2023-09-22 The Roundhouse, London, UK

Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters 2023 tour.
ruffers
Overbomber

I was wrong ( to be at the bar when they player this)

Crash and Burn
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
ruffers
Overbomber

We are here

Loving Dylan's twelve string shiz

This is the "New Sisters" at their best
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

Is it definitely Chris? Front row earlier so I should know. Looks like him mostly but there’s times when I think no.

Oh and Von DEFINITELY uses backing tracks for vocals now. He missed so many cues early on and Ben tried to cover him.

Who cares anyway. Love it!!!!
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
ruffers
Overbomber

On the beach.

I think we're all having fun so that'll do pig, that'll do.
ruffers
Overbomber

I think I saw the first few times we played When I'm On Fire and it was settling in.

It's now a full on, all involved, performance.

Happy days
Damian
Amphetamine Filth

Purple Light wrote: 22 Sep 2023, 22:15 Is it definitely Chris? Front row earlier so I should know. Looks like him mostly but there’s times when I think no.
It is.
ROBBIE
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Dylan has been pissed off all night. Flicking the finger at the road crew. Just walked during Temple
"Genevieve, I think you're lovely But Genevieve, it's time” TSOM 2020
DJW
Road Kill

Yep Dylan was pissed off all night. Assume it was technical problems but to walk out during encores was a bit weird.

Great gig on the whole. Sound good. Von screwed up crash and burn but Ben rescued it.

Ravey Davey replaced by a nightclub bouncer what’s the story there?
robertzombie
Overbomber

Chris being on stage was the highlight of that gig. And the part after the out of time guitarist left the stage.
Purple Light
Slight Overbomber

Loved it because there’s nothing better but….

In hindsight now I’m sat in a pub thinking about it, a bit of a car crash quite frankly. Roll on tomorrow night.
“I got lost in the mirror, wondering what could have been, I couldn’t help but kill her, but I couldn’t kill the dream.”
LyanvisAberrant
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

What an enjoyable caramboulage that was. Hard to watch dylan having a bad time.
A man with a fictitious grin pondered the terrain in which he flooded with anguish, for this is England. The lion cannot be tamed, this is the game.
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

I enjoyed it, fairly loud for the Sisters, but Dylan may as well not have been there, he did look pissed off all night and contributed almost nothing. Nice to hear Vision Thing though and I'm looking forward to tomorrow, but let's be honest, a lot of the gig is " Ben Christo plays The Sisters of Mercy "
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Pretty dire sadly with the exception of Caligula. The sound was very poor and Von's vocals much too low, even by Sister's standards. If that's what Dylan was complaining about I have every sympathy. He wasn't happy from the start. To be fair the girls beside me who'd never seen them before really enjoyed it, so everyone has their own opinion. Weird to see Chris as the Nurse. Tomorrow will be better hopefully! 😀
The Chancer Corporation
DJW
Road Kill

The more I think about it the more I am concerned.

If Dylan’s issues were purely technical why was he giving people the bird left right and centre? Why couldn’t the issues get sorted quickly? If it was Chris on the nurse is that a factor? I guess at least there is a plan B if this blows up which it hopefully won’t
EmmaPeelWannaBe
Slight Overbomber

But how is the merch?
robertzombie
Overbomber

EmmaPeelWannaBe wrote: 23 Sep 2023, 00:32 But how is the merch?
No new merch
mh
Above the Chemist

robertzombie wrote: 23 Sep 2023, 00:52
EmmaPeelWannaBe wrote: 23 Sep 2023, 00:32 But how is the merch?
No new merch
Two "lyric" shirts in the current style I havsnt seen before, "picking up your petals" and "where the sky meet the ground".

Oddly, there was a Lucretia shirt from 2009. Maybe it was found in the same lock-up as the Gift tapes?
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
godgirl

Husek wrote: 22 Sep 2023, 21:52
Todashi wrote: 22 Sep 2023, 21:51 . Also, is he the first ex-Sister to ever return to the stage with the girls?
Yes/no.

yes: we never saw anyone leaving the sisters returning on the stage.
no: technically speaking, and according to Chris himself, he never left the band.
Dave left then came back. Chris Starling left, then came back. So no, it's not anything new really, is it? :roll:

It was certainly an interesting night.... :lol:

First gig I've seen them at where they didn't play Flood II... :lol: :lol: :lol: :eek: Only took 139 attempts... :x

Oh here's Candy being unimpressed with the entire thing, but I did quite enjoy the shuffle of old and (some) of the new tunes:

I really already quite like Eyes of Caligula but was pleasantly surprised by On the Beach.

Now, I'm actually quite excited for tomorrow night but ideally, less halitosis and fewer brown leather jackets please.

Also why the heck does everyone on here call them "The Girls"...?? FFS! :evil:
"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised God doesn't work that way, so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness"
godgirl

robertzombie wrote: 22 Sep 2023, 22:53 Chris being on stage was the highlight of that gig. And the part after the out of time guitarist left the stage.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good to see you (from a distance)..
"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised God doesn't work that way, so I stole one and prayed for forgiveness"
Husek
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

godgirl wrote: 23 Sep 2023, 02:06
Husek wrote: 22 Sep 2023, 21:52
Todashi wrote: 22 Sep 2023, 21:51 . Also, is he the first ex-Sister to ever return to the stage with the girls?
Yes/no.

yes: we never saw anyone leaving the sisters returning on the stage.
no: technically speaking, and according to Chris himself, he never left the band.
Dave left then came back. Chris Starling left, then came back. So no, it's not anything new really, is it? :roll:

It was certainly an interesting night.... :lol:

First gig I've seen them at where they didn't play Flood II... :lol: :lol: :lol: :eek: Only took 139 attempts... :x

Oh here's Candy being unimpressed with the entire thing, but I did quite enjoy the shuffle of old and (some) of the new tunes:

I really already quite like Eyes of Caligula but was pleasantly surprised by On the Beach.

Now, I'm actually quite excited for tomorrow night but ideally, less halitosis and fewer brown leather jackets please.

Also why the heck does everyone on here call them "The Girls"...?? FFS! :evil:
Oh that's true Chris Starling played again with the girls in the early 00s, lad was a good guitarist, it's a shame we lost him so young
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

ruffers wrote: 22 Sep 2023, 21:36 Dominion he's walking along the barriers.

This is a happy Von
!!!

To not know and to ask a question is a moment of embarrassment; to not know and not ask is a lifetime of shame.
Almiche V
Slight Overbomber

To not know and to ask a question is a moment of embarrassment; to not know and not ask is a lifetime of shame.
H. Blackrose

Purple Light wrote: 22 Sep 2023, 22:15 Oh and Von DEFINITELY uses backing tracks for vocals now. He missed so many cues early on and Ben tried to cover him.
Andrew Eldritch wrote: “Because I can’t drum and sing at the same time, we bought a machine. Had we been able to buy a machine to do the singing, it might have turned out different.”
Welp, Doktor Avalanche does the singing too now. Von can retire.
"We're Hawkwind and this is a song about love."
iesus
Overbomber

Some videos appeared :notworthy:

:D :bat:
'Are we the Baddies?'...
"Someday! Someday, everything you need, is just gonna fall out of the sky..." -A.E. Reading 1991
"Don't forget that most of the judges in witches trials had harvard degrees."
Todashi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jg8uvjussNA

Dylan is not a happy bunny towards the end of this. Seems like his monitors broke or his guitar wasn't coming through the amps?

He comes across normally as such a chill dude that you've got to think he was having a very bad time.