Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
Band / live photo?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheGoodSon
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #1  Posted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:12 pm    Post subject: Band / live photo? Reply with quote Back to top

I need your help!

I interviewed The Sisters (Ben, Dylan, Dave) when they played in Malmö last week. The interview will be printed in a south Swedish morning paper this Thursday.
I asked Ben for press photos or some such, and he told me they had actually taken group photos just recently, and he would e-mail me some.
But now deadline is rapidly approaching, I haven’t recieved the pics, and so I need to get pictures elsewhere. I don’t want some old VT-era photo illustrating a new interview, I want a photo of the band today.
So, do any of you have a really good live pic of (preferably all of) the band, one that you would be okay with me using in the paper? You will of course get photo credit.
Thanks!
Being645
Above the Chemist

PostPost #2  Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe they were just too busy touring.... Smile ... Now there is a three-day break ... Very Happy ...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that the official photos arrive in time ... because I want to see them too, of course ... Twisted Evil Laughing ...
Todashi
Road Kill

PostPost #3  Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ben is pretty good at replying on Facebook - I'd contact him there.
TheGoodSon
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #4  Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks!
Ben and I are communicating, I just don’t want to pester him about it when he’s got so much on his mind. Deadline is today, but I’ll work something out. 😊
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #5  Posted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This sounds exciting, great initiative J. We are not worthy!
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #6  Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Almost speechless, thank you Johan Surprised

http://www.ystadsallehanda.se/article/nya-tider-for-legendariskt-rockband/

(haven't checked if it's in more papers?)

Never mind picture/s, I need some time to digest what they are saying in this interview Exclamation
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #7  Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It is indeed, interesting to read. Yet, taking the past, I am far, far away from thinking about contemplating to hold my breath.

He's got the whole world in his hands.

But it's true that AE seems to enjoy this tour very much, and it's clear to see that he likes to play and go onstage, it's not only a daily job, not this time. We are not worthy!

Last edited by Bartek on Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Pista
Cureboi

PostPost #8  Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nice piece We are not worthy!

& a lot more promising in terms of new output in the pipeline.

Even if there isn't, with 10 new songs written, there's lots of scope for more live surprises perhaps.
TheCureCommunity
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #9  Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pista wrote:

& a lot more promising in terms of new output in the pipeline.

Even if there isn't, with 10 new songs written,

This ^^
We don't need to wonder if they are productive now - they ARE productive now. If there will be releases or not, who knows, but Andrew is awake again after decades of hibernation.
I know we have all gone cynical and sceptical over the years and have heard many empty words of "always writing, recording, maybe releasing, some day, blah blah" but now it does feel like 97/98 again.
Depprocksfarfar
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #10  Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Without competition the best Sisters-interview ive read in YEARS! 😁
Todashi
Road Kill

PostPost #11  Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow. I put that interview through Google Translate and can only agree with others - haven't read something that optimistic in a long time. If ever, in fact.
czuczu
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #12  Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

"the nearly two-foot-tall Australian" Laughing
Pista
Cureboi

PostPost #13  Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

czuczu wrote:

Yeah, that got me too Laughing
TheCureCommunity
Charlie
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #14  Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow! So awesome to hear such positive things coming from the band!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

And this:

"I honestly think that Andrew likes this version of the band better than he did in any one before, says Ben. Or it's just about getting older, and looking at things differently. Whatever the reason, he wants things again that he has not wanted for a long time."

Whether there is an album or not the main thing is, whatever the reason, Andrew seems to be much happier, much more creative and engaged and that is wonderful to hear and that makes me happy that he's found that!

Our fearless leader! Very Happy We are not worthy!
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #15  Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pista wrote:
czuczu wrote:

Yeah, that got me too Laughing

I thought that only to me google translate did this.
Laughing
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #16  Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

scratching = rehearsing, hard one to figure out unless you know Swedish Wink
Planet Dave
Overbomber

PostPost #17  Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Fantastic work Sir We are not worthy!

Two foot tall? Google-translate musta been looking at him through it's side mirror, whilst off its face on LSD (if you don't get that, you need to watch and listen to more Bill Hicks).
Being645
Above the Chemist

PostPost #18  Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

A very positive interview ... as it looks, we can expect more exciting songs and gigs in the future. Such a lot of optimism ... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy ...

Thank you TheGoodSon ... Mr. Green ... We are not worthy! ...
czuczu
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #19  Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Actual size
Pista
Cureboi

PostPost #20  Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Laughing
TheCureCommunity
Swinnow
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #21  Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Actual hair too Wink
ruffers
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #22  Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Lovely.
TheGoodSon
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #23  Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you for all the kind words regarding the interview. Smile

I myself was a bit amazed by the positive things they were saying, and the casualness with which they said it. Daves more or less exact quote (I recorded the conversation on my phone) about recording new material, was "For us, writing and working on these new songs, for them to only be performed live... I mean, at some point they´ve got to be recorded, otherwise why are we doing it? It´s the next logical step."

Oh, and I also find out they do record demos of the new songs. Ben said that that hasn´t been the case before, at least not during his time in the band, but now they do.
TheGoodSon
Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #24  Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

They told me a wonderful story about presenting some of the new songs to Von.
They had a few instrumental demos that he hadn´t heard, so they brought him to the rehersal room to play them for him. They wanted the atmosphere to resemble a gig as much as possible, so they dimmed the lights, cranked up the volume, and played him the demos. He didn´t say much between the songs, so they didn´t know what he thought of them.
After the last song, he told them: "You´ve captured the sensibilities of the first album, and combined them with the power of the third album." He was very pleased, and so were they. Smile
Pista
Cureboi

PostPost #25  Posted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

TheGoodSon wrote:

After the last song, he told them: "You´ve captured the sensibilities of the first album, and combined them with the power of the third album." He was very pleased, and so were they. Smile

TheCureCommunity
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Heartland Forum Index -> Sisters Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
 Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: