COVID-19 coronavirus

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
Pista
Cureboi

Being645 wrote:
Bartek wrote:...
And on the other hand there are fuckheads like this. This news makes my blood boil.
It's just disgusting. If anyone, that zero gives America a bad name... :urff: ...
As far as I know, the German govt have told him to sich verpissen
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Being645
Above the Chemist

Pista wrote:
Being645 wrote:
Bartek wrote:...
And on the other hand there are fuckheads like this. This news makes my blood boil.
It's just disgusting. If anyone, that zero gives America a bad name... :urff: ...
As far as I know, the German govt have told him to sich verpissen
They did. And also the company concerned have rejected his nasty approaches.
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

Americans are nation of trademen, from that point, and only from that point, I can undestand that. Plus, Trump was born in a wealthy family, he has inherited this wealth, and as study showed such people have askewed mentality - in his mind it's completely natural to make such proposal.
Being645
Above the Chemist

Bartek wrote:Americans are nation of trademen, from that point, and only from that point, I can undestand that. Plus, Trump was born in a wealthy family, he has inherited this wealth, and as study showed such people have askewed mentality - in his mind it's completely natural to make such proposal.
You mean within that poor dunce's limited horizon? Oh hell, I understand ... :urff: :lol: ...
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

I wouldn't say that; they're very good at selling, even things we didn't really want or need (productions of Marvel Studio, hair metal, reality shows, contest shows, anyone?).l
Swinnow
Overbomber

Well America did give us Stevie Nicks so I forgive them for Hair Metal, and not just to seek favour with certain guitarists.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

markfiend wrote:So we were told yesterday that we weren't allowed to work from home except for special circumstances. This morning we have been told we should work from home if possible!
I couldn't get my working-from-home setup working properly so I had to come into the office this afternoon. We've been told we're not allowed to WFH again tomorrow.

I've just been to use the office bathroom and there was a huge poo floating in the bowl. What chance have we got when some people are so careless?
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Pista
Cureboi

Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Swinnow
Overbomber

Couldn't resist a bit of blatant sectarianism...

eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Goodison's Toffee-viral's. :P
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

It turned out that it was a lie. US Gov, didn't asked to buy results of findings on Covid-19. click
I wouldn't expect that from Teh Guardian.
Being645
Above the Chemist

Curfew now in Belgium as well ... people are expected to work from home but may go out as long as they keep a distance of one and a half metres ....

Keep healthy everybody over there ... :) ...
Pista
Cureboi

Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Swinnow
Overbomber

Eurovision now too.

Could this be the end of camp disco? It had better not be!!!!!
Pista
Cureboi

Swinnow wrote:Eurovision now too.

Could this be the end of camp disco? It had better not be!!!!!
Iceland woz robbed
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Bartek
Underneath the Rock

That would be the worst day fo culture since death on Leonardo Da Vinci.
Swinnow
Overbomber

Pista wrote: Iceland woz robbed
Did they take all the bog rolls? :lol:
Pista
Cureboi

Swinnow wrote:
:lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Swinnow wrote:
:lol:
SmileySister
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

All UK school closing from Friday and GCSE's and A Levels cancelled. Stay well & safe xx
sultan2075
Overbomber

FWIW, I am hearing from a reliable source at my college that we will probably not be doing face-to-face classes until fall at the earliest.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
EvilBastard
Overbomber

SmileySister wrote:All UK school closing from Friday and GCSE's and A Levels cancelled. Stay well & safe xx
This is going to s-u-c-k for anyone who did not a stroke of work for their mocks and figured that they could pull it out of the hat for the real thing.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

EvilBastard wrote:
SmileySister wrote:All UK school closing from Friday and GCSE's and A Levels cancelled. Stay well & safe xx
This is going to s-u-c-k for anyone who did not a stroke of work for their mocks and figured that they could pull it out of the hat for the real thing.
They could have got better grade accuracy from the coursework... if Michael Gove hadn't decreed that many subjects should be assessed by exam rather than coursework.
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
abridged
Slight Overbomber

I work (as some of you good people may now) in the arts in Derry and am self employed. As the Republic is in lockdown and every arts organisation up here postponing or cancelling things, most of my projects have just stopped dead. If I was in the Republic I would at least get 200 euro a week on the dole or on sick-leave and straight away from new law just brought in. Up here I qualify for virtually no help, apart from possibly a few quid on Universal Credit which I am told is so complex and terrifying that many people give up on it. And it takes weeks to get. Many people freelance in the arts and elsewhere are in the same boat. I can stretch things out to last a couple of moths at most but then I'm not sure what will happen. Maybe this all will be back to normal. But maybe not. Sign of the times. Sigh. :(
The Chancer Corporation
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

And of course the scum spammers are all over it now. :roll: :evil:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-5 ... ndTfHttl-Y

Yeah most people know about this sort of stuff now, but there are still vulnerable people out there that will fall victim. :(