2020-03-10. O2 Academy, Leeds UK

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2020
morwenstow
Road Kill
Posts: 3
Joined: 03 Oct 2019, 12:48

I've never seen the Sisters in Leeds before.

Are hometown gigs special?
User avatar
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed
Posts: 7871
Joined: 24 Mar 2005, 00:01
Location: above the chemist
Contact:

morwenstow wrote:I've never seen the Sisters in Leeds before.

Are hometown gigs special?
yeah, i'd say they are. it will be only the 5th time in Leeds for me although it seems more. :?:
"...a rigjht hand is a horrible thing to lose...."
:bat:
User avatar
ruffers
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1929
Joined: 24 Jan 2005, 16:43
Location: At home - but you knew that didn't you?

I have no idea how I am going to make this work from a work perspective, but ticket bought anyway.
2019 - London London Brussels Brussels Stockholm Paris Utrecht
2020 - Leeds & Nottingham, so far anyway. And Frankfurt. And Manchester with huge thanks to Gothicbiff

Not Frankfurt
User avatar
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock
Posts: 5247
Joined: 22 Apr 2003, 23:51
Location: The North.

morwenstow wrote:I've never seen the Sisters in Leeds before.

Are hometown gigs special?
Nah not necessarily, but it's an individual perspective thing innit. This is gig 3 of a fairly packed schedule of shows so I'd imagine it'll be a business-first approach. But then it's the Sisters in Leeds so you could certainly argue it's always gonna be special, maybe for the crowd moreso than the band.

The short answer is ... soon find out :D
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker
Posts: 4510
Joined: 11 Jul 2002, 01:00

morwenstow wrote:I've never seen the Sisters in Leeds before.

Are hometown gigs special?
Yes, but they've not been Leeds for quite some time now.
Empathy is wasted by nice people
User avatar
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock
Posts: 5247
Joined: 22 Apr 2003, 23:51
Location: The North.

paint it black wrote:
morwenstow wrote:I've never seen the Sisters in Leeds before.

Are hometown gigs special?
Yes, but they've not been Leeds for quite some time now.
Also a good point.
User avatar
mh
Underneath the Rock
Posts: 7469
Joined: 23 Jun 2003, 14:41
Location: A civilized European city

Also worth keeping an eye open for anything else that may be happening on that day. Last time round Salvation played the Fenton (IIRC) a few hours before, which was a nice treat.
Trigonometry. It's a sin.
morwenstow
Road Kill
Posts: 3
Joined: 03 Oct 2019, 12:48

paint it black wrote:
morwenstow wrote:I've never seen the Sisters in Leeds before.

Are hometown gigs special?
Yes, but they've not been Leeds for quite some time now.
Yes, obv.

I'm tempted. Hmm. Midweek. Hmm.
User avatar
Swinnow
Overbomber
Posts: 2546
Joined: 15 Mar 2005, 08:51
Location: Self-isolating from feral Guinea Pigs

Dry Dock beforehand ladies?
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
User avatar
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber
Posts: 1447
Joined: 10 Jul 2015, 21:55
Location: San Francisco

Swinnow wrote:Dry Dock beforehand ladies?
Speaking on behalf of the HL witches - yes!
User avatar
Swinnow
Overbomber
Posts: 2546
Joined: 15 Mar 2005, 08:51
Location: Self-isolating from feral Guinea Pigs

Sound, we can crawl our way up there from your temporary Witchbase on City Square :)
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
User avatar
Memphis Rich
Amphetamine Filth
Posts: 145
Joined: 17 Jul 2010, 23:45

Just had an email saying my ticket is on the way. They don't rush do they?
Words are just turds
In sewers of sound
User avatar
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed
Posts: 7871
Joined: 24 Mar 2005, 00:01
Location: above the chemist
Contact:

Planet Dave wrote:
paint it black wrote:
morwenstow wrote:I've never seen the Sisters in Leeds before.

Are hometown gigs special?
Yes, but they've not been Leeds for quite some time now.
Also a good point.
apart from Si's NME benefit the girls havent played the peoples republic since the XXX gigs. :eek:
"...a rigjht hand is a horrible thing to lose...."
:bat:
User avatar
Being645
Above the Chemist
Posts: 12695
Joined: 09 Apr 2009, 12:54
Location: reconstruction status: 76,8%

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: apart from Si's NME benefit the girls havent played the peoples republic since the XXX gigs. :eek:
Not true. They played Leeds Beckett in 2015:

https://sisterswiki.org/Wed,_14-Oct-2015
User avatar
markfiend
goriller of form 3b
Posts: 20394
Joined: 11 Nov 2003, 10:55
Location: st custards
Contact:

Being645 wrote:
eastmidswhizzkid wrote: apart from Si's NME benefit the girls havent played the peoples republic since the XXX gigs. :eek:
Not true. They played Leeds Beckett in 2015:

https://sisterswiki.org/Wed,_14-Oct-2015
Yup. Cracking version of No Time To Cry as I recall.
advanced, forthright, signifficant
User avatar
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed
Posts: 7871
Joined: 24 Mar 2005, 00:01
Location: above the chemist
Contact:

markfiend wrote:
Being645 wrote:
eastmidswhizzkid wrote: apart from Si's NME benefit the girls havent played the peoples republic since the XXX gigs. :eek:
Not true. They played Leeds Beckett in 2015:

https://sisterswiki.org/Wed,_14-Oct-2015
Yup. Cracking version of No Time To Cry as I recall.
ah yes i stand corrected. that was the winter of my discount tent and gettting dumped byu text message. all my own fault for not insisting on listening to The Sisters on my birthday for the first time i remember. beaches eh? only saw the girls at rock city. all better now. 8)
"...a rigjht hand is a horrible thing to lose...."
:bat:
User avatar
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock
Posts: 5247
Joined: 22 Apr 2003, 23:51
Location: The North.

Jihad, 1959 and Police Car, that's what I remember that gig for. And Von blaming the audience for the band being s**t, or words to that effect :lol: bang average gig which was saved by 1959 and Jihad imho, you definitely went to the right show that tour Lee.
User avatar
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed
Posts: 7871
Joined: 24 Mar 2005, 00:01
Location: above the chemist
Contact:

except i found myself right at the very front but to the left in an enclave of po-faced darklings who weren't singing! as i was -very loudly: they came on to Kiss ffs- they were all looking at me like i was having a wank and chucking my seed at the band lol.
"...a rigjht hand is a horrible thing to lose...."
:bat:
User avatar
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock
Posts: 5247
Joined: 22 Apr 2003, 23:51
Location: The North.

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:except i found myself right at the very front but to the left in an enclave of po-faced darklings who weren't singing! as i was -very loudly: they came on to Kiss ffs- they were all looking at me like i was having a wank and chucking my seed at the band lol.
I trust you met their stares with 'look folks you lot had better shift or some of this seed will land your stupid heads' :lol:
User avatar
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed
Posts: 7871
Joined: 24 Mar 2005, 00:01
Location: above the chemist
Contact:

Planet Dave wrote:
eastmidswhizzkid wrote:except i found myself right at the very front but to the left in an enclave of po-faced darklings who weren't singing! as i was -very loudly: they came on to Kiss ffs- they were all looking at me like i was having a wank and chucking my seed at the band lol.
I trust you met their stares with 'look folks you lot had better shift or some of this seed will land your stupid heads' :lol:
i think i went and stood next to Johnny and deafened him instead! 5 hours in Leeds A&E....fair turnaround's fair play. :twisted:
"...a rigjht hand is a horrible thing to lose...."
:bat:
User avatar
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed
Posts: 7871
Joined: 24 Mar 2005, 00:01
Location: above the chemist
Contact:

i'm trying to plan my leeds trip to best optimise my time spent with my HL brothers and sisters whilst bearing in mind i am off to Nottingham the following night. is there an after party or something happening ? can any one let me know the details if there is please? ta muchly. :kiss: 8)
"...a rigjht hand is a horrible thing to lose...."
:bat:
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker
Posts: 4510
Joined: 11 Jul 2002, 01:00

Planet Dave wrote:Jihad, 1959 and Police Car, that's what I remember that gig for. And Von blaming the audience for the band being s**t, or words to that effect :lol: bang average gig which was saved by 1959 and Jihad imho, you definitely went to the right show that tour Lee.
I think I got thrown over the barrier and had a stand up row with Chris post gig. Good times. Or maybe that was another time and this time I actually drank green tea? Who knows, not me anyway
Empathy is wasted by nice people
User avatar
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock
Posts: 5247
Joined: 22 Apr 2003, 23:51
Location: The North.

eastmidswhizzkid wrote:i'm trying to plan my leeds trip to best optimise my time spent with my HL brothers and sisters whilst bearing in mind i am off to Nottingham the following night. is there an after party or something happening ? can any one let me know the details if there is please? ta muchly. :kiss: 8)
I've zero idea about after-do's though I guess there might be something organised downstairs at the Academy? Failing that it'll presumably be back to the Boat-On-A-Roundabout. Sofa-space is available if required, yep even for larging-it Kloppites, I understand mate, 30 years is a lot of waiting :kiss:
User avatar
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock
Posts: 5247
Joined: 22 Apr 2003, 23:51
Location: The North.

paint it black wrote:
Planet Dave wrote:Jihad, 1959 and Police Car, that's what I remember that gig for. And Von blaming the audience for the band being s**t, or words to that effect :lol: bang average gig which was saved by 1959 and Jihad imho, you definitely went to the right show that tour Lee.
I think I got thrown over the barrier and had a stand up row with Chris post gig. Good times. Or maybe that was another time and this time I actually drank green tea? Who knows, not me anyway
I thought you got thrown over the barrier at every gig Ez.
User avatar
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed
Posts: 7871
Joined: 24 Mar 2005, 00:01
Location: above the chemist
Contact:

Planet Dave wrote:
eastmidswhizzkid wrote:i'm trying to plan my leeds trip to best optimise my time spent with my HL brothers and sisters whilst bearing in mind i am off to Nottingham the following night. is there an after party or something happening ? can any one let me know the details if there is please? ta muchly. :kiss: 8)
I've zero idea about after-do's though I guess there might be something organised downstairs at the Academy? Failing that it'll presumably be back to the Boat-On-A-Roundabout. Sofa-space is available if required, yep even for larging-it Kloppites, I understand mate, 30 years is a lot of waiting :kiss:
thank you Bro on both counts. likewise if you wanna come to Rock City the next day 'ospitality on WhizzWorld is all yours.
"...a rigjht hand is a horrible thing to lose...."
:bat:
Post Reply