COVID-19 coronavirus

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Pista
Cureboi

Everybody pandemic!
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
iesus
Overbomber

'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Tinker
Road Kill

Chaotican wrote:I haven’t commuted to work since 2011.

You all are slowly going to get weirder and weirder.
'slowly'?!
EvilBastard
Overbomber

markfiend wrote:"prunes through a short grandmother" :lol:
Can't remember where I heard it first, but it has become my go to when "shit off a shovel" is not an appropriate simile for something that happens very quickly. Mr. Pratchett (PBUH) used a similar expression in Mort - in deference to local botany he amended the object in question to "kzak fruit", but I believe that the intent is the same.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
Chaotican
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Tinker wrote:
Chaotican wrote:I haven’t commuted to work since 2011.

You all are slowly going to get weirder and weirder.
'slowly'?!
It only seems like a quick decent because you can’t see the bottom!

Seriously, it is intensifying. I work in the sf Bay Area as a high-tech advisor and technology implementation lead for large businesses, including health care. The problems I’m dealing with today center around capacity issues for remote workers, emergency response spin ups for health care, and I won’t even get into the government contracts. We’re all about to get weird!
sultan2075
Overbomber

My college has converted all classes to online classes until at least the first week of April, but we're hearing rumors it could go longer.

I'm disappointed to have to miss the band in the Netherlands, but very happy to have a three-week reprieve from DC traffic.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
czuczu
Overbomber

Mish tour cancelled..
iesus
Overbomber

'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Husek
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

iesus wrote:Brazilian official who met with Trump tests positive for coronavirus

Bolsonaro found positive and has the virus!!
Or better phrasing, Bolsonaro, who called the virus 'a fantasy' last week, found positive and has the virus :innocent:
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
Izzy HaveMercy
The Worlds Greatest Living Belgian

On a serious note.... ALL gigs and venues, in generzl, all social and cultural events are ON HOLD here in Belgium.
Things are getting serious and believe me, it is. Don’t panic, it is not necessary, but don’t laugh with the news reports either.
Follow the guidelines and when you can, stay at home.

Stay safe peeps,

Iz.
For Greater Good - Ambient Music for the Masses...
sultan2075
Overbomber

Izzy HaveMercy wrote:On a serious note.... ALL gigs and venues, in generzl, all social and cultural events are ON HOLD here in Belgium.
Things are getting serious and believe me, it is. Don’t panic, it is not necessary, but don’t laugh with the news reports either.
Follow the guidelines and when you can, stay at home.

Stay safe peeps,

Iz.
Same here in the States. I'm in DC, and all social, cultural, musical, etc., events are cancelled for at least a month. In Maryland (where I teach), it looks like all colleges and universities are moving all classes to online delivery until early April, and we're getting hints that it may go beyond that. Study-abroad programs have been cancelled through the summer. I'm lucky, in that I can easily work from home, but I know a lot of people who cannot, and I am concerned for them. I went out for a pint today (to celebrate my cancelled flight to the Netherlands to see the Sisters, which was supposed to leave... well, about the same time as I am typing this, actually), and I think I washed my hands 6 times between arriving at the pub and leaving. I might be a little OCD. But only a little.

Stay safe, folks.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
EvilBastard
Overbomber

sultan2075 wrote:Same here in the States. I'm in DC, and all social, cultural, musical, etc., events are cancelled for at least a month. In Maryland (where I teach), it looks like all colleges and universities are moving all classes to online delivery until early April, and we're getting hints that it may go beyond that. Study-abroad programs have been cancelled through the summer. I'm lucky, in that I can easily work from home, but I know a lot of people who cannot, and I am concerned for them. I went out for a pint today (to celebrate my cancelled flight to the Netherlands to see the Sisters, which was supposed to leave... well, about the same time as I am typing this, actually), and I think I washed my hands 6 times between arriving at the pub and leaving. I might be a little OCD. But only a little.

Stay safe, folks.
Our cockwomble of a governor (the guy who claims that the subway isn't his problem and that it has to get its own funding, while simultaneously getting all up in the subway's business when it looks like it might be a vote-winner) has just banned all gatherings of more than 500 people. Fair enough - but I don't know how I'm going to refund all of the tickets for my ever-popular "Spring Into Orgies" event...
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
sultan2075
Overbomber

Maybe the governors have a competition? Hogan in Maryland banned gatherings above 250 people. Bowser in DC will probably just do whatever the real estate developers tell her to do, but the folks at the 9:30 (who run a bunch of other venues as well) have started cancelling everything until at least April.

And I’ve been trying to convince my wife for almost a month that it’s better to stay late at the office and wait for me to pick her up than to use the Metro to get home. I guess that’s a problem that’s been solved. I think read that Metro ridership dropped 100k over the last 7 days. Can’t imagine why.
--
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

I just got information confirmed in two sources that my city and other here are about to be shut down and cut for leaving and entering.

Drastic measure, but here there are 5 separet sources of infection.
Being645
Above the Chemist

Bartek wrote:
iesus wrote:Brazilian official who met with Trump tests positive for coronavirus

Bolsonaro found positive and has the virus!!
There's a hope.
Yes, for once. I bet Trump has it too. He already looks like when you see his face on TV ... that is not a healthy person ...
eotunun
Overbomber

Norman Hunter wrote:Hey now, hey now-now
Sing Corona Virus to me
There are those not-so-sensible creatures out there who will just go there…
Elsewhere, Eotunun wrote: Gimme coughing, this damn cold
Gave me someone who I kissed (Gimme coughing)
All lands on hold, void and odd it seems (gimme coughing)
Kill the king with flu or else sars
And the real comes around (gimme coughing)
Gimme dream child, and do you hear him fall? (gimme coughing)
On Corona, on the scheffel
Still on the floor (gimme coughing)
Coughing…
Scream, child, and do you hear at all?

Sing…
Coughing…

Hey now, hey now-now, sing this Corona to me

(etc.)

Gimme sirens child, and do you hear me?
Gimme Sirens, child and do you hear me call?
Sing, child, of right and wrong
Gimme coughing, it won't last long
Gimme sirens child, and do you hear me call?

On days like this
In times like these
I feel an enema deep inside
Feel like haunching on bended knees
Living on? And if I try!
Somebody vax me, please!
Scream Sars an it's diffcult it seems,
To be breathing out and in
Sneezing and coughing on
Well, what do you say?
D'you have a test for giving away?
Got a sting for me?

I got nothing to spit I ain't spat before
I coughed all I could, I won't sneeze no more
I just need someone to understand
How this Corona got out off hand
Or Sars
End of snot
Runny cold
Turns
Cold, burns like a healing hand

:innocent:
Line 2 still is a bad krauticism, needs fixing. :oops:
…and all the rest… :oops: :oops: :oops:
There is shadow under this red rock
Being645
Above the Chemist

... :lol: ...
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

So we were told yesterday that we weren't allowed to work from home except for special circumstances. This morning we have been told we should work from home if possible!
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Pista
Cureboi

markfiend wrote:So we were told yesterday that we weren't allowed to work from home except for special circumstances. This morning we have been told we should work from home if possible!
The advice from No.10 has been all over the shop hasn't it?
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Reading what Brits and Sweds are doing is slightly disturbing.

HMS Sinking Britain

And on the other hand there are fuckheads like this. This news makes my blood boil.
Last edited by Bartek on 17 Mar 2020, 11:06, edited 2 times in total.
Being645
Above the Chemist

Bartek wrote:...
And on the other hand there are fuckheads like this. This news makes my blood boil.
It's just disgusting. If anyone, that zero gives America a bad name... :urff: ...
Swinnow
Overbomber

The mental image of fellow Brits becoming so bored by social distancing that they work off their frustrations on Swedes has really disturbed me.

For God's sake do not take advantage of vegetables, no matter how saucy they look, they are innocent parties - with the possible exception of celery.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

I'm not a Brit, but thanks for correcting me. Of course I meant Sweds.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Bartek wrote:And on the other hand there are fuckheads like this. This news makes my blood boil.
Operation Paperclip Part 2. No subterfuge required these days, just buy them.