Bauhaus

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

£67 they are having a laugh.
Norman Hunter
Slight Overbomber

Scardwel wrote:£67 they are having a laugh.
Maybes a good job it's in London as if it were in Leeds, I'd swallow it and go :eek:
Four strings good, six strings bad
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

Norman Hunter wrote:Maybes a good job it's in London as if it were in Leeds, I'd swallow it and go :eek:
Be careful what you wish for! (PLYC)
po
Amphetamine Filth

> £67 they are having a laugh.

Well, I'm not holding out for them to play anywhere closer this time or ever, so I got tickets hoping I can make it. Not much crazier than travelling to see the girls, is it? (:
09: Oslo / 11: Helsinki, Oslo / 12: Köln / 14: Amsterdam / 15: London / 17: London x2 / 19: London x2, Oslo / 22: Stockholm, Oslo / 23: Berlin, Leipzig
Pista
Cureboi

Mexico date added
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
XidiouX
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I very much doubt there will be a tour after Peter's heart attack. He'll be taking it much more easily from now on if he knows what's good for him and I'm sure he does. A new album though, if these dates go well and the chemistry is good...who knows?

Anyone know why they split up after Go Away White?
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

XidiouX wrote:
is it because like all "we are not a rock band we are artists dearhearts! ARTISTS! we simply choose to use the medium of music to express our art ..indeed we are not any sort of musical combo in the limited way your minds understand i we are ART!" outfits* they were basically just a bunch of pretentious twats? dunning-krueger art-school lovies who tried to disown their mediocre dirges** like a dog trying to run away from its own farts?
:innocent:

* think the KLF without the groundbreaking techno sensibilities and no ice cream costumes or throbbing gristle with cheekbones instead of broken washing machines.

**exceptions being 'in the flat field'; 'dark entries'; 'passion of lovers'; shes in parties'; (in fact all of the 81-83 12" though i prefer the album version of 'spirit') and 'king volcano' IMHO

:twisted: ;D
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
XidiouX
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

No.
Pista
Cureboi

Mexico tickets on sale this Saturday
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Pista wrote:Mexico tickets on sale this Saturday
Terror Couple Tequila Colonel?
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Pista
Cureboi

:lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

Bartek
Underneath the Rock

What an inpressive line-up, I wish I could go there.
Mothra
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

XidiouX wrote:I very much doubt there will be a tour after Peter's heart attack. He'll be taking it much more easily from now on if he knows what's good for him and I'm sure he does. A new album though, if these dates go well and the chemistry is good...who knows?

It's in David J's book. Which I don't have to hand at the moment, but from what I recall, there were bitter arguments in the studio, culminating in Peter threatening Daniel(?) with extreme violence. After that there was no going back, and (again allowing for my memory), as a result the released version was not the finished album, just what they had at the point that it all fell apart.

This is alluded to on the Wikipedia page: Kevin Haskins said in an interview that they "were getting along really well, but there was an incident that occurred". As a result, "some of us just felt that we didn't want to carry on as a working unit". No details on the incident were given.

Bassist David J later described the incident as "a big fight in the studio. We weren't going to carry on, and we were just going to dump the album. We were waiting for Peter [Murphy] to turn up. Our beef was with him. So he comes in, and he does this shocking and brilliant thing. Pure zen. He comes in, and he just spits rose petals in our faces. It just cut through everything. We couldn't argue with that. So we just went in and continued recording."

In his book David is a lot more explicit about what put an end to it.
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

Bartek wrote:What an inpressive line-up, I wish I could go there.
Indeed. I'm sorely tempted, and this is much more appealing than a wet Wednesday evening at the Ally Crappy Pally.
Pista
Cureboi

2nd night in Mexico added
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Pista
Cureboi

Athens, Paris, Dallas, & Chicago added

https://www.bauhausmusik.net/tour/
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Pista
Cureboi

Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
sultan2075
Overbomber

Pista wrote:Athens, Paris, Dallas, & Chicago added

https://www.bauhausmusik.net/tour/
The Bomb Factory in Dallas was a great venue. I didn't know they'd reopened.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
Guedzilla
Amphetamine Filth
Location: At the place where the bars never close (not that soon, at least)

Mothra wrote:It's in David J's book. Which I don't have to hand at the moment, but from what I recall, there were bitter arguments in the studio, culminating in Peter threatening Daniel(?) with extreme violence.
I think the extreme violence was on another occasion, earlier on.
Introducing....Gothzilla?!?
po
Amphetamine Filth

So, the Alexandra Palace gig will most likely be postponed or cancelled? I can't find any info on this yet. Is it likely to be scheduled for a later date?
09: Oslo / 11: Helsinki, Oslo / 12: Köln / 14: Amsterdam / 15: London / 17: London x2 / 19: London x2, Oslo / 22: Stockholm, Oslo / 23: Berlin, Leipzig
Scardwel
Slight Overbomber

The Ally Pally show has been moved to August 8th.
po
Amphetamine Filth

Thanks, got the update from the ticket service also. Not sure if I can make it, even if the world should be back to normal by then. But maybe there is hope for one of the rescheduled Sisters gigs...

Not that it matters much now, hope you're OK over there!
po
Amphetamine Filth

So it's actually happening this time?

Unfortunately I'm unable to travel to London for the show :( So I have two extra tickets. Any takers? E-tickets, so they should be transferrable. 50 quid for both, maybe? Paypal? Let me know if anyone's interested.

And I just hope I get to seem them before they break up again or just die or something...