Heartland Forum Index
       FAQ      Rules      Search      Paypal Donation      Photo Gallery      Sisters Wiki   
   Register · Profile · Log in to check your private messages · View New Posts · Usergroups · Memberlist · Statistics  
   Follow us on   Twitter    Facebook · Log in  
PALAZZOGRASSI - PHANTOM TWINS

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #1  Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:03 pm    Post subject: PALAZZOGRASSI - PHANTOM TWINS Reply with quote Back to top

Few questions left without an answer on this forum so i ll try this again

1)Who were the Phantom twins, they seemed to have access to the sisters stuff, some remixes demos and above all "wide receiver" was brought to us by them

2) What happened to "reverberation across the nation" boot (Rome 85)
why was this never released?

3)Does anyone own one of their legendary postcards?

dankeschoen
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nick the stripper
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #2  Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

They were Andrew, right?
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

PostPost #3  Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

as with all things sisters, there are a few versions of the truth with this. i can only tell you the one i know... it may or may not be 100% accurate Confused

one of the "twins" was a guy (called dave i think), who ran BAD record shop in leeds

it is my understanding that he was friendly with various members of the sisters camp and obtained copies of various soundboard recordings etc from these people, some of whom engineered at the gigs or were mates of band members and had access to the band's personal archives.

the idea being :

dave: " i love the sisters! i wonder what a recording of that gig would have sounded like!"

a.n.other: "i have a soundboard that andy requested we do. if you let me have it back i can lend it to you..."

dave: "that would be great!"

dave gets tape, sends it off to italy for pressing (where s**t like that was legal), then hands the recording back.

shortly afterwards a boot of said recording surfaces.

like i say, thats only my understanding of it and is by no means the whole story... but a couple of people from the aforementioned "sisters camp" have described similar scenarios to me, and both are far from amused by it, and feel a little cheated.

potentially, this could be why eldritch professes to not like bootleggers... Confused
the cake is a lie
Dark
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #4  Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

At least the recordings were good quality.

I know two people who have my demo songs. Thankfully, I think they may have forgotten about them. But if they get out (apart from being secretly quite pleased), I'll know who did it. Laughing
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

PostPost #5  Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i dont actually know much about about their back catalogue, and have never heard of "reverberation across the nation".

when was it supposed to be "released"?

was it by any chance the last recording they did(nt) release? maybe someone in the chain realised what was going on and stopped it Question
the cake is a lie
Dark
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #6  Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

25 test pressings exist. But the actual LP was never released. Shame too.
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #7  Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Reverberation... was to be released after the "silence is platinum" single box but was postponed, which makes it an early release. This according to the sleeve notes was a 50 copies only lp from Rome 85 along with a full discography as an insert.

What is weird though to what Quiff is mentioning is that an article about the Phantom twins was published in U T R with the headline "an island in a stream" ,cause of the good quality they releases always were.

The postcards were 20 - 25 and is probably the weirdest thing a bootleger has ever made
i d love to see one
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

PostPost #8  Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

was that definitely UTR though?

i rememberreading something about bootleg reviews in the heartland fanzine, where those ones received some praise for their quality etc, but i'm not familiar with all UTR editions...
the cake is a lie
Dark
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #9  Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

http://myheartland.co.uk/gallery/details.php?image_id=209
Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

PostPost #10  Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

just been emailed scans of the Palazzograssi Christmas Card from an anonymous benefactor:

http://www.myheartland.co.uk/gallery/details.php?image_id=1114
http://www.myheartland.co.uk/gallery/details.php?image_id=1113

We are not worthy!
the cake is a lie
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

PostPost #11  Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i'm sure i've seen a rome 85 vinyl boot -well definitely i've seen a rome bootleg,purple on black styling a la the reptile house...don't remember what the name was. Question
Bartender says: 'We don't serve sympathy' "
Drsisters
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #12  Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There is a vinyl bootleg called we´re all aware of that or some such. available as both pic disc and sleeve bootleg. Incomplete show of course Twisted Evil
Also availabe on cd as black planet bootleg.
Big Si
School Bully

PostPost #13  Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Drsisters wrote:
There is a vinyl bootleg called we´re all aware of that or some such. available as both pic disc and sleeve bootleg. Incomplete show of course Twisted Evil

Bought it for about £12 in 1990 from Middlesbrough record fair. Good quality sound too! Very Happy

"oh!!! PISH!" - RIP, Jam~es Blaast 1958-2016
RIP Molly "The Mum" Gallagher 1921-2018

mybelgiannemesis
Silence is platinum
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #14  Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quiff Boy wrote:
just been emailed scans of the Palazzograssi Christmas Card from an anonymous benefactor:

http://www.myheartland.co.uk/gallery/details.php?image_id=1114
http://www.myheartland.co.uk/gallery/details.php?image_id=1113

We are not worthy!

We are not worthy! We are not worthy! We are not worthy! We are not worthy! We are not worthy! We are not worthy! We are not worthy! We are not worthy! We are not worthy! We are not worthy! We are not worthy! We are not worthy!

another legend revealed Very Happy
Dark
Underneath the Rock

PostPost #15  Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Only 25 in existance (at the time of making, many may have been thrown away after Xmas, or lost), and we got scans. Mr. Green
Dan
Slight Overbomber

PostPost #16  Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Was the Palazzograssi Rome boot supposed to be soundboard then, or one of the various sources that's already available?
andreww100
Road Kill

PostPost #17  Posted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Did any of the test pressings surface? Be interesting to get a rip of Reverberation Across The Nation.
Being645
Above the Chemist

PostPost #18  Posted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

andreww100 wrote:
Did any of the test pressings surface? Be interesting to get a rip of Reverberation Across The Nation.

Check this page ... and a rip looks much closer than one might think ... Smile ...
andreww100
Road Kill

PostPost #19  Posted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks.

I see “same master” used for Were All Aware Of That.

I was interested as someone had taken the time to register the test pressing at discogs. Plus you never know, the pressing might have been different quality wise.

Andrew
Randall Flagg
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

PostPost #20  Posted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

andreww100 wrote:
Thanks.

I see “same master” used for Were All Aware Of That.

I was interested as someone had taken the time to register the test pressing at discogs. Plus you never know, the pressing might have been different quality wise.

Andrew

the 50 were done as white labels on black vinyl ahead of the picture disc run - so were the first off the stampers, the same metalwork was used for the black vinyl Clean Sound reissue that came later.

Flagg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Heartland Forum Index -> Trading All times are GMT + 1 Hour

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: