The Great Heartland Biscuit Thread™

Does exactly what it says on the tin. Some of the nonsense contained herein may be very loosely related to The Sisters of Mercy, but I wouldn't bet your PayPal account on it. In keeping with the internet's general theme nothing written here should be taken as Gospel: over three quarters of it is utter gibberish, and most of the forum's denizens haven't spoken to another human being face-to-face for decades. Don't worry your pretty little heads about it. Above all else, remember this: You don't have to stay forever. I will understand.
abridged
Slight Overbomber

EvilBastard wrote:Oh best beloveds, the time has come to share with you the most momentous news. Are you ready for this?

FUCT is pleased, proud, and honoured to announce that, in partnership with Netflix, it is sponsoring Vir Das' comedy special, "Vir Das: for India". In recognition of this, Mr Das has included in his routine an homage, not only to tea, but to the dunking of biscuits therein. Specifically, the Parle G biscuit which, in his benighted ignorance, he claims is the best biscuit in the world (sure, we gave them independence, but there was no effing way we were going to let them get their paws on Our Noble Bourbons, dammit!). While he is of course wrong, in this assessment, we here at FUCT recognise that he has to play to his home crowd.

Anyway, should you feel so inclined I heartily recommend this show to you, not only because of the biscuit-dunking material, but also the rest his stuff isn't bad either.
I feel a Mary Whitehouse moment coming on. Which is possibly the most disturbing thing I have ever written! :eek: :wink:
The Chancer Corporation
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

Somewhat tangential - next wednesday, 5-February, is that most important day on the calendar - World Nutella Day.

Tho, personally I won't be combining the art of dunking with Nutella.
My life is one long week of stupid clothing benders.
Tinker
Road Kill

https://www.cheshire-live.co.uk/whats-o ... e-17653642

Although, with toast and marmalade digestives, I wasn't sure whether this should be in the Bread Thread.[/url]
Swinnow
Overbomber

Hmmm, Cheshire Live, I had better seek legal opinion as to whether people with Wirral roots are still allowed to read this post 1974.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
Tinker
Road Kill

They're allowed to - whether they'd want to is a different matter.
Monstrous hell bride.
Tinker
Road Kill

To clarify, I'm not from Cheshire, I'm from St Helens. Our local paper doesn't carry biscuit news, just bin fires, stabbings and who's thrown themselves off the multi-storey car park this week.
Swinnow
Overbomber

The old Birkenhead News used to carry similar stories :(
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
abridged
Slight Overbomber

And you thought Trump was the worst the US could do. Ladies and gentlemen I give you biscuits specifically made for dunking! Is there no end to this perversity?!

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/06/styl ... fb-nytimes :eek: :eek:
The Chancer Corporation
Pista
Cureboi

From Viz on the twitters
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

Cat level trolling

:lol: :notworthy:
Pista
Cureboi

Charlie wrote:Cat level trolling

That is exactly the sort of thing my Polly would do :lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

Pista wrote:

Weird & Gilly as well. Monsters
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

EmmaPeelWannaBe wrote:
Pista wrote:

Weird & Gilly as well. Monsters
Yep mine as well - pretty much all cats let's face it! :lol:

A dog would just gobble the lot, cat just nibbles each one and sits back smugly and watches you :lol:
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

Just to confirm - my class stated that their least favourite biscuits were custard creams, followed by plain hobnobs.
I just can't keep living on dreams no more
EvilBastard
Overbomber

emilystrange wrote:Just to confirm - my class stated that their least favourite biscuits were custard creams, followed by plain hobnobs.
Custard Creams are Covid-19 in baked form, Nice biscuits are infused with SARS before they leave the factory, and it's a matter of public record that plain Hobnobs were Peter Sutcliffe's favourite bikkie.

On the other hand, when God rested on the 7th day She had a nice cuppa with plan chocolate digestives (dunked, natch), Bourbon's are on Public Health England's list of Protected Foodstuffs (limit 2 packets per customer, to prevent hoarding), and Garibaldi's have been taken on each and every single expedition sponsored by the British Antarctic Survey - Heroic Britons Get There With A Garibaldi.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
Pista
Cureboi

EvilBastard wrote:
Custard Creams are Covid-19 in baked form, Nice biscuits are infused with SARS before they leave the factory, and it's a matter of public record that plain Hobnobs were Peter Sutcliffe's favourite bikkie.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
ROBBIE
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

emilystrange wrote:Just to confirm - my class stated that their least favourite biscuits were custard creams, followed by plain hobnobs.
No one can say that the children in this country are not getting a proper education :?
"Genevieve, I think you're lovely But Genevieve, it's time” TSOM 2020
iesus
Overbomber

‎Nikolas Vitus Lagartija wrote: On this day April 1st 1983, TSOM played in Scotland for the first time, at Glasgow Night Moves club. Sisters insider Ste Boydson takes up the tale. “In the dressing room beforehand, the band was getting stuck into the rider – Craig went straight for the Tennant’s Super Strong but Andrew was intrigued by the Tunnock’s teacakes, which were that time unavailable in England and much bigger than the jammy Jacob’s variety sold in multipacks down south. He was utterly fascinated by them, describing them “as wide as lover’s eyesâ€� – he always fancied himself as a bit of a poet – and literally ran for another before they all disappeared. He even insisted that we stop off at Uddingston on the way back to Yorkshire to buy some more from the factory shop the following day. Whilst Ben completed his homework in the back of the van and the rest of the band went for a crafty fag, Andrew gazed up at the factory façade and peering over his shades uttered the immortal words: “If Old Trafford is ‘the theatre of dreams’, this must be ‘the temple of love’.â€� Just then the back skies opened and we all ran for cover in the van. Months later, I asked if he’d finished the artwork for the new single, saying that fans had been amusing themselves working out where he’d nicked the previous cover images from – you know, Matisse for Alice, Bacon for Body Electric. Smoothing out the wrapper of the Tunnock’s teacake he’d just polished off with a cup of Earl Grey, he replied “Are they really? What a caper. I’ll fool them.â€�
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Pista
Cureboi

We've been dunking wrong this whole time.
Here's the science
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

Pista wrote:We've been dunking wrong this whole time.
Here's the science
Flat dunking?! What foolery is this.

Never mind skimming the edge, just get it in there and stop messing about!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
mh
Above the Chemist

Flat dunking????

If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Pista
Cureboi

:lol:
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Pista
Cureboi

Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Pista wrote:Uh oh!

They won't live among us for long. While FUCT is maintaining social distancing, we've just received our shipment of 3m long Sticks Of Righteousness in order to discipline these miscreants appropriately.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
emilystrange
Above the Chemist

:lol:
I just can't keep living on dreams no more