2022-04-11. Stadthalle Fürth (Formerly Nürnberg) DE

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2020 and 2022
Kutan
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

May I ask for one small correction in the thread title?
Fürth is a city of its own, directly bordering Nürnberg, but definitely not a part of it. There is a traditional rivalry between those two cities.
The Sisters played Fürth once already, in 2003.
Pista
Cureboi

Sorted ;)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Being645
Above the Chemist

Still wrong. The gig has obviously been moved from the Löwensaal in Nuremberg to the Stadthalle in Fürth, which is a different city.

Thanks for the hint, Kutan ... :) ...
markfiend
goriller of form 3b

I updated the thread title
The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.
—Bertrand Russell
Depprocksfarfar

What´s the difference between those venues capacity-vice?
Kutan

Stadthalle Fürth is bigger- that's why there are now tickets available while it used to be sold out for 2 years.

(The other difference is that I can now walk there, by the way)
Andrew S
Slight Overbomber

Sadly I can no longer make this date. Anyone looking for a ticket, please see my post on the Spare tickets thread. Thanks.
RIP Dale: 1994 - 2009
Being645
Above the Chemist

Monday ... ;D ;D ;D ...
Being645
Above the Chemist

Oh hell, the doors should open soon ... ;D ;D ;D ... loads of fun and joy to everybody over there and best wishes for a wonderful gig ... ;D ;D ;D ...
Pista
Cureboi

Have a jolly nice time everyone :)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Husek
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

More
Don't drive on ice
Crash and burn
Marian
FALAA
Lucretia
Temple
Corrosion

That's all I could gather from Instagram so far, if I had to bet I'd say it's the same setlist from the other nights
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

Setlist pic has now appeared on Facebook and it is indeed the same set:

More
Don't Drive On Ice
Ribbons
Doctor Jeep / Detonation Boulevard
Crash And Burn
I Will Call You
Alice
But Genevieve
First And Last And Always
Marian
Instrumental 86
Giving Ground
Show Me
I Was Wrong
Here
Black Sail
Lucretia, My Reflection
Temple Of Love
This Corrosion
LyanvisAberrant
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Here is sounding good!
A man with a fictitious grin pondered the terrain in which he flooded with anguish, for this is England. The lion cannot be tamed, this is the game.
sukhoi

And something more from yesterday - sorry for just a part, my phone memory was getting full :lol:

Enjoy anyway :von:
Last edited by sukhoi on 12 Apr 2022, 10:14, edited 1 time in total.
sukhoi

LyanvisAberrant wrote: 12 Apr 2022, 10:05
Here is sounding good!
Being645
Above the Chemist

Thank you all for the setlist and for editing it into the wiki ... :kiss: :D ...

And for the videos. HERE sounds very good. Very nice guitars there ... :D :notworthy: ...
The vocals are just perfect for this song and its lyrics. Well, of course, they have written it themselves.
Seems to have been a calmer gig, and not to any disadvantage ... :D ...

SHOW ME sounds so great, très dommage that the video is cut. But still, many, many thanks for this ... :notworthy: ;D :kiss:

Here's the page, btw
https://sisterswiki.org/Mon,_11-Apr-2022
Being645
Above the Chemist

A calmer gig? Haha, maybe for the calmer tracks ... ;D ;D ;D ..
Kutan

It definitely wasn't calm, at least in front of the stage where I was...
Great gig, lots of German announcements by Andrew ("Ich erwarte viel von Euch" before This Corrosion, e.g.), really nice evening.
Kutan

Local "newspaper" Fürther Nachrichten wrote a review that was basically an insolence to everyone who was there.

This is the Google translation of their "review":

ALL ASHES

The Sisters of Mercy fogged the town hall. And made nostalgic noises over it.

by Peter Romir

"Tradition is not the worship of the ashes, but the passing on of the fire," said the poet Thomas More. Of course, the English Renaissance poet wasn't thinking of his compatriots from the band Sisters of Mercy. But a look at the audience in the well, not very well attended Stadthalle makes it clear that this is exactly what many fans have planned for this evening: show their now grown children what mom and dad saw in this band back in the eighties.

Songs with the power of a steam ram, dark electronic beats, the deep voice of Andrew Eldritch, framed by ethereal background vocals. With songs like "Temple of Love", "This Corrosion" or "Vision Thing", the band from Leeds motivated the teenagers to hit the dance floor and shout out their needs: "I need all the love I can get! AND I WANT MORE!"

But already with the first song - actually and of all things "More", isn't that a perfect encore? - one thing is clear: it won't work. The sound is a single mush. Eldritch's once distinctive voice is a sparse croak that barely gets over the beats and keeps dropping out completely. The rhythm runs off the tape, guitarists Ben Christo and Dylan Smith pose left and right, who more badly replace the ethereal female choirs. It's hard to tell if they're playing live as the sisters are backlit and completely fogged up.

This basic principle does not change at all throughout the evening. The nostalgia program is cranked down extremely listlessly and with minimal contact with the audience. The Sisters haven't written any new songs for 30 years anyway.

That might work for another band. You could enjoy Deep Purple or Genesis in pitch darkness, even if the sound was modest and they didn't play a song younger than 40 years old. But the Sisters show all too clearly how monotonous the work is: the drum machine rumbles in the dark. Lots of ash. zero flame.

However, the evening has one good thing: the opening act. Hugs Of The Sky from Belgium sound as if seventies psychedelica had been crossed with the sound of a spaghetti western, and in their almost 20 minutes they bring more fun and variety to the stage than the headliners.

Caption for the photo (of Hugs Of The Sky): At least the support act was great, Hugs Of The Sky from Limburg, here guitarist Chris Marrok. The FN would also have liked to include the Sisters of Mercy in the picture. But because of the unacceptable contractual demands of the tour organizer, we decided against it.

Besides the fact that you could hear Eldritch perfectly, and that there was no fog at all, this is my letter to the editor (I wonder if they will dare to print it):

You're perfectly entitled to slam The Sisters of Mercy if you don't like a concert (although I suspect that was due to the photo guidelines). In any case, you should keep a bit of journalistic diligence. When the critic declares the concert to be a nostalgic event, because the Sisters haven't written a song for 30 years anyway, he obviously left the hall after the first song (the only one that was mentioned by name). Otherwise he could have noticed that a total of 7 songs that are less than 3 years old were played. And someone who complains at a Sisters concert about the fact that the rhythm comes from the tape completely disqualifies themselves. The drum computer is a basic requirement, the Sisters don't exist without a drum computer. If the critic would rather cover Deep Purple (what was the point of the random, unrelated band names in the criticism), why not just do it?

If anyone fluent in German wants to write them a nice letter, the address is: nn-ihre-meinung@vnp.de

Morons.