Interview With Andrew in 'Louder' 11.5.23

Post your reviews of Sisters-related material or interviews with Sisters-related musicians here. And don't believe the hype: 1985 most definitely is a fashion statement.
MAndrews
Amphetamine Filth

MrChris
Slight Overbomber

Very good interview, cheers!
Chris

---------------------------------------------
Again and again and again...
Dr. Moody
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Fantastic, many mysteries solved. Enjoyed that. Sterling work.
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

Very entertaining read, thanks a lot Mark! :notworthy:
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Yep excellent read, as always. Cheers. Good to know it's not completely catastrophic to misinterpret whatever the f he's on about in his lyrics :lol: :wink:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
mh
Above the Chemist

Nice! It does feel weird to have "96 below the wave" finally explained after all these years, though! :lol:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Ian1971
Amphetamine Filth

https://www.loudersound.com/features/th ... gH1avIn8Kk

Forgot to add that it's Mark Andrews having the chat.
Last edited by Ian1971 on 11 May 2023, 22:31, edited 1 time in total.
Being645
Above the Chemist

See also this thread ... :) ...

But here's clearly the right place to store it ... :D ... nice read, btw ... :von: :) ...
Ian1971
Amphetamine Filth

Being645 wrote: 11 May 2023, 22:18 See also this thread ... :) ...

But here's clearly the right place to store it ... :D ... nice read, btw ... :von: :) ...
Bloody hell, didn't see that.
H. Blackrose
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

So: did the March Violets get the name for their song "Children on Stun" from this earlier band that Eldritch was in?

And Brian Eno is a Roger Waters-style Putin apologist?!?
"We're Hawkwind and this is a song about love."
Wilkstein
Road Kill

Great interview. And no, Eno, is not some kind of Putin apologist ala Waters.
euphoria
Slight Overbomber

By the way, what did you think about this? I'm highly sceptical but obviously can't say for sure since I have no inside knowledge.
The material closest to becoming a record was the Adam Pearson/Mike Varjak/Eldritch songs from 1997/98?

Well, I wouldn’t say close! You’re talking degrees of obsidian here.

Adam (Pearson, guitar 1993-2005) was always in two minds about whether he wanted that stuff published or not – he had certain stipulations on the legal front, and then he didn’t and then he did again – and I thought, “Well, this is getting complicated, I’m going to stop discussing that with him.” He was within his rights to do that, by the way. Songwriters can do that – I’m not having a go at him. The songs were put to one side accordingly.
Being645
Above the Chemist

euphoria wrote: 13 May 2023, 17:03 By the way, what did you think about this? I'm highly sceptical but obviously can't say for sure since I have no inside knowledge.
The material closest to becoming a record was the Adam Pearson/Mike Varjak/Eldritch songs from 1997/98?

Well, I wouldn’t say close! You’re talking degrees of obsidian here.

Adam (Pearson, guitar 1993-2005) was always in two minds about whether he wanted that stuff published or not – he had certain stipulations on the legal front, and then he didn’t and then he did again – and I thought, “Well, this is getting complicated, I’m going to stop discussing that with him.” He was within his rights to do that, by the way. Songwriters can do that – I’m not having a go at him. The songs were put to one side accordingly.
Obviously, that's exactly what happened. Back, fro, back, fro and finally no. I don't think there was much fuss about this at the time (apart from some self-announced funmasters ever more aggressively demanding a new album). Anyway, Adam didn't leave the band in anger; he just wanted to live his life in another direction ... and so he did. Maybe, it was also bad luck, though, that his studio burned down some time in the early 2000s, IIRC ... :wink: ...
hellboy69

The Rockstar Games missed opportunity thing is really stressing me out!
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

hellboy69 wrote: 07 Jun 2023, 21:36 The Rockstar Games missed opportunity thing is really stressing me out!
Don't let it! :lol: they effed their chance, probably for the best in the long run. I never much fancied the modern-day hoodlumery of GTA, and reckon Von would be better advised to hide his next album in Night City in whatever form Cyberpunk 2 takes. The first game has SISTERS painted across it in Overbombing technicolour in everything but direct reference 8) :notworthy:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
hellboy69

Planet Dave wrote: 07 Jun 2023, 22:02
hellboy69 wrote: 07 Jun 2023, 21:36 The Rockstar Games missed opportunity thing is really stressing me out!
Don't let it! :lol: they effed their chance, probably for the best in the long run. I never much fancied the modern-day hoodlumery of GTA, and reckon Von would be better advised to hide his next album in Night City in whatever form Cyberpunk 2 takes. The first game has SISTERS painted across it in Overbombing technicolour in everything but direct reference 8) :notworthy:
I have an overwhelming urge to dig out that old Blade Runner PC game… Cheers Dave!