2023-09-22 The Roundhouse, London, UK

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters 2023 tour.
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Safe travels everyone, see you in the Enterprise, or outside it, or across the road from it :D :D :D should be at the Enterprise around 2, will be wearing Metallica St Anger / Leeds Festival t-shirt and black / red leather jacket on arrival, feck knows what later.

Note to Ben and Dylan - if you think that couple you see on the front row rocking the fk out for the entirety of the gig are deserving recipients of a fancy guitar pick each, you're right ;D :wink:
Last edited by Planet Dave on 21 Sep 2023, 15:21, edited 1 time in total.
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
LyanvisAberrant
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Place your bets now: in DDOI, are we gonna be in "Andrew town" or just "any town"?
A man with a fictitious grin pondered the terrain in which he flooded with anguish, for this is England. The lion cannot be tamed, this is the game.
Gothicbiff

I'm like a child at Xmas today... too excited to do, or concentrate on, anything :lol:
Looking forward to seeing some familiar, and new, faces in The Enterprise :hl:
I have seen The Sisters at The Paradiso. I will die happy
With massive thanks to Ruffers for his company and help.
A girl is never too old to wear a Sisters tshirt!
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

LyanvisAberrant wrote: 21 Sep 2023, 14:56 Place your bets now: in DDOI, are we gonna be in "Andrew town" or just "any town"?
Just looking forward to hearing it live really, alongside any and all of whichever other new-in-2022 songs they choose to play :D I'll play along though and guess anytown, doubt he'd ever consider London 'Andrewtown', even in his safe haven of The Roundhouse. But wtf do I know :lol:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

Looking forward to seeing all and new. I’m taking wine with me on my 7am coach which is a really silly idea but I like silly ideas.
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
OLDFART

Hope everyone has a great weekend, won’t be there on account of shielding after my latest MS infusion on Tuesday but will definitely be at Notts and hopefully wolves , keep the reviews coming ! .
Incoming!
Amphetamine Filth

I’m at the Enterprise. No tickets. Hope they come tomorrow. God save the King if I don’t get them. :wink:
This place is death with walls
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

Planet Dave wrote: 19 Sep 2023, 14:40
eastmidswhizzkid wrote: 19 Sep 2023, 13:25 i dont know about you lot but the weekend is starting to look within touching distance and the excitement levels are gradually creeping up. so its a 24 audio marathon at a volume level i am cvomfortabble with -next door probably less so - and a big bag of persian carpets. Slainte! 8) :von:
:lol: :notworthy: yes indeed Brother, am now officially on annual leave, Charlie is, uhm, 2 hours from the end of her last shift, nowt but giddiness haircuts and trains between now and the Enterprise. Reckon we'll be there around 2ish, we got you a prezzie of course so hopefully see you in there before we go queue to pick up our tickets etc. Been on a Roundhouse vibe today, bootlegs of the Doors, Motorhead's very first gig and Sunday night 2021 been rolling out the speakers. Can't wait to be back there for SistersFest 2023 :von: 8) :D :D :D
aww aint you nice! should be at the enterprise shortly after you. 8)
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat:
Cause & Effect
Road Kill

One more big sleep to go then planes, long trains and automobiles, then the enterprise and 2 nights of much needed and long awaited cheer, enjoy yourselves everyone 😀
vince
Road Kill

Incoming! wrote: 21 Sep 2023, 18:27 I’m at the Enterprise. No tickets. Hope they come tomorrow. God save the King if I don’t get them. :wink:
I don't know how you bought your tickets, but I bought direct from the Roundhouse and they now have digital tickets that are available when you log into your Roundhouse account. It might be worth checking that just in case. The QR codes don't appear on the tickets until 2 hours before the gig. You can share them via email/text if you've bought them for friends but it recommends doing that prior to the gig.
abridged
Slight Overbomber

I'm still waiting for mine also. If you bought them with Ticketmaster for some reason the Roundhouse handle them but don't send them out til ridiculously late. Really annoying! :roll:
The Chancer Corporation
Pista
Cureboi

Safe travels to everyone going & have an utterly bastard groovy time
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
godgirl
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

abridged wrote: 22 Sep 2023, 10:59 I'm still waiting for mine also. If you bought them with Ticketmaster for some reason the Roundhouse handle them but don't send them out til ridiculously late. Really annoying! :roll:
This, and Roundhouse being not for profit, are why I always buy directly from them, never via another site.

Well, I didn't know that Ticketbastard was doing this but I always buy direct from The Roundhouse.

Not sure why others haven't worked this one out by now. :eek: I mean, I guess if you have a voucher or gift certificate or something it might make it cheaper elsewhere but otherwise, nah.
"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised God doesn't work that way, so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness"
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

Sat outside the Enterprise now if anyone’s around. Off in 75 mins to check into my hotel though.
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
Gothicbiff

Just checked into The Enterprise
In 2021 I had a lovely big room. This time it is rather "bijou" :lol:
I have seen The Sisters at The Paradiso. I will die happy
With massive thanks to Ruffers for his company and help.
A girl is never too old to wear a Sisters tshirt!
mh
Above the Chemist

Heading into the city from Heathrow as we speak. Bumped into Doc Moody on the other side in Dublin, starting to look like we got us a convoy. :notworthy:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

Have fun all. Be interesting to see what the setlist is.
To not know and to ask a question is a moment of embarrassment; to not know and not ask is a lifetime of shame.
iesus
Overbomber

Have a good one there :D
Last beers in Enterprise :lol:
Go now or lose the opening act :innocent: :notworthy: :bat:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
MadameButterfly
HL's mystical safekeeper

have a brilliant time everyone! :von: :notworthy: :hl: :bat:
it's all about circles and spirals
that ongoing eternity
ruffers
Overbomber

Am on my way. I'm wearing a frankly diabolical merciful release Hawaiian over a heartland t shirt.

Please say hello so I can justify the shirt.
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
godgirl
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Stage times pls!???
"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised God doesn't work that way, so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness"
FireInReptileHouse

godgirl wrote: 22 Sep 2023, 19:39 Stage times pls!???
I second this stage times plss!!
we will steal what we cannot buy when all is stole from us
FireInReptileHouse

7 doors
8 virgin marys
9 the girls
we will steal what we cannot buy when all is stole from us
Husek

FireInReptileHouse wrote: 22 Sep 2023, 19:41
I second this stage times plss!!
STAGE TIMES
Doors: 7pm
Curfew: 11pm

I'd say it's fair to assume the girls ain't playing till 8:30~9
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
sentenza
Amphetamine Filth