GW 14 - Deadline Saturday 30th November 11.30 AM

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

Evening. I think it's my turn again. Amazing how well IGM do when I'm not on the ball. I have survived the lurgy (mostly) and moving house (four days' notice) and have found the more important things like my desk and computer. We're moving again in the new year so 70% of stuff is in the spare room here. Suburbia is kinda odd, let me tell you, but it's not for long.
Not as bleeding odd as That Man becoming Spurs' manager. There are 99 things I can forgive my team for, but this ain't one. Grrr.

Anyway - GW14 is looking good to go.

Saturday 30 November 2019

Newcastle 12:30 Man CityBT Sport This could be all over the place.
Burnley 15:00 Crystal Palace Shall we let Palace have a win?
Chelsea 15:00 West Ham Chelsea will win this. Abrahams apparently is ok.
Liverpool 15:00 Brighton Another 3 points in the bag for Klopp and his merry men.
Spurs 15:00 Bournemouth Hummph
Southampton 17:30 Watford Sky Sports I'm not sure that this is interesting enough

Sunday 1 December 2019

Norwich 14:00 Arsenal Sky Sports C'mon you Yellows!
Wolves 14:00 Sheffield Utd Hard to call. Last year's star turns against this year's.
Leicester 16:30 Everton Sky Sports Everton about to lose a manager
Man Utd 16:30 Aston Villa Well, I dunno. At least we don't have to watch it.

As you can see, Christmas cheer has not yet kicked in and is in short supply here. YOU try this time of year in a Primary school, moving house and under perpetual threat of Ofsted. Only football heals :D And IGM are doing ok!
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

emilystrange wrote:Man Utd 16:30 Aston Villa Well, I dunno. At least we don't have to watch it.
It's my duty to be faux-offended by that comment, but it's really hard to find fault with it so fair do's. I dunno either, could be nil nil or nil nil.

Glad you're all sorted for now Boss :) try not to be too mardy about yer new manager, the team will get better if nothing else. My one transfer this week will likely be bringing one of your guys in, Moura seems worth a run, Alli maybe? I can see Spurs flying up the table for a while.

Good luck all :D
Pista
Cureboi

emilystrange wrote: Burnley 15:00 Crystal Palace Shall we let Palace have a win?
Yes :twisted:

Good to know you've moved in okay. Fingers crossed the New Year's one goes a bit more smoothly :D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Pista
Cureboi

Arsenal just sacked Emery
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Pista wrote:Arsenal just sacked Emery
... and can't you just see the rush of managers (or players for that matter) willing to sign up for a club whose fans will hound you remorselessly if you don't match up to whatever and wherever their expectations may lie. Course it's not all of them but it's obviously enough. Personally I'd like to see Poch there just to boil some p*ss :twisted:

Abraham's definitely out this w/e so that were plan A out the window. Same old same old.
ROBBIE
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Pista wrote:Arsenal just sacked Emery
The fans sacked him on Thursday :lol:

I’m free if they need an average manager to manage their average team...well in my humble opinion.
"Genevieve, I think you're lovely But Genevieve, it's time” TSOM 2020
limur
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Ready!

No Man City players now. I've been rotated so much it's made me dizzy! :eek:
...train, crashin' head long into the heartland...

Pushing Good Music #PGM www.livemusicreview.co.uk
Pista
Cureboi

Anyone got Alisson in goal?
:innocent:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Pista
Cureboi

emilystrange wrote: Burnley 15:00 Crystal Palace Shall we let Palace have a win?
Tadaah! :D
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

New GW starts tomorrow, 18.30 deadline for squad tinkering. Holy moley, although it does help consign the rubbish GW14 to the history bin that much quicker I guess.
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

Evening. Must get through this, the GW deadline has gone and first KO in 17 minutes (when i started). Welcome to the Amazon Prime Video GWs. Total chaos and bedtime timetabling nightmares as KOs are at 7.30 and 8.15 - what fresh hell is this? It's Not On to mess with us like this!

Last week was quite eventful, as Steve has already admirably summed up over on the Other Place. Newcastle gave Citeh a few more embarrassing moments, as the light blues just can't get going this season, even with Sterling and De Bruyne goalsand 7 saves for Dubravka. Palace got their win, so we have one happy boy reading this at least. Chelsea managed to lose to Spammers, which wasn't exactly on the cards, but maybe they're missing their new talisman Tammy a little too much. Van Djik scored two for the dominant Reds, as well as coming second in the Ballon D'Or this week, but talk of the game came from Allison's sending off, the great berk. Kudos and not a little love to the American lady Alison Becker, whose Twitter feed is wonderful. Steve has the link on his round up, and I do believe that he may well have it tattooed somewhere soon. He may be on the verge of offering her his last Rolo.

At White Hart Lane, Alli and Son were the wonder pair with Sissoko chucking one in for good measure, but leaky defence is still an issue for Spurs as Wilson scored two for Bournemouth. Pah. A win, but pah. Southampton won by a miracle in the late game.

On Sunday, Norwich had to settle for a point after showing Arsenal a few turns and twists. Ljundberg (a most excellent Calvin Klein undies model, in his day. My boss was very impressed) was probably quite happy too, given that Norwich's missed shots were very close and Leno was the best of their team. VAR again - penalty yes, but the encroachement never really made any difference on either take. IMO. Hmm. Villa could have won at Old Trafford but for an own goal, Wolves fought for a draw at home, and Leicester managed to win by a whisker, prayer and VAR in injury time.

Managers gone from Watford and Arsenal, managers completely backed by the board at Everton. Merry Season.

The tables: we asked VAR to check 3674063708 times but they said they were busy. EIB won a week! Not enough to topple IGM though

The Clash Athletic for IGM hold the Yellow Jersey

high town fc win the Big Shout Out for a great 91 points

and over on the H2H, Hollowstar FC hold the crown for a change

EIB and IGM drew the week on H2h but no change at the top.

This took ages due to issues with casting, dammit

Good luck with GW15!
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
Pista
Cureboi

emilystrange wrote:
The tables: we asked VAR to check 3674063708 times but they said they were busy. EIB won a week! Not enough to topple IGM though
On the plus side, VAR did find the debris from Chandrayaan-2 on the moon

:innocent:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity