2024-01-27. De Oosterport, Groningen, NL

Are we still here!? Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters 2024 tour.
GC
Slight Overbomber

Quick review. Great night. Vocals were good... could have been a little louder.... but still ok. Great show. Kai brings dramatic enthousiasm. AE seemed fine.

Miss Crash and Burn.
GC
Slight Overbomber

Same setlist I believe as the past few shows.
doctor_jeep
Amphetamine Filth

Thanks for the updates, guys. Yeah, I miss C&B too.
Clearly now the past mistakes
The giant steps we had to take
The path that ever promise made to
Die in dream dissolve and fade
H. Blackrose
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Bunch of weirdos on Facebook insisting that the guitarists are miming. If that were true, Kai wouldn't keep messing up the acoustic break in "Here" lol
"We're Hawkwind and this is a song about love."
Being645
Above the Chemist

H. Blackrose wrote: 28 Jan 2024, 03:28 Bunch of weirdos on Facebook insisting that the guitarists are miming. If that were true, Kai wouldn't keep messing up the acoustic break in "Here" lol
Most likely people who were not even there ... :lol: ... for otherwise they could have seen and heard them playing ...
eotunun
Overbomber

H. Blackrose wrote: 28 Jan 2024, 03:28 Bunch of weirdos on Facebook insisting that the guitarists are miming. If that were true, Kai wouldn't keep messing up the acoustic break in "Here" lol
There´s always some arseholes somewhere.
The thing I find mildly amusing: There were the Virginmarys on stage before the Sisters. Two brilliant lads who delivered smashing energetic wonderful gigs that took the crowds instantly. A guitar and a drumkit were the instruments one could see, but you could hear the bass guitar and keayboard in a few moments. The same people who set about the Sissies did not notice that, I conclude.
Let's sit back and smile while these geniuses work out *that* that worked and next *how* that worked and when they are done, maybe the penny wil drop through the thick, thick honey (or whatever gunk there is) in their brains.
Being angry at the Sissies seems to be hip. Not with me, that much is sure. :wink:
Big shoutout to A Guy Named Simon for the reply! :notworthy:
There is shadow under this red rock
GC
Slight Overbomber

GC wrote: 27 Jan 2024, 23:30 Quick review. Great night. Vocals were good... could have been a little louder.... but still ok. Great show. Kai brings dramatic enthousiasm. AE seemed fine.

Miss Crash and Burn.
Forgot to mention a stage invasion by some drunken bloke during This Corrosion.
Icon
Amphetamine Filth

I‘m glad everything went well and you had a great night. :D
As for the people on facebook, I ignore them completely. The questions that sometimes pop up or the opinions that are stated show that those people know very little about the band and are certainly not fans. Maybe they know a couple of songs and that’s it.
It also warmed me that Simon Denbigh is so fond of Von to keep himself informed and posted a reply. He’s a real friend to Von.
Hope all of you who were there give a more detailed report of what happened last night when you’ve had a good night of sleep.😴
Being645
Above the Chemist

eotunun wrote: 28 Jan 2024, 07:59 Big shoutout to A Guy Named Simon for the reply! :notworthy:
Could you outline that reply, please? ... :) ...

Anyway, back to reality ... first videos from Ingo are here... :D :notworthy: ...

Moving forehead
Road Kill

Eldritch talks somehing about his limits on IWCY but what exactly? My english certainly has limits😀
Todashi

It sounds like:

"Your turn . . .

But only so far . . .

Because I have my limits . . .

As I'm learning, to my cost."
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Not to mention the cost to the poor sods who book planes trains hotels etc.
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Being645
Above the Chemist

Planet Dave wrote: 28 Jan 2024, 11:06 Not to mention the cost to the poor sods who book planes trains hotels etc.
Yeah, ... :( ... but for sure The Sisters won't get away from missing a gig without any cost, either, including losing cred with organisers. Apart from losing support from people who just cannot afford to travel around just like so ... :( ...

Here are the videos of MrBlonde ... :D :notworthy: ... Thank you ... :D ... I guess this time you've really captured On The Beach ... :D ...

Being645
Above the Chemist

Not to forget this one from Peter KJ ... many thanks ... :D :notworthy: ...
Say anyone again that Kai didn't play ... :lol: ...

I've arranged all of the above and few more in some page already. Gotta attend to a few other things today... :wink: ...

Enjoy.
Icon
Amphetamine Filth

Being645 wrote: 28 Jan 2024, 10:29
eotunun wrote: 28 Jan 2024, 07:59 Big shoutout to A Guy Named Simon for the reply! :notworthy:

He just posted „sounds alright“.
jost 7
Slight Overbomber

the i was wrong video is just lovely, great. great you had a (good) show.
love is just a shot away
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

Icon wrote: 28 Jan 2024, 11:38
Being645 wrote: 28 Jan 2024, 10:29

He just posted „sounds alright“.
Mr Simon Denbigh - retired from The March Violets due to health reasons, and former nurse to the Doktor, so he probably knows a thing or two about an all right sounding Sisters' gig. :wink:
You are what you drink - I'm a bitter man!
Erudite
Slight Overbomber

Planet Dave wrote: 28 Jan 2024, 11:06 Not to mention the cost to the poor sods who book planes trains hotels etc.
Ach, I'm willing to chalk this one up to experience, as I really wanted to visit Ghent.
And in all fairness it's not like anyone forced me to go to the gig.
That said, it will be a real dilemma if they reschedule - just don't think I can justify the expense.
I've already looked at crazy options like taking an overnight coach to London to catch the Eurostar... :roll:
You are what you drink - I'm a bitter man!
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Erudite wrote: 28 Jan 2024, 12:37
Ach, I'm willing to chalk this one up to experience, as I really wanted to visit Ghent.
And in all fairness it's not like anyone forced me to go to the gig.
That said, it will be a real dilemma if they reschedule - just don't think I can justify the expense.
I've already looked at crazy options like taking an overnight coach to London to catch the Eurostar... :roll:
Aye, all fair enough, and there's always an element of risk no matter the band or the relevant likelihoods etc. It's just a little theoretically annoying at the mo as we'd rather like to go see the band play the AB should they ever do so again, but currently I doubt very much that we'd bother risking it.

For all we know they'll never cancel another show. I hope not ofc, the travelling is part of the fun and 'theme', such as there is one, of seeing The Sisters. Anyway, nevermind all that, best go check if that last Indian wicket has fallen yet.

Yessssss!!!

Meanwhile, back on topic, the vids from Groningen sound ace 8) :von: :notworthy:
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Being645
Above the Chemist

Another video from Peter KJ ... :D ...

GC
Slight Overbomber

I hadnt seen it mentioned but I was surprised with the 23/24 tour shirt. It even had the new dates.

Nice design.
doctor_jeep
Amphetamine Filth

GC wrote: 28 Jan 2024, 18:25 I hadnt seen it mentioned but I was surprised with the 23/24 tour shirt. It even had the new dates.

Nice design.
Oh, I missed that one in Strasbourg. I only saw the colored lyrics shirts.
Clearly now the past mistakes
The giant steps we had to take
The path that ever promise made to
Die in dream dissolve and fade
ribbons69
Slight Overbomber

I think the drummer is miming as well.
"I've seen Andrew Eldritch in an ice hockey shirt onstage, and I've given him the benefit of the doubt"
Tom G Warrior of Celtic Frost

we fall to rise
GC
Slight Overbomber

GC wrote: 28 Jan 2024, 10:22
GC wrote: 27 Jan 2024, 23:30 Quick review. Great night. Vocals were good... could have been a little louder.... but still ok. Great show. Kai brings dramatic enthousiasm. AE seemed fine.

Miss Crash and Burn.
And now with a clip of the stage invader (not my vid- my thanks to the uploader)

Todashi

GC wrote: 29 Jan 2024, 18:16
GC wrote: 28 Jan 2024, 10:22

Miss Crash and Burn.
And now with a clip of the stage invader (not my vid- my thanks to the uploader)

That's actually pretty cool. At 1:10, the guy gets up on stage and the side-stage roadie/security guy is right on him, like he doesn't miss a trick. And then Von waves him away to let the guy have his 10 seconds, shakes his hand and only then is he ushered off.

Getting on stage is a dick move - the band has no idea if this is someone being goofy or a full-on lunatic with a knife. But I thought that was handled pretty well. Fair play Von.