My favourite Sisters covers

THE place for your Sisters-related comments, questions and snippets of Sisters information. For those who do not know, The Sisters of Mercy are a rock'n'roll band. And a pop band. And an industrial groove machine. Or so they say. They make records. Lots of records, apparently. But not in your galaxy. They play concerts. Lots of concerts, actually. But you still cannot see them. So what's it all about, Alfie? This is one of the few tightly-moderated forums on Heartland, so please keep on-topic. All off-topic posts will either be moved or deleted. Chairman Bux is the editor and the editor's decision is final. Danke.
LyanvisAberrant
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

For anyone that missed it in the other thread, I thought I'd post this here as well :D
A man with a fictitious grin pondered the terrain in which he flooded with anguish, for this is England. The lion cannot be tamed, this is the game.
LyanvisAberrant

Fastest release ever, very very proud of this one and i think i managed to stay pretty close to the roots of the song.
A man with a fictitious grin pondered the terrain in which he flooded with anguish, for this is England. The lion cannot be tamed, this is the game.
sultan2075
Overbomber

That’s really nicely done. I still can’t place who your vocal reminds me of though…
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
LyanvisAberrant

sultan2075 wrote: 20 Dec 2023, 20:13 That’s really nicely done. I still can’t place who your vocal reminds me of though…
Thank youu! I really appreciate you listening.
Still?? Haha. Is it maybe a young and soprano Von? The guy from japan? Maybe Tom Waits? Haha. I'm joking obvs, i just sound like me to my ears. Very curious though!
LyanvisAberrant

LyanvisAberrant wrote: 20 Dec 2023, 20:45
sultan2075 wrote: 20 Dec 2023, 20:13 That’s really nicely done. I still can’t place who your vocal reminds me of though…
Oh oh oh is it Ian Curtis? Elliot smith?
ruffers
Overbomber

A very live Mark Sinnis Nine While Nine. I like the violin.
Seems a long way from a northern rail platform.

Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
alanm
Amphetamine Filth

LyanvisAberrant wrote: 20 Dec 2023, 19:27 Fastest release ever, very very proud of this one and i think i managed to stay pretty close to the roots of the song.
Nice one!
ruffers wrote: 22 Dec 2023, 03:16 A very live Mark Sinnis Nine While Nine. I like the violin.
Very cool, I agree that the violin is an inspired addition to his studio arrangement.
Do you remember a time when angels... do you remember a time when fear?
In the days when I was stronger, in the days when you were here?
H. Blackrose
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

This is one of the best Sisters Of Mercy covers I've ever heard because the singer (a) is not trying to sound like Andrew Eldritch; (b) is singing it like she means it.

The badge is pretty cool too

"We're Hawkwind and this is a song about love."
LyanvisAberrant

H. Blackrose wrote: 16 Jan 2024, 03:00 This is one of the best Sisters Of Mercy covers I've ever heard because the singer (a) is not trying to sound like Andrew Eldritch; (b) is singing it like she means it.

The badge is pretty cool too

I alerted you lot to heartworms long before they covered sisters, i thoroughly recommend checking out their EP. It's much better than their dominion.
H. Blackrose
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Heartworms is a she, not a they, she's very insistent about that :D

But yeah, her originals sound like Gary Numan meets Fatima Mansions on estrogen, me likey
"We're Hawkwind and this is a song about love."
mh
Above the Chemist

Tobias has done it again.

This is really good, he's only gone and turned one of my least-liked of the "new" songs into something brilliant. :notworthy:
If I told them once, I told them a hundred times to put 'Spinal Tap' first and 'Puppet Show' last.
Being645
Above the Chemist

Agreed. Increasing the speed does really make an enormous difference ... well done, Tobias! ... :notworthy: :notworthy: ...
Being645
Above the Chemist

... and it represents somewhat better the underlying speed of time and silence of coming, playing and aftermath...
ruffers
Overbomber

Is a noble effort but to my ear unfortunately confirms the prevailing view about a sow's ear.
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
Husek

We did something once again, I'd say this is far from a fan-favourite, but imho it's a underrated gem:

Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
sultan2075
Overbomber

Husek wrote: 24 Apr 2024, 14:02 We did something once again, I'd say this is far from a fan-favourite, but imho it's a underrated gem:

I dig it. It was always one of my favorite of the oldest new songs. It would have been phenomenal if it had gotten a proper studio recording.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
PuppetTroops
Road Kill

Has this one ever been discussed here. I once downloaded a (since deleted) earlier version that i found even better (for comparison: https://we.tl/t-Zqvn75P2Zt ):

maybe this guy should also take the challenge and record a full unreleased set?
eastmidswhizzkid
Faster Than The Light Of Speed

"At the sound of the bell, a sound we know so well:
Gimme 16 different flavours of Hell."

fink i took a wrong turn back there somewhere....will be leaving this thread right now. :urff:
Well I was handsome and I was strong
And I knew the words to every song.
"Did my singing please you?"
"No! The words you sang were wrong!"

:bat: