(Yet Another) Currently Being Pissed Off By...

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock
Posts: 5872
Joined: 17 Sep 2005, 10:47

EvilBastard wrote:Well this is bloody annoying - 14 months into a job I truly love, with a company full of people I really enjoy working with, and they've just laid off 20% of us - me included.
The best of luck finding new one, as I hope you'll find it very soon.

I've been through such situation twice so I really feel for you.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock
Posts: 5872
Joined: 17 Sep 2005, 10:47

Apart from not having it under my control or that I could not change a bit it this: I am extremly pissed and angry to see that world once again accept and allow one nation to attack other and, in this situation, it's most likely to do genocide - USA leaving Kurds to let them be murdered by Turks. We are, most likely, gonna see genocide on scal of what Turkey did Armenians in 1894-186 and 1915–1917.

Thus said: my foot will never step on Turkey soil. And one of my biggest dream - crossing USA - is now labeled as unlikely-to-happen. I will do my best to not buy products nor services made or manufactured in Turkey.

Not to mention that US of A, by this action, created yet another sworn enemy and possible danger to themselve. And yet again, Trump and his admnistration proved they are having deficiencies in cognitive skills and deduction.

(unless, of course, I am wrong and US of A will support other, efficient way Kurds; but then still holiday or trip, in/to Turkey is not something I will do in my lifetime).
Last edited by Bartek on 10 Oct 2019, 08:49, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
markfiend
goriller of form 3b
Posts: 20341
Joined: 11 Nov 2003, 10:55
Location: st custards
Contact:

Bartek wrote:We are, most likely, gonna see genocide on scal of what Turkey did Armenians in 1915–1917.
I really hope you're wrong, but I am very afraid that you're right.
advanced, forthright, signifficant
User avatar
Being645
Above the Chemist
Posts: 12585
Joined: 09 Apr 2009, 12:54
Location: reconstruction status: 74,4%,

I'm very angry about that, too... :urff: ... But however much he would like to, Erdogan is unable to commit a genocide against the Kurds.

There are too many in his own country, as well as in Iraq and Iran. It is a shame how this people has been treated for almost a century already.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock
Posts: 5872
Joined: 17 Sep 2005, 10:47

I made corretion for you:
Being645 wrote:Erdogan is unable to commit a complete genocide against the Kurds. He can do this in his own country, Syria and Iraq.
User avatar
iesus
Overbomber
Posts: 3356
Joined: 15 Mar 2006, 11:15
Location: x-EU

markfiend wrote:
Bartek wrote:We are, most likely, gonna see genocide on scal of what Turkey did Armenians in 1915–1917.
I really hope you're wrong, but I am very afraid that you're right.
There is no hope with Turkey. Bartek stated correctly. Welcome to the first genocide of the new century in that scale... Rip Kurds
Goths play Golf too ...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
User avatar
Alex66
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 268
Joined: 25 Mar 2015, 09:06
Location: Ne Where Every Where
Contact:

Four and a half weeks ago I had a minor stroke, was supposed to get an appointment in two wks. Drs said ring hospital hospital say try this dept or that, so no appointment. Why is it every time the Tories are in the NHS goes to f**king s**t.
The illiterate of the future will not be the man who cannot read the alphabet, but the one who cannot take a photograph. - Walter Benjamin
Driver powered by Cigarettes, Caffeine and Vitriol
User avatar
Being645
Above the Chemist
Posts: 12585
Joined: 09 Apr 2009, 12:54
Location: reconstruction status: 74,4%,

Bartek wrote:I made corretion for you:
Being645 wrote:Erdogan is unable to commit a complete genocide against the Kurds. He can do this in his own country, Syria and Iraq.
Maybe that really is his endeavour ... :urff: ... for Iraq, I doubt he can manage.
Anyway, the current Turkish attacks widely hitting civilians again are just a crime the world should not put up with.
User avatar
Being645
Above the Chemist
Posts: 12585
Joined: 09 Apr 2009, 12:54
Location: reconstruction status: 74,4%,

Alex66 wrote:Four and a half weeks ago I had a minor stroke, was supposed to get an appointment in two wks. Drs said ring hospital hospital say try this dept or that, so no appointment. Why is it every time the Tories are in the NHS goes to f**king s**t.
Sorry to hear that. And i keep my fingers crossed for you that the process can be sped up somehow.

The UK and even more the NHS is obviously in very bad condition since all the EU workforce had to leave ... :( ...
User avatar
Swinnow
Overbomber
Posts: 2480
Joined: 15 Mar 2005, 08:51
Location: Self-isolating from feral Guinea Pigs

The EU workforce have not had to leave the NHS, or any other employ within the UK, I see Germany is obviously as awash with false news stories as anywhere else. OK, the mad Brexit process obviously makes the UK less attractive to some possible immigrants but our NHS issues are more deeply seated than Brexit and it's associated b*ll*cks.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
User avatar
Being645
Above the Chemist
Posts: 12585
Joined: 09 Apr 2009, 12:54
Location: reconstruction status: 74,4%,

Swinnow wrote:The EU workforce have not had to leave the NHS, or any other employ within the UK, I see Germany is obviously as awash with false news stories as anywhere else. OK, the mad Brexit process obviously makes the UK less attractive to some possible immigrants but our NHS issues are more deeply seated than Brexit and it's associated b*ll*cks.
... :D ... ok. I had the impression, that many had left already because their status is unclear and because they felt no longer welcome due to their nationality ...
Bartek
Underneath the Rock
Posts: 5872
Joined: 17 Sep 2005, 10:47

Being645 wrote:
Bartek wrote:I made corretion for you:
Being645 wrote:Erdogan is unable to commit a complete genocide against the Kurds. He can do this in his own country, Syria and Iraq.
Maybe that really is his endeavour ... :urff: ... for Iraq, I doubt he can manage.
Anyway, the current Turkish attacks widely hitting civilians again are just a crime the world should not put up with.
Yes, that was easy to see that destroying YPK having some serious expirience in handling war IS Turkey main point, but it was also clear that they didn't mind civilian casualties.

I'd love to see some strong reaction, but Erdogan said: don't even think about any kind of retalioation EU, unless you want to see flood of immigrants in your countries.
And I'm afraid that it's check and mate.

Not to mention that Iranian troops are standing near Turkey and Syrian boarder, as Syria is Iran ally, and because Turkey is member of NATO they would call article 5 in case of any aggression from the first mentioned country. And because Russia is ally of Iran and have spent tons of money on their army and would like see themselves as empire again, a lot of thing can happen, including televising this genocide.

But as my friend pointed this: Kurds will not be the first victims of genocide or genocide-like act in this century: just to mention Sudan, Rohingyas in Burma and Yemen.
User avatar
Big Si
School Bully
Posts: 6590
Joined: 19 Nov 2002, 00:00
Location: Glesga Central

CPOB - Burning World Records and Paypal

Ordered a 4LP Boxset and waited 2 Months for the Order. Communications from the Seller (who has never given their Name) just stated that there may have been a problem with the courier and it's not been despatched from their warehouse and will get it sent ASAP. Despite my asking I have never received any proof of despatch or even courier details. So filed a Paypal Claim as have Buyer Protection. Seller responds to my Claim with a Proof of Posting. A parcel arrives 2 Days later containing a similar item that was being sold at a lower price and the Parcel was sent from somewhere within UK and not Holland, so i've been overcharged on the postage. Email details to Paypal to update my claim but receive a generic reply that bears no relation to the contents of my email. 24 days later and Claim has been rejected and in the sellers favour, stating because i've received my order! :eek: :evil:

Have sent 3 emails of complaint to Paypal and just received generic Customer Service replies where they appear not to have read any of the content of my emails :evil:

I've just checked the Feedback on Burning World Records on both Facebook and Discogs, and it would appear that the F****** have been doing this to Customers for years now! :evil:
"An 'orrible Kant!"

"oh!!! PISH!" - RIP, Jam~es Blaast 1958-2016
RIP Molly "The Mum" Gallagher 1921-2018

mybelgiannemesis
User avatar
Charlie
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1213
Joined: 27 Mar 2017, 19:12
Location: Yorkshire

Big Si wrote:CPOB - Burning World Records and Paypal

Ordered a 4LP Boxset and waited 2 Months for the Order. Communications from the Seller (who has never given their Name) just stated that there may have been a problem with the courier and it's not been despatched from their warehouse and will get it sent ASAP. Despite my asking I have never received any proof of despatch or even courier details. So filed a Paypal Claim as have Buyer Protection. Seller responds to my Claim with a Proof of Posting. A parcel arrives 2 Days later containing a similar item that was being sold at a lower price and the Parcel was sent from somewhere within UK and not Holland, so i've been overcharged on the postage. Email details to Paypal to update my claim but receive a generic reply that bears no relation to the contents of my email. 24 days later and Claim has been rejected and in the sellers favour, stating because i've received my order! :eek: :evil:

Have sent 3 emails of complaint to Paypal and just received generic Customer Service replies where they appear not to have read any of the content of my emails :evil:

I've just checked the Feedback on Burning World Records on both Facebook and Discogs, and it would appear that the F****** have been doing this to Customers for years now! :evil:
That's shocking! :(
Surely as you've been sent the wrong item and overcharged you still have rights to claim the money or some money back?
There's usually some sort of goods act or mis-selling act you can claim under beyond Paypal.
Is there some sort of Ombudsman you can report them to?
Maybe have a good old search round the internet?
Really hope you can get something sorted out.
User avatar
Swinnow
Overbomber
Posts: 2480
Joined: 15 Mar 2005, 08:51
Location: Self-isolating from feral Guinea Pigs

NatWest's mobile banking app is playing silly buggers with me yesterday and today. Grrrrr, not quite at the stage of wanting a cheque book and a quill pen but.....
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
User avatar
Big Si
School Bully
Posts: 6590
Joined: 19 Nov 2002, 00:00
Location: Glesga Central

Charlie wrote:
Big Si wrote:CPOB - Burning World Records and Paypal

Ordered a 4LP Boxset and waited 2 Months for the Order. Communications from the Seller (who has never given their Name) just stated that there may have been a problem with the courier and it's not been despatched from their warehouse and will get it sent ASAP. Despite my asking I have never received any proof of despatch or even courier details. So filed a Paypal Claim as have Buyer Protection. Seller responds to my Claim with a Proof of Posting. A parcel arrives 2 Days later containing a similar item that was being sold at a lower price and the Parcel was sent from somewhere within UK and not Holland, so i've been overcharged on the postage. Email details to Paypal to update my claim but receive a generic reply that bears no relation to the contents of my email. 24 days later and Claim has been rejected and in the sellers favour, stating because i've received my order! :eek: :evil:

Have sent 3 emails of complaint to Paypal and just received generic Customer Service replies where they appear not to have read any of the content of my emails :evil:

I've just checked the Feedback on Burning World Records on both Facebook and Discogs, and it would appear that the F****** have been doing this to Customers for years now! :evil:
That's shocking! :(
Surely as you've been sent the wrong item and overcharged you still have rights to claim the money or some money back?
There's usually some sort of goods act or mis-selling act you can claim under beyond Paypal.
Is there some sort of Ombudsman you can report them to?
Maybe have a good old search round the internet?
Really hope you can get something sorted out.
Thanks Charlie. It makes yer blood boil, but i've woken this morning to a reply stating that they've appealed the ruling and re-opened the Case as (SNAD) 'Item not received as Advertised'. My request for a Manager to review all the evidence I provided must have finally got through to the right person. "Lakshmi" and "Avinash" need to receive the level of training as "Ignatious". I wonder how long i'll have to wait this time :?
"An 'orrible Kant!"

"oh!!! PISH!" - RIP, Jam~es Blaast 1958-2016
RIP Molly "The Mum" Gallagher 1921-2018

mybelgiannemesis
User avatar
Charlie
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1213
Joined: 27 Mar 2017, 19:12
Location: Yorkshire

Big Si wrote: Thanks Charlie. It makes yer blood boil, but i've woken this morning to a reply stating that they've appealed the ruling and re-opened the Case as (SNAD) 'Item not received as Advertised'. My request for a Manager to review all the evidence I provided must have finally got through to the right person. "Lakshmi" and "Avinash" need to receive the level of training as "Ignatious". I wonder how long i'll have to wait this time :?
Well that's a start at least!
Things like this are so frustrating, it's not just about the money, it's the whole principle of the thing.
Fingers crossed for you! :D
User avatar
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed
Posts: 7772
Joined: 24 Mar 2005, 00:01
Location: above the chemist
Contact:

Big Si wrote:
Charlie wrote:
Big Si wrote:CPOB - Burning World Records and Paypal

Ordered a 4LP Boxset and waited 2 Months for the Order. Communications from the Seller (who has never given their Name) just stated that there may have been a problem with the courier and it's not been despatched from their warehouse and will get it sent ASAP. Despite my asking I have never received any proof of despatch or even courier details. So filed a Paypal Claim as have Buyer Protection. Seller responds to my Claim with a Proof of Posting. A parcel arrives 2 Days later containing a similar item that was being sold at a lower price and the Parcel was sent from somewhere within UK and not Holland, so i've been overcharged on the postage. Email details to Paypal to update my claim but receive a generic reply that bears no relation to the contents of my email. 24 days later and Claim has been rejected and in the sellers favour, stating because i've received my order! :eek: :evil:

Have sent 3 emails of complaint to Paypal and just received generic Customer Service replies where they appear not to have read any of the content of my emails :evil:

I've just checked the Feedback on Burning World Records on both Facebook and Discogs, and it would appear that the F****** have been doing this to Customers for years now! :evil:
That's shocking! :(
Surely as you've been sent the wrong item and overcharged you still have rights to claim the money or some money back?
There's usually some sort of goods act or mis-selling act you can claim under beyond Paypal.
Is there some sort of Ombudsman you can report them to?
Maybe have a good old search round the internet?
Really hope you can get something sorted out.
Thanks Charlie. It makes yer blood boil, but i've woken this morning to a reply stating that they've appealed the ruling and re-opened the Case as (SNAD) 'Item not received as Advertised'. My request for a Manager to review all the evidence I provided must have finally got through to the right person. "Lakshmi" and "Avinash" need to receive the level of training as "Ignatious". I wonder how long i'll have to wait this time :?
Paypal are pure cunts man. i despise them. they act as if they are the antithesis of good buiness practice but like Bojo's acting the fool thats just a deliberate subterfuge to cover the fact that they couldnt give a f**k about the customer. in other words "we've had your money now f**k off".
"nowadays everybody talks like they got something to say
but nothing comes out when they move their lips
-just a bunch of gibberish-
and everybody acts like they forgot about GARY MARX"

:bat:
User avatar
markfiend
goriller of form 3b
Posts: 20341
Joined: 11 Nov 2003, 10:55
Location: st custards
Contact:

I remember many moons ago, in another job, I did the website for a gay-men-only holiday resort in Spain; Paypal refused to handle the payments. Fcuking puritans.
advanced, forthright, signifficant
User avatar
Tinker
Road Kill
Posts: 64
Joined: 30 Oct 2019, 18:02
Location: Slough of Despond

Minor irritation in the grand scheme of things but - for my work friend's birthday, I bought her vintage vinyl and framed it. Today, she gave me a mug (from Tesco) and a pack of gold-coloured earrings that were reduced in Next (they still have the red sticker on the back). I don't have pierced ears. My birthday was in October.
Monstrous hell bride.
User avatar
markfiend
goriller of form 3b
Posts: 20341
Joined: 11 Nov 2003, 10:55
Location: st custards
Contact:

Uber drivers. Cnuts every single one. Hint: the road is for cars, the pavement is for pedestrians. Drive on the former, not the latter.
advanced, forthright, signifficant
User avatar
Swinnow
Overbomber
Posts: 2480
Joined: 15 Mar 2005, 08:51
Location: Self-isolating from feral Guinea Pigs

One of the major attractions of a trip home is the lack of Uber over there.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
User avatar
Being645
Above the Chemist
Posts: 12585
Joined: 09 Apr 2009, 12:54
Location: reconstruction status: 74,4%,

Betting offices ... five of them within less than 50 metres distance from my home ... go find a parking before 11:30 pm when you get back from actual sports ... today (again) Champions League ... 2 hours cruising the neighbourhood for a place to leave my car and get home ... :urff: :urff: :urff: ...
User avatar
Swinnow
Overbomber
Posts: 2480
Joined: 15 Mar 2005, 08:51
Location: Self-isolating from feral Guinea Pigs

Was the football club there before you moved in? I speak as someone who would never live in L4. Living a few hundred yards from Tranmere Rovers in the 70's obviously scarred me for life. Apologies to Snowey if he still passes through.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
User avatar
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed
Posts: 7772
Joined: 24 Mar 2005, 00:01
Location: above the chemist
Contact:

As an habitual insomniac (ok lifelong amphetamine addict ) i keep odd hours. haviing ran out of cider around 5am and having just purchased a snazzy new mountain bike i didnt mind in the slightest cycling 3 mjiles to a tesco metro in town that opened at 6am to buy some more. when i got there i was told that yes they were open but their licence to sell alcohol dint start until 8am. however i was told that a different store a bit further the other side of town which also opened at 6am was licensed to sell alcohol at 6am. so i trundled another mile or so only to be told to bollocks by them as well. the guy there told me that ALL 6am openeing tescos were similarly licensed which is a complete lie as the one near my friends house always serves us. my point is: Tesco opened fucking everywhere and forced lots of little shops to shut. but now Tesco dont selll half the things that the litlle shops did. i have never yet met an asian newsagent who wont sell you beer at 5.30 but these cunts who have forced them out of business wont. :evil:
"nowadays everybody talks like they got something to say
but nothing comes out when they move their lips
-just a bunch of gibberish-
and everybody acts like they forgot about GARY MARX"

:bat:
Post Reply