Romeo Down

Got any interesting thoughts on a set of lyrics? Any that don't involve the word "indeed"? Find yourself struggling to decipher all those obtuse references Von makes? Read "1959 And All That" and still no clearer? Nope, us neither. Postcards found lying in a skip around the back of the Chemists can be found here... Don't say you weren't warned.
Rantz Hoseley
Road Kill

Anyone have a starting point for the lyrics of ROMEO DOWN?

The boots I have are too muddy for me to make out anything clearly, but I LOVE the song.
Any help is so greatly appreciated!
Being645
Above the Chemist

Rantz Hoseley
Road Kill

Being645 wrote: 30 Jan 2023, 21:02 https://sisterswiki.org/Romeo_Down ... :wink: ...
Bless you!
H. Blackrose
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

"We're Hawkwind and this is a song about love."
H. Blackrose

Absolute classic. The first TSOM song about domestic violence, the second being "Six Ways To Sunday" (unless you count "Ribbons", of course)
LyanvisAberrant
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

H. Blackrose wrote: 04 Dec 2023, 02:40 Absolute classic. The first TSOM song about domestic violence, the second being "Six Ways To Sunday" (unless you count "Ribbons", of course)
And a spiritual conclusion to flood? Haha
Just wanted to pipe up and show my appreciation, a good performance of romeo down is peak sisters to me.
A man with a fictitious grin pondered the terrain in which he flooded with anguish, for this is England. The lion cannot be tamed, this is the game.
mh
Above the Chemist

H. Blackrose wrote: 04 Dec 2023, 02:40 Absolute classic. The first TSOM song about domestic violence, the second being "Six Ways To Sunday" (unless you count "Ribbons", of course)
Summer as well, I believe; as poetic a description of a black eye as there ever was.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
H. Blackrose

I wonder what was going on in Von (and Adam P's) life at the time that they wrote *two* banger songs about domestic violence
Being645
Above the Chemist

Hhm, bad habits and lacking means of communication might - at worst - turn into physical violence, but not necessarily or inevitably so.
mh
Above the Chemist

I don't think it necessarily need be something going on. Romeo Down in particular seems like it's telling a story, and could just as likely be inspired by something read in a book, seen in a movie, or encountered on the news. With the names changed to mush a bit of Shakespeare in, because it's Von of course.
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Being645
Above the Chemist

IMHO, one main theme is communication breakdown or non-communication right away and their negative effects, but also the fact that not everyone fits with another, be it from the beginning or in the long run and for various reasons all under reservation...
Jan
Amphetamine Filth

To me, it's the dark conclusion of "Romeo & Juliet" -- Romeo takes it all out on her, beating her around the place, until Juliet gets her revenge, thus the body and the boy is gone.

Off the unreleased batch, this is very well one of the top 5 new songs to me.
"For, in the final analysis, our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children's future. And we are all mortal." (John F. Kennedy, 1963)
H. Blackrose

Jan wrote: 22 Jan 2024, 20:35 To me, it's the dark conclusion of "Romeo & Juliet" -- Romeo takes it all out on her, beating her around the place, until Juliet gets her revenge, thus the body and the boy is gone.

Off the unreleased batch, this is very well one of the top 5 new songs to me.
I love it as a song, but it's one of the bizarre features of TSOM fandom that a piece at least 27 years old can be described as "new"