Favourite sisters live vids

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
czuczu
Overbomber

Planet Dave wrote:
czuczu wrote:
Planet Dave wrote: The cover? Yup here you go :)

https://mega.nz/#!m7QgRSyB!CLWJX_fwsNjg ... DDlaxf72xE
:notworthy:

Incredible, thank you! Was well chuffed to find a pair of these discs - though I suspect they may be a lacking a little in the era of 4k..

There were 4 sets originally, 3 were weeded but the forth covering 92-93 is probably lost forever...
Glad to be able to help Stu. Aren't these compilations yours? I don't have the actual discs anymore but the cover was lurking in and amongst a disc full of such things, I think Rise & Reverberate compiled the artwork disc, maybe? Pretty sure I've still got the Tour Thing discs.

Right, lets see if I can remember how to copy and burn dvds so Dom Conway can bask in the glory of the Live 2006 end-credits sequence 8)
Yep, I put all three together - discs and sleeves for Tour Thing, Powerlines and Event Horizon. I was immensely proud of Tour Thing at the time, it had extra features! :lol:

Got lucky and found a box with my original master copies and the printed artwork for 2 of them. I'm pretty sure the 2 disc Overbombing (92-93) is gone forever, I never got round to weeding it. There are probably better sources circulating now anyway. If I had the time to do one now then I'd probably do a Catalyst era one :)
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

czuczu wrote:If I had the time to do one now then I'd probably do a Catalyst era one :)
In this modern era of several billion youtube clips per show that would be some undertaking. You'd need to hire an assistant just to find the best video of Top Nite Out. Maybe a Chris video should simply be a compilation of Top Nite Out clips :lol: :notworthy:

I say modern era, my TV is 720p so the old vids are holding up just fine ;D
czuczu
Overbomber

Planet Dave wrote:
czuczu wrote:If I had the time to do one now then I'd probably do a Catalyst era one :)
In this modern era of several billion youtube clips per show that would be some undertaking. You'd need to hire an assistant just to find the best video of Top Nite Out. Maybe a Chris video should simply be a compilation of Top Nite Out clips :lol: :notworthy:

I say modern era, my TV is 720p so the old vids are holding up just fine ;D
Chris' best bits has to contain this - especially from 0:50 onwards. Sublime ;)

https://youtu.be/zqo0jGQLr1Q
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Okay so DVD copying. I never really got into the mechanics of DVD files/folders etc, or indeed how any of the process works. I used to use imageburn to copy PS2 DVDs which was a simple enough process, is this the way to go with 'movie' DVDs? ie create ISO from existing disc then burn ISO onto a blank? Will that ISO play on a DVD player?

edit - fabulous vid, that kinda overhamming is exactly what springs to mind when I think of (Robo)Chris(t) and On Stage with The Sisters. 80 minutes of that sorta thing would be fairly glorious. Plus of course that Vision Thing from wherever it was in Europe in 2009 played by Chris and Ben only. The kind of performance that may lead one to suggest Von goes and plays guitar with Ghost so Chris can sing for The Sisters :von:
czuczu
Overbomber

If you have the iso or VIDEO_TS folder with all the vob and wotnot files in then you should be good - I thought nearly all authoring/burning stuff could handle them.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

czuczu wrote:If you have the iso or VIDEO_TS folder with all the vob and wotnot files in then you should be good - I thought nearly all authoring/burning stuff could handle them.
It's a disc with the 2 standard folders, ie the one you mention and whatever the other standard dvd folder is. I've no idea of what process is required for DVDs. Imageburn has an option to create ISO from disc, so basically if I do that, then burn the created ISO to a blank DVD, will that disc then play on a DVD player? If not I'll just send Dom my disc.
czuczu
Overbomber

That sounds right - the AUDIO_TS is normally empty so create an ISO then burn it. You may even be able to skip the iso bit but there's no harm in doing (except hd space, I guess).

Some packages do a test then write thing should save you wasting discs if there are any issues.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Cool cheers Stu, I'll crack on with that plan then. It's mildly disturbing that I've zero recollection of how to do this stuff, though I guess whatever info did lurk in my head got all mixed up with the game-disc burning of more recent years. Even that is out-of-date now. Roll on the days when we just send an impulse to our neuralink and the video immediately transmits and appears in the recipients brainal cortex :lol:
Swinnow
Overbomber

Yeah, you only need burn the whole VIDEO_TS folder as the AUDIO_TS one is empty for a regular video DVD.
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
elamanamou
Slight Overbomber

Rock City 2020. Brief vid clip- "This Corrosion" - Smiley Sister, EPW, Alison and a headband! Top Nite! :notworthy:
Jan
Amphetamine Filth

czuczu wrote:https://youtu.be/Hy8mlGCqnH4

Sweet :D
From what gig? Need to find a decent recording of this, SKOS here is hautingly beautiful
"For, in the final analysis, our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children's future. And we are all mortal." (John F. Kennedy, 1963)
Pista
Cureboi

Jan wrote:

From what gig? Need to find a decent recording of this, SKOS here is hautingly beautiful
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
czuczu
Overbomber

Jan wrote:

Loreley 92, think there are 2 aud recordings doing the rounds and 2 different video sources. It was an absolute stunner, one of my fav's :von: :notworthy:
jost 7
Slight Overbomber

czuczu wrote:
Jan wrote:

Loreley 92, think there are 2 aud recordings doing the rounds and 2 different video sources. It was an absolute stunner, one of my fav's :von: :notworthy:
Indeed. What a great day there, fantastic gig & atmosphere.
Let me try again, if anyone could provide the second audio source it were great. Thanks
love is just a shot away
czuczu
Overbomber

jost 7 wrote:
czuczu wrote:
Jan wrote: From what gig? Need to find a decent recording of this, SKOS here is hautingly beautiful
Indeed. What a great day there, fantastic gig & atmosphere.
Let me try again, if anyone could provide the second audio source it were great. Thanks
It's in my top 5, even the rain was amazing! I was on the barrier, sinking into the mud when they came on :)
The 2 vid sources are in Sharing at the mo, the Dark Paradise silvers are easily found. I'm sure the other aud has been on here at some point but I don't have it to share anymore.
jost 7
Slight Overbomber

These are, thanks. I even once did a video compiling dark paradise cd with the other video - and was then very kindly informed about dark paradise being a video also .. but my edit is complete.
Its eggis audio i am looking for, offered few years ago here
love is just a shot away
elamanamou
Slight Overbomber

A huge thanks to all the guys who film snippets/ full coverage of gigs- past and present and kindly download them for all of us all to see. A huge Thankyou. One of my favourite gigs / https://youtu.be/NjWyJ_bpxrw
czuczu
Overbomber

elamanamou wrote:A huge thanks to all the guys who film snippets/ full coverage of gigs- past and present and kindly download them for all of us all to see. A huge Thankyou. One of my favourite gigs / https://youtu.be/NjWyJ_bpxrw
Rough crowd that night! Was a goodie though, that whole tour was a winner :)
elamanamou
Slight Overbomber

czuczu wrote:
elamanamou wrote:A huge thanks to all the guys who film snippets/ full coverage of gigs- past and present and kindly download them for all of us all to see. A huge Thankyou. One of my favourite gigs / https://youtu.be/NjWyJ_bpxrw
Rough crowd that night! Was a goodie though, that whole tour was a winner :)
"Welcome To London Fashion Week" :)
Pista
Cureboi

I think the Whistle Test FALAA & Marian could be my favourite.
I watched them today & the aftermath of FALAA where they had filled the studio with smoke is just so funny
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Swinnow
Overbomber

Pista wrote:I think the Whistle Test FALAA & Marian could be my favourite.
I watched them today & the aftermath of FALAA where they had filled the studio with smoke is just so funny
True, the dry ice and guitar malfunction was just Sisters to the max :notworthy:
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
sentenza
Amphetamine Filth

I'm like stu considering that the exxile on euphoria 'one was absolutly stunning. One of the best was Bonn 2001. And I'm pretty sure that there are some videos catch of this gig in the background of the suzanne'clip....
"this is the revenge of the fuckwit"
elamanamou
Slight Overbomber

sentenza wrote:I'm like stu considering that the exxile on euphoria 'one was absolutly stunning. One of the best was Bonn 2001. And I'm pretty sure that there are some videos catch of this gig in the background of the suzanne'clip....
Went to Bonn 2001. One of the best! :) I never realised there were any video's of this gig? :)
sentenza
Amphetamine Filth

elamanamou wrote:
sentenza wrote:I'm like stu considering that the exxile on euphoria 'one was absolutly stunning. One of the best was Bonn 2001. And I'm pretty sure that there are some videos catch of this gig in the background of the suzanne'clip....
Went to Bonn 2001. One of the best! :) I never realised there were any video's of this gig? :)
It's like a myth, never know...But yeah, it was rock and roll ;)
"this is the revenge of the fuckwit"