The all new 'Who's Going Where and When' thread

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

markfiend wrote:I like the way that they put little subtitles under the band logos in case you can't read them :lol:
In the vein of Goregrind festivals... only Midnight is readable enough (and f**king AWESOME! :notworthy:)

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

Reminds me of this... find the bastard band :lol:

IZ.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

:lol:
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

We're headed to Sorrento in the middle of August 8)

Also doing the Smurphs in Leeds, fond memories of Heartlander weekends of excess...
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

timsinister wrote:We're headed to Sorrento in the middle of August 8)
Prepare to be very very very hot.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
timsinister
The Oncoming Storm

Yeah I'm fearing the worst. I've pulled a Dominion previously with a cream linen suit in hot climes, hoping I'll survive again.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Rammstein show is specatular and magnifficent. One of a kind. Tickets are pricy, but you know what you've paid for. That level of professialism needs helluva people to maintain such monstrous machine. Quality of show and quality of performance are on the top world level.

Sadly, next year they gonna play at the National Stadium in Warsaw which has reputation of having dreadful accustic that makes listening music paifull expieirence (if you have hearing), and only options are: stading or ... outside. And since all standing are not avaliable, i'll stay home and wait for another opportuninty.
black smurf
Amphetamine Filth

Very excited about Die Krupps in Manchester 23rd Nov. Perhaps more excited than a man of my age should be :P
trying to be the person my dog already thinks i am......
twp
Amphetamine Filth

Just been to see Half Man Half Biscuit at the Devil's Arse, Peak Cavern, Derbyshire. Great band, fantastic venue.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

New Model Army Xmas party@ Nottinghams Rock City if my Great Uncle will put me on the Hells Angels guest list again.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Just been informed there's a ticket with my name on it for Rammstein in Coventry next summer. I've Matt Robobreezers to thank for that, long-time collaborator in all things Rammstein. How ace :D :notworthy:
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Planet Dave wrote:Just been informed there's a ticket with my name on it for Rammstein in Coventry next summer. I've Matt Robobreezers to thank for that, long-time collaborator in all things Rammstein. How ace :D :notworthy:
a couple of close friends of mine saw them at Milton Keynes the other month and said they were f**king awesome. nice one bro.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:
Planet Dave wrote:Just been informed there's a ticket with my name on it for Rammstein in Coventry next summer. I've Matt Robobreezers to thank for that, long-time collaborator in all things Rammstein. How ace :D :notworthy:
a couple of close friends of mine saw them at Milton Keynes the other month and said they were f**king awesome. nice one bro.
I'll take that for a review, cheers Whizz! Tbh they've never been owt less when I've seen them, their shows always come across like someone asked 1980s Metallica to write the music for Les Miserables. Plus, anyone who makes their first fog machine out of an old washing machine, or even just makes up that anecdote, I can't help but admire. :lol:
sultan2075
Overbomber

Wovenhand on September 15.
This Will Destroy you November 16.
Maybe Chelsea Wolfe when she rolls through town; ditto Russian Circles if I get home early enough from work.
Contemplating spending a good chunk of January somewhere in Europe - maybe Austria.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
sultan2075
Overbomber

sultan2075 wrote:Wovenhand on September 15.
Don’t miss ‘em if they roll through your town. Easily one of the best live bands I’ve ever seen. It was my first time, and I got the same sort of chills I had seeing the Sisters for the first time (back in Philly, 1997. Wow, that makes me feel old).
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard - Leeds T&C Oct 2
—Bertrand Russell
limur
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

A few coming up;

Stealing Sheep
Wasuremono
The Wedding Present
The Wildhearts
Metronomy

wasn't really inspired by any of the above but with;

Half Man Half Biscuit

at the end, I'm revitalised and ready to party all the way through :lol: :lol: :lol:
...train, crashin' head long into the heartland...

Pushing Good Music #PGM www.livemusicreview.co.uk
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

i have TSOM, Gary Numan and then a Darkness tour. fitting others in is really difficult
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
ROBBIE

TSOM x 8
Black Honey
Snow Patrol
Halestorm
Macc Lads
"Genevieve, I think you're lovely But Genevieve, it's time” TSOM 2020
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

Conversations with Nick Cave - tonight in San Francisco
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

So Nick was fantastic. Responded to the audience questions very thoughtfully, but not at all mushy. One of his best responses was to the question "are you vegan?" He replied, "No because Morrissey is."
Pista
Cureboi

EmmaPeelWannaBe wrote: One of his best responses was to the question "are you vegan?" He replied, "No because Morrissey is."
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

Gary Numan last Saturday, The Cult this Sunday and Ghost in November.

All Leeds.
Four strings good, six strings bad
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

EmmaPeelWannaBe wrote:So Nick was fantastic. Responded to the audience questions very thoughtfully, but not at all mushy. One of his best responses was to the question "are you vegan?" He replied, "No because Morrissey is."
Homer Simpson wrote: It's so funny 'cause it's true

XidiouX

Tomorrow, Ladytron in Edinburgh.