about this sudden activity :/

More excited about next Saturday now :)
majorsixth
Road Kill

Love Show Me in particular. On 1st impression the lyrical style feels as though it's become even more direct and less ambiguous since the last new songs.

Thanks to everyone who shared videos!
mandrake
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

New songs, amazing and shocking. Music is great,too bad about his master's voice. But nothing they can't fix in the studio ;)
mh
Above the Chemist

the voice is fine.

Obviously a crappy phone camera isn't going to catch the full experience, but even from that it's obviously substantially clearer and more upfront than it has been for a long time. Just hoping that Von and the band can sustain that momentum now, but I certainly do wish them the best with the direction they're currently going in.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

OH. MY. GOD!!!!!!!!

So tired last night, went to bed without hearing the new songs.
Dreamt about The Sisters all last night and then wake up to these videos....

I bloomin' love them, this is amazing, more than i could have hoped for, i've not been this excited for a loooooong time, i actually feel quite emotional about all this!! :D

I love The Sisters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :notworthy: :D :notworthy: :D :notworthy: :D :notworthy: :D :notworthy: :D :notworthy: :D :notworthy: :D :notworthy: :D :notworthy: :D :notworthy: :D :notworthy:
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

czuczu wrote:Wonder how Chris feels about this sudden activity :/
So do I
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Indeed, and it's, yet, another field of speculations.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

markfiend wrote:
czuczu wrote:Wonder how Chris feels about this sudden activity :/
So do I
Well I guess one of us could always ask him :wink: I'm sure you'll bump into him again before I do. I'd imagine he wouldn't have been overfussed whilst he was touring Europe supporting Metallica, but yep no point in idle speculation, next one to see him asks him.
Izzy HaveMercy

dinky daisy
Slight Overbomber

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:Been listening to this for a couple of hours now, and I have to admit I was pretty pleased with three new songs on the playlist....

... but I'm going to have to do a Ja~mes (TM) here. :/

"Better Reptile" should be called "Worse Summer", apart from the catchy lyric, its just a hollowed out version of "Summer", even sounds a bit like "Dr. Jeep".

"Kickline" shows the most potential, but it is still just a good riff idea, not a complete and full song, something other bands will never come out of the rehearsal room with, only to show to their friends and grandma maybe. Finish the songs, make them complete, then blow us away, Sisters.

I feel you can!

IZ.
Period.

Wasn't Simon Gallup the one who said that The Cure became the best Cure tribute band yet?

To me, these 'Trix' recordings could belong to a mediocre northern European goth rock combo that mentions the sisters in the bio. It's no industrial groove machine (anymore), it's a drum pattern and some humming along with a (hair) metal sound at best.

I saw the Sisters many times and have beautiful memories (Rock Zottegem, Lokeren, 013, Melkweg etc), but these demo songs belong to a grim reaper in a suburban vape store.

But no longer in 2019, but in 1999, DOS-style. That website funk style becomes more and more annoying to me.
guns & cars & accidents
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

dinky daisy wrote:Wasn't Simon Gallup the one who said that The Cure became the best Cure tribute band yet?
IMO The Sisters aren't even the best Sisters tribute band these days...
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell