2022-04-01. Muziekgieterij, Maastricht NL

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters live in 2020 and 2022
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

yes!! hometown gig, have lots of fun guys!!!!!
Pista
Cureboi

Have a top nite out everyone :)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
FireInReptileHouse
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Just like to also wish everyone who's going a fab night, hope for new songs again. They killed last night.
we will steal what we cannot buy when all is stole from us
Being645
Above the Chemist

It was a lovely night out. The gig was sold out, the venue full, but not unbearably crowed. Smoking only outside, in the rain without a roof, but hell. All new shirts on sale at the merch, including the girlie one, but unfortunately not the lovely hoodie with the zip, damned. The only other thing available was a set of postcards with the t-shirt motives, which I definitely preferred.

Meeting all the people again after such a long time was a pleasure in itself ... :D ... greetings to everyone and see you next in Liege ...

As to the concert, support act were A.A. WILLIAMS , meanwhile a four-piece band with more songs. I like them, although I'm clearly even further off from their reigns than before. One track got played live for the first time. I had no idea where this could go in the beginning, but yeah, that was a good one and well done.

The Sisters did the same setlist as yesterday, which was fine with me as obviously, they were in playing mood ... :) ... by Dr Jeep / Detonation Boulevard they had reached the necessary activation level ... ;D ... and all following songs were vivid and exciting. I really like the musical arrangement of I Will Call You and also the way it took tonight. Anyway, there was absolutely nothing to complain about the sound or Eldritch's voice and vocals. Well, maybe Black Sail was somewhat unsharply leaning to one side this time. As to the older songs, the sound and mood seemed closer back to the 90s and 2000s, with this certain harshness in the approach that always makes me wonder. But one never knows, might well have been the place where I was. Anyway, I enjoyed the concert. It was so good to hear all these tracks and see The Sisters play live again and as of today. A pleasure.

I sometimes wonder how a band can manage to create something new of a song they played a thousand times. This version of Flood II, though, was - again - beyond everything heard so far and the following Never Land accordingly impressive. Vision Thing was not played but would've been somewhat out of place and superfluous tonight... the utterly storming version of Lucretia in the encores surely did a better job ... followed by Temple of Love and another This Corrosion party at the end, the latter far more enjoyable for me than over the past few years, a compound effect of the entirety of the gig. The new songs played merge frictionlessly with the old tracks in every respect ... lol ... and I'm absolutely looking forward with pleasure to further developments ... ;D ... I didn't miss Dominion, there was enough of it in the other songs.

The according SistersWiki page is in the making ...
Fodderstompf
Amphetamine Filth

Am I wrong, or has FALAA completely different lyrics?
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Being645 wrote: 02 Apr 2022, 02:12 It was a lovely night out. The gig was sold out, the venue full, but not unbearably crowed. Smoking only outside, in the rain without a roof, but hell. All new shirts on sale at the merch, including the girlie one, but unfortunately not the lovely hoodie with the zip, damned. The only other thing available was a set of postcards with the t-shirt motives, which I definitely preferred.

Meeting all the people again after such a long time was a pleasure in itself ... :D ... greetings to everyone and see you next in Liege ...

As to the concert, support act were A.A. WILLIAMS , meanwhile a four-piece band with more songs. I like them, although I'm clearly even further off from their reigns than before. One track got played live for the first time. I had no idea where this could go in the beginning, but yeah, that was a good one and well done.

The Sisters did the same setlist as yesterday, which was fine with me as obviously, they were in playing mood ... :) ... by Dr Jeep / Detonation Boulevard they had reached the necessary activation level ... ;D ... and all following songs were vivid and exciting. I really like the musical arrangement of I Will Call You and also the way it took tonight. Anyway, there was absolutely nothing to complain about the sound or Eldritch's voice and vocals. Well, maybe Black Sail was somewhat unsharply leaning to one side this time. As to the older songs, the sound and mood seemed closer back to the 90s and 2000s, with this certain harshness in the approach that always makes me wonder. But one never knows, might well have been the place where I was. Anyway, I enjoyed the concert. It was so good to hear all these tracks and see The Sisters play live again and as of today. A pleasure.

I sometimes wonder how a band can manage to create something new of a song they played a thousand times. This version of Flood II, though, was - again - beyond everything heard so far and the following Never Land accordingly impressive. Vision Thing was not played but would've been somewhat out of place and superfluous tonight... the utterly storming version of Lucretia in the encores surely did a better job ... followed by Temple of Love and another This Corrosion party at the end, the latter far more enjoyable for me than over the past few years, a compound effect of the entirety of the gig. The new songs played merge frictionlessly with the old tracks in every respect ... lol ... and I'm absolutely looking forward with pleasure to further developments ... ;D ... I didn't miss Dominion, there was enough of it in the other songs.

now that's a review! glad you had a good one. 8)
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Charlie
Slight Overbomber

Being645 wrote: 02 Apr 2022, 02:12 It was a lovely night out. The gig was sold out, the venue full, but not unbearably crowed. Smoking only outside, in the rain without a roof, but hell. All new shirts on sale at the merch, including the girlie one, but unfortunately not the lovely hoodie with the zip, damned. The only other thing available was a set of postcards with the t-shirt motives, which I definitely preferred.

Yes! :D So glad you had a fab night, about time you got to go and enjoy yourself again - you put so much work into the wiki covering gigs, so it's lovely to hear about your own night out! :D :D

AND you still managed to find the time to whip up a wiki page for the gig after - absolute legend! :lol: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Being645
Above the Chemist

Whatever, here are some wonderful videsos from the show ... with many thanks to MrBlonde
and to Ingo ... :D :notworthy: :notworthy: ...

Last edited by Being645 on 02 Apr 2022, 15:11, edited 1 time in total.
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

everything's flowing there; good to see.
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
iesus
Overbomber

Love Neverland <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
Hope they play the chorus sometime ( Chania Chania gkouh gkouh ) :twisted: :notworthy: :bat: :bat:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Gothicbiff

Thanks so much for the review Being645 :D
Sounds like you, and everyone there, had a great night
I have seen The Sisters at The Paradiso. I will die happy
With massive thanks to Ruffers for his company and help.
A girl is never too old to wear a Sisters tshirt!
spyroseldritch
Road Kill

Great review indeed! That's how I felt about this one as well! It was great seeing you 8)
I see dumb people
ruffers
Overbomber

Great review, thanks
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
OLDFART

Nice review , thanks and sounds like it was a great night out .
sukhoi
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

Thank you for the review Being645, fantastic! Will you to come Liege btw?
Being645
Above the Chemist

sziamiau wrote: 03 Apr 2022, 18:59 Thank you for the review Being645, fantastic! Will you to come Liege btw?
Yes ... :D :D :D ...
sziamiau
Slight Overbomber

Being645 wrote: 03 Apr 2022, 20:08
sziamiau wrote: 03 Apr 2022, 18:59 Thank you for the review Being645, fantastic! Will you to come Liege btw?
yayyyyyy will see you there!
Being645
Above the Chemist

sziamiau wrote: 03 Apr 2022, 21:02
Being645 wrote: 03 Apr 2022, 20:08
yayyyyyy will see you there!
Perfect ... :D ...
godgirl
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Being645 wrote: 02 Apr 2022, 02:12. The only other thing available was a set of postcards with the t-shirt motives, which I definitely preferred.
Anyone know/remember how much the postcards cost?

Thanks!

:eek: :notworthy: :innocent:

Marge x
"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised God doesn't work that way, so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness"
Being645
Above the Chemist

godgirl wrote: 12 Jun 2022, 17:37
Being645 wrote: 02 Apr 2022, 02:12. The only other thing available was a set of postcards with the t-shirt motives, which I definitely preferred.
Anyone know/remember how much the postcards cost?

Thanks!

:eek: :notworthy: :innocent:

Marge x
10 €