Black Sail

Got any interesting thoughts on a set of lyrics? Any that don't involve the word "indeed"? Find yourself struggling to decipher all those obtuse references Von makes? Read "1959 And All That" and still no clearer? Nope, us neither. Postcards found lying in a skip around the back of the Chemists can be found here... Don't say you weren't warned.
Spiggy Sage
Road Kill

elamanamou wrote:My favourite Sisters new song
Yeah, you're right..took me a while, but..yeah :notworthy:
I don't know if you were wrong, but I fail to see the point of being right.
alanm
Amphetamine Filth

I posted it lightheartedly in a thread elsewhere, but I'm pasting it here for posterity because I'm not really joking, I think there's an argument to be made that it's all about... not releasing albums.

It's all one big troll.

Code: Select all

And in a gap between the stars.         >  stars = released albums
There is no captain till you do.        >  Von will do whatever the f$ck he pleases
We threw a line; we did not deep it.    >  he promised a release but didn't mean it
They were many, we are few.             >  there are lots of new songs! but studio recording is tedious

I keep my fireworks on the bridge.      >  Von keeps his recordings to himself
Hurl the crew from side to side.        >  he likes to f$ck around with his band members
Unfurl the sail, the world is wide.     >  he has other important stuff to do
They were many, we are few.             >  there are lots of new songs!! but releasing records is hard work

Heave away, heave away, boys.           >  the band members helped him write new songs
That's what you do.                     >  that's what they're for
Heave away, heave away, boys.           >  yup they fell for it
They were many, we are few.             >  lots of songs!!! but not for you
Do you remember a time when angels... do you remember a time when fear?
In the days when I was stronger, in the days when you were here?
LyanvisAberrant
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

I'd say that's reasonable.
A man with a fictitious grin pondered the terrain in which he flooded with anguish, for this is England. The lion cannot be tamed, this is the game.
Dr. Moody
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

:von: quoting Shelley again..

Rise, like lions after slumber
In unvanquishable number!
Shake your chains to earth like dew
Which in sleep had fallen on you:
Ye are many—they are few!"

The Masque of Anarchy (or The Mask of Anarchy) is a British political poem written in 1819 (see 1819 in poetry) by Percy Bysshe Shelley following the Peterloo Massacre of that year. In his call for freedom, it is perhaps the first modern statement of the principle of nonviolent resistance.

Also thought the "Black between the stars" (or the "space between the stars" as it was in earlier versions) is the EU flag without the UK.
dardling
Road Kill

Many feelings and pictures come to me from these lines; Greek sailing hero princes, 2001 space travel, a captain of a band of sisters all being boys, a rock band from the early eighties that rose from a squalid hole and also endless gulfs of morons.

Interestingly the first line has changed on the homepage and now reads "And in a gap between the stars".
czuczu
Overbomber

Dr. Moody wrote: 31 Aug 2020, 21:00 :von: quoting Shelley again..

Rise, like lions after slumber
In unvanquishable number!
Shake your chains to earth like dew
Which in sleep had fallen on you:
Ye are many—they are few!"

The Masque of Anarchy (or The Mask of Anarchy) is a British political poem written in 1819 (see 1819 in poetry) by Percy Bysshe Shelley following the Peterloo Massacre of that year. In his call for freedom, it is perhaps the first modern statement of the principle of nonviolent resistance.

Also thought the "Black between the stars" (or the "space between the stars" as it was in earlier versions) is the EU flag without the UK.
Fecking G̶o̶t̶h̶s̶ Mods :innocent:

Quiff Boy
Herr Administrator

Something something money something takeaway curry something something home to my wife.

- Yeats

Probably
What’s the difference between a buffalo and a bison?
Swinnow
Overbomber

Quiff Boy wrote: 24 Mar 2021, 19:55 Something something money something takeaway curry something something home to my wife.

- Yeats

Probably
My inner alcoholic suggests Yates's not Yeats :lol:
....if I have to explain, then you'll never understand....
paint it black
Black, black, black & even blacker

We did not deep it = fathom it = work it out
Goths have feelings too
ozjohn1
Amphetamine Filth

Um, i think he has just been watching Netflix drama of the same name, The last words of the pirate Charles Vane, 'They are many we are few'. plus all of the above, obviously, to make it intertextual.
smug as hell, they're coming...