2020-03-10. O2 Academy, Leeds UK

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2020 and 2022
elamanamou
Slight Overbomber

[quote="Swinnow"]You're a blimmin g*th elamanamou and I claim my £5.[

I’m not a goth I smile!! :P
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Charlie wrote:I've also done my neck in after this gig, felt a little achy after and it's gradually got worse, now it's so stiff i can hardly move it, god knows what i've done! :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: mate that's a pretty natural consequence of spending 90 minutes rocking the fk out on the front row of a Sisters gig. Wear your fckd neck like a badge of honour! As Swinnow says, the complete experience :notworthy:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

Planet Dave wrote:
Charlie wrote:I've also done my neck in after this gig, felt a little achy after and it's gradually got worse, now it's so stiff i can hardly move it, god knows what i've done! :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: mate that's a pretty natural consequence of spending 90 minutes rocking the fk out on the front row of a Sisters gig. Wear your fckd neck like a badge of honour! As Swinnow says, the complete experience :notworthy:
Bloomin' thing is so bad, think i've strained something, couldn't sleep last night, could hardly even put my head on the pillow!

I was all prepared to come back with zombie flu, never expected zombie neck! :lol: :lol:

But yeah, it was so worth it, i'm still buzzing :lol: :lol:
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Charlie wrote:Bloomin' thing is so bad, think i've strained something, couldn't sleep last night, could hardly even put my head on the pillow!

I was all prepared to come back with zombie flu, never expected zombie neck! :lol: :lol:

But yeah, it was so worth it, i'm still buzzing :lol: :lol:
Fab that you're still buzzing Charlie, cos your looking at a week of Thunderbird puppeting it around with that neck. Wheat bags, and plenty of 'em ;D
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Being645
Above the Chemist

Charlie wrote:Heartlanders post gig drinks! Photo from elamanamou with permission to post!

Featuring from left to right: EmmaPeelWannaBe, Charlie, Planet Dave, eastmidswhizzkid, elamanamou, SmileySister, paint it black, mh and Swinnow

And not forgetting the flag of course! :lol: :lol:

... :lol: ... what a great photo ... :lol: ... I think I've seen at least half you before somewhere ... :lol: ...
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

Ok , elamanamou wants me to post another group photo so here it is :lol:

Think this might actually be your photo MH?! I don't know, i'm just the messenger! :lol:

Last edited by Charlie on 14 Mar 2020, 19:54, edited 2 times in total.
Pista
Cureboi

Lots of smiles there.
Letting the goth side down somewhat :innocent:

:lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

8) :notworthy: classic post-gig pic, what a rum bunch! :D the flag was a welcome sight in the window of the Old Nag's Head last Saturday, bloody hell a week ago already :?
elamanamou
Slight Overbomber

Never laughed so much :lol: Great for Charlie her first sisters gig and she got the setlist :notworthy:
mh
Above the Chemist

Charlie wrote:Ok , elamanamou wants me to post another group photo so here it is :lol:

Think this might actually be your photo MH?! I don't know, i'm just the messenger! :lol:

Yeah, that's one of mine. :notworthy:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

well whats to add except i also had a fabulous time. the band were great but i found that wherever i was (and i moved around a lot) the crowd seemed incredibly underwhelmed. didnt stop me having a great night though.
more importantly was a great night with good friends: if i try and name you all i'll miss someone out so i'll assume you know who you are and thank you for it! special mention to planet dave though for being my partner in crime and putting me up for the night- boy did i need that sleep! :notworthy:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Swinnow
Overbomber

eastmidswhizzkid wrote: ....but i found that wherever i was (and i moved around a lot) the crowd seemed incredibly underwhelmed. didnt stop me having a great night though....
That's bloody Yorkshire for you :lol:

A good show imho continuing their upward curve of the last 18months after year upon year of repetition.

Hopefully may give Von the confidence to get back in the studio. Am sure his friends Justin Sullivan et al could pass on useful tips regarding self-financing such endeavours for "Yorkshire" bands on a limited budget in 2020.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

I can't believe this was a week ago already! What an emotional day on so many levels!
I want to go back in time. :cry:

My neck is finally starting to come back to life but my brain is still away in the clouds!
Thanks to the truly marvellous Ingo and Mr Blonde we have the youtube videos to gorge on, which i have done repeatedly. ;D

That Intro into But Genevieve video is probably my favourite now, gives me major goosebumbs everytime - the first song from my first gig, it will always be a special one, i can't tell you how amazing that felt!

:D :notworthy: :D :notworthy: :D :notworthy:
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

I think that intro is everybody's favourite right now, it's more than just an intro, it's a symbol of the confident return of the Sisters as an active band, and this in Leeds :notworthy:
And yes Ingo and Mr.Blonde have given us non-attenders immense pleasure :D
Being645
Above the Chemist

euphoria wrote:And yes Ingo and Mr.Blonde have given us non-attenders immense pleasure :D
While this is very true, I must add that there are many more individual contributors at venues all over the tours, who also bring to us great videos and everything.
MrBlonde and Ingo for sure avail of the capacities to do a lot of songs at many gigs, but definitely not all and not everywhere. And I think, our thanks should likewise
go to all those less named indviduals uploading stuff as well ... so many greetings and thank you very much to all the other lovely uploaders from here as well ...
you all are doing a great and heroic job as well!!! ... ;D :notworthy: ;D :notworthy: ;D :notworthy: ;D :notworthy: ;D :notworthy: ;D :notworthy: ;D...
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

Being645 wrote:
euphoria wrote:And yes Ingo and Mr.Blonde have given us non-attenders immense pleasure :D
While this is very true, I must add that there are many more individual contributors at venues all over the tours, who also bring to us great videos and everything.
MrBlonde and Ingo for sure avail of the capacities to do a lot of songs at many gigs, but definitely not all and not everywhere. And I think, our thanks should likewise
go to all those less named indviduals uploading stuff as well ... so many greetings and thank you very much to all the other lovely uploaders from here as well ...
you all are doing a great and heroic job as well!!! ... ;D :notworthy: ;D :notworthy: ;D :notworthy: ;D :notworthy: ;D :notworthy: ;D :notworthy: ;D...
Of course, i only mentioned them specifically because they have been so spot on in capturing all the new songs for us!

Anyone, anywhere that takes time out to record footage for us and share with us in amazing!

:D :notworthy: :D :notworthy: :D :notworthy:
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

True that, but these guys have raised the quality of the recordings to unprecedented levels, and have made them available to all directly after the gig.

I would also like to mention this recorder, Thomas Vanderstappen (is he on HL?) while I'm at it, amazing recordings of the Brussel gigs last year, his Susanne video from then one of my all time favourites :notworthy:

https://www.youtube.com/user/thomasvand ... shelf_id=0

And then the general technology development has meant it's possible for anyone to make totally ok recordings just with the mobile phone. It wasn't quite that easy 5 years ago :oops: ;D
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Charlie wrote:A few more Leeds videos have appeared:

Temple Of Love - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uXJ9EdFOWY

Alice- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yty-gW-ahV4

More - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfC2oeZy61s
8) :notworthy:
elamanamou
Slight Overbomber

Being645 wrote:
Charlie wrote:Heartlanders post gig drinks! Photo from elamanamou with permission to post!

Featuring from left to right: EmmaPeelWannaBe, Charlie, Planet Dave, eastmidswhizzkid, elamanamou, SmileySister, paint it black, mh and Swinnow

And not forgetting the flag of course! :lol: :lol:

... :lol: ... what a great photo ... :lol: ... I think I've seen at least half you before somewhere ... :lol: ...

Totally Unbelievable what can happen in a couple of weeks. Makes me sad, buy hey the sun will shine again and the party will continue for The Anniversary gigs next year! Keep well :kiss:
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

elamanamou wrote:
Totally Unbelievable what can happen in a couple of weeks. Makes me sad, buy hey the sun will shine again and the party will continue for The Anniversary gigs next year! Keep well :kiss:
I know right! And makes me appreciate so much more how lucky i was to get to see them, an absolutely amazing night, fingers crossed it will happen again next year! :D
Memphis Rich
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I like the treadmill idea Planet Dave, but maybe he could have one of those new exercise bikes:

"Meanwhile on the Peloton..."
Words are just turds
In sewers of sound
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Memphis Rich wrote:I like the treadmill idea Planet Dave, but maybe he could have one of those new exercise bikes:

:lol:
ruffers
Overbomber

Memphis Rich wrote:I like the treadmill idea Planet Dave, but maybe he could have one of those new exercise bikes:

Nice
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow