Sisters 2024?

Are we still here!? Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters 2024 tour.
rivum
Road Kill

satanarchist wrote: 06 May 2024, 18:53 Hope it's a different (enough) setlist than the last one I saw twice.
when was the last time there was a substantial change?
Husek
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

rivum wrote: 06 May 2024, 22:04
satanarchist wrote: 06 May 2024, 18:53 Hope it's a different (enough) setlist than the last one I saw twice.
It depends on your definition of substantial :innocent:

I could argue that it was 2018 or 1996 depending on how high is your bar
Project Personal Dok
Hardware: 100% (Single Hackintosh)
AU: 90%
Software: 90%
The Final Floorshow - My Own Sisters T-Shirt Shop
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

Husek wrote: 06 May 2024, 22:22
rivum wrote: 06 May 2024, 22:04
It depends on your definition of substantial :innocent:

I could argue that it was 2018 or 1996 depending on how high is your bar
Not forgetting the bunch of new songs all the way back in 2022.
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
Being645
Above the Chemist

I'm pretty sure they'll come up with a few more new songs ... :wink: :D ...
H. Blackrose
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

Looking forward to hearing, at some point:

ARE WE GOING TO BE BAD? (Christo/Eldritch/Smith/Varjak)
JUST ACHING (Christo/Eldritch/Smith)
WE ARE ON THIS PLANE (Christo/Eldritch/Smith)
LEFT ON VENOM AND REVENGE (Christo/Eldritch/Smith)
QUANTUM BABY (Christo/Eldritch/Smith)
THE SECOND SONG OF MOSES
RAY RAY

etc.

And of course, insha'llah, there'll be some songs with the credit (Christo/Eldritch/海)
"We're Hawkwind and this is a song about love."
Depprocksfarfar

First and foremost; let's just se if our main man can handle four gigs in a row in June. If not but still planning to go trough one and a halv month of touring in the US we can probably wave goodbye to this band forever. So first things first and THEN i will feel more happy for this. Until then, i tend to agree with "This is a bad move".
Last edited by Depprocksfarfar on 07 May 2024, 08:14, edited 2 times in total.
ruffers
Overbomber

PLYC
Chucking another log on, reversing the polarity of the neutron flow
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

H. Blackrose wrote: 06 May 2024, 22:03 ... Weird to see that people are unambiguously excited about this. As opposed to dreading the inevitable cancellations and consequent pitchfork/torches mobs, once Von's health issues inevitably rear their heads.

This is a bad move. Von should be taking a year off at least.
Well Dr Blackrose, I prefer to leave the judgement calls on one's health to the person themselves. I doubt Von would book those shows if he didn't expect to be able to play them, or at least tolerate any consequent pitchfork mobs if they cancel. I think he can most likely tolerate pitchfork mobs very well by now, I'm sure he's seen a few, sometimes on here. In the meantime, I think it's perfectly reasonable for folk to get excited about the shows, not least the dudes and dudettes who figured they'd most likely never get to the see the Sisters play their hometown / state, and are instead now eyeballing getting the bus to a Sisters show or booking themselves another roadtrip. I think it's awesome personally.
There is increasing evidence to suggest that Chris may have been being sarcastic.
abridged
Slight Overbomber

I made the mistake of reading the facebook comments about the tour. You'd swear there hadn't been a good Sisters gig since way back when...My fav complaint is that they don't play enough old stuff....Yeah I know some shows can be ahem problematic (here's looking at you Roundhouse last year) and the cancellations can be frustrating but I did enjoy Glasgow in particular on the last tour.
The Chancer Corporation
flowers_to_burn
Road Kill

Planet Dave wrote: 07 May 2024, 11:31
H. Blackrose wrote: 06 May 2024, 22:03 ... Weird to see that people are unambiguously excited about this. As opposed to dreading the inevitable cancellations and consequent pitchfork/torches mobs, once Von's health issues inevitably rear their heads.

This is a bad move. Von should be taking a year off at least.
Well Dr Blackrose, I prefer to leave the judgement calls on one's health to the person themselves. I doubt Von would book those shows if he didn't expect to be able to play them, or at least tolerate any consequent pitchfork mobs if they cancel. I think he can most likely tolerate pitchfork mobs very well by now, I'm sure he's seen a few, sometimes on here. In the meantime, I think it's perfectly reasonable for folk to get excited about the shows, not least the dudes and dudettes who figured they'd most likely never get to the see the Sisters play their hometown / state, and are instead now eyeballing getting the bus to a Sisters show or booking themselves another roadtrip. I think it's awesome personally.
100% this. I was always in the wrong hemisphere to see them earlier than 2012 when they finally came to Australia. I got to see them again in 2019 and 2022 and went to multiple shows, because when else would I probably get to again? Yeah, same setlist give or take, but each night had a different mood/vibe/whatever.

Ditto last year seeing them in the US. The Vegas show was a different mood to the LA, which in turn was different to SF.

If there's a chance these go ahead then I'll be there with bells on to see a band I never thought I'd get to see even once, let alone as often as I've been fortunate to recently. I'm looking forward to the new lineup, and to whatever these shows end up being, because every one so far I got to see has been worth it regardless of minor issues/gremlins/not being the 80s/whatever. Mostly, I'm just going to have fun because sod it, life is short. His is too and I don't think he'd have locked this in without at least being reasonably sure at least some of these dates will hold up. It's a chance I'm happy to take and I go in knowing full well that there is always the risk of cancellations etc, but I'm still excited and entirely pitchfork free. :lol:
merrisl
Amphetamine Filth

For anyone who may fancy NYC.... 3pm today -----

The NYC show is at Radio City Music Hall on September 20 and you can get tickets early with the BrooklynVegan presale that starts Wednesday, May 8 at 10 AM. Password is VEGAN.
Incoming!
Amphetamine Filth

:D :D I was convinced I’d have to travel to Europe to ever see them live again. :D

I’m in awe of the decision. Thank you! :von: :notworthy:
This place is death with walls
Todashi

Just bought two stupidly expensive tickets for New York. Not sure what I'm thinking.
EvilBastard
Overbomber

I have a ticket - woo! In the cheap seats, 3rd mezzanine level, middle of the front row. Freakin' outrage that the "convenience fee" is a full 1/4 of the ticket price, but what are you going to do?

So - who else is coming to the NY gig?
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
Pista
Cureboi

Now there's a shiny new 2024 board I've moved all the existing 2024 threads in.
Feel free to start new threads to the N America shows & when I get a moment I'll start a few up too :)
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
Nyth Grandbeard
Road Kill

Just bought my tickets for the charlotte show! hope to see some heartlanders there, if anyone is thinking about going the presale code is SOUNDCHECK :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:
:von: Check out my Comic series: https://unhingedcomic.com/ :von:
merrisl
Amphetamine Filth

Not sure how you've managed to get old TicketBastards working to buy NYC tix but I gave up after an hour :(
Took me through the queue many times to 'Its Almost Your Turn' and then gave me 'Page Not found'. Then after a while every time I got in I was 123rd in a queue, which counted down eventually to Error 503 first byte timeout, error 54113 from Varnish Cache Server.

Isn't technology wonderful.
Nyth Grandbeard
Road Kill

merrisl wrote: 08 May 2024, 16:20 Not sure how you've managed to get old TicketBastards working to buy NYC tix but I gave up after an hour :(
Took me through the queue many times to 'Its Almost Your Turn' and then gave me 'Page Not found'. Then after a while every time I got in I was 123rd in a queue, which counted down eventually to Error 503 first byte timeout, error 54113 from Varnish Cache Server.

had this same issue with my tickets too, try buying the tickets on a new browser window with no other tabs open. apparently these sites will flag you as a bot if you have too many tabs open. also try refreshing if that doesn't work either. had to retry like 2 times
:von: Check out my Comic series: https://unhingedcomic.com/ :von:
EvilBastard
Overbomber

merrisl wrote: 08 May 2024, 16:20 Not sure how you've managed to get old TicketBastards working to buy NYC tix but I gave up after an hour :(

I got that too when I tried to see what other tickets were available. Seems to be up and running now, though. Maybe the people who run the TicketBastard backend are the same people who run the immigration egates at British airports... ;D
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
DJElectricDaddy
Location: Where the sun shines bright. Where the rain don’t fall

Anyone have a presale code for LA?

Anyone going to be in LA for a pre gig drink?

I’m so excited to finally be seeing them after 35 years of waiting (assuming I can get tickets this time). Not really expecting much TBH from what I can tell they sound s**t these days, but I gotta finally check it off my bucket list

Looking at the set list I realize I don’t know ANY of the songs at all. Does he ever play any of the old stuff?
Somewhere on a tiny planet
crawl some ants called the human race
Lost in time
Lost in space
And meaning
NineWhileNine
Road Kill

maybe in anticipation of something new :wink: :wink: :wink: :D :D :D :D
irresponsible decision making
abridged
Slight Overbomber

DJElectricDaddy wrote: 08 May 2024, 22:28 Anyone have a presale code for LA?

Anyone going to be in LA for a pre gig drink?

I’m so excited to finally be seeing them after 35 years of waiting (assuming I can get tickets this time). Not really expecting much TBH from what I can tell they sound s**t these days, but I gotta finally check it off my bucket list

Looking at the set list I realize I don’t know ANY of the songs at all. Does he ever play any of the old stuff?

They have their good days. If you expect them to sound like they did you'll be disappointed. If you go with an open mind you'll enjoy yourself. We spent quite a few years complaining that there were no new songs. Eyes of Caligula, Show Me and On the Beach in particular are great. Better Reptile I liked also. They play most of Vision Thing.
The Chancer Corporation
Planet Dave
Underneath the Rock

DJElectricDaddy wrote: 08 May 2024, 22:28Looking at the set list I realize I don’t know ANY of the songs at all. Does he ever play any of the old stuff?
Alice, Temple, occasionally summat else. A few years back they went through a small phase of playing more than a few numbers from 84-85 per gig but thankfully they got over that. As for not knowing any of the current setlist, YT or the sharing section on here are your friend. Plenty of threads on the forums addressing the 'best quality recent live recording' question. Maybe an idea to check some of those out? I can highly recommend listening to the tracks in this playlist for a decent enough heads-up...

Hope you get tickets and hope you have a great time :D as @abridged says, go with an open mind and you should be fine.
Depprocksfarfar

Pista wrote: 08 May 2024, 15:18 Now there's a shiny new 2024 board I've moved all the existing 2024 threads in.
Feel free to start new threads to the N America shows & when I get a moment I'll start a few up too :)
I did my bit and listed 10 of them! I feel your pain.
Being645
Above the Chemist

Depprocksfarfar wrote: 09 May 2024, 10:57
Pista wrote: 08 May 2024, 15:18 Now there's a shiny new 2024 board I've moved all the existing 2024 threads in.
I did my bit and listed 10 of them! I feel your pain.
... :lol: ... yeah, I did some too, but only few. Full list in the wiki, so ... gotta link them to yours ... later today, if nobody else does ...
https://sisterswiki.org/Current_events# ... _TOUR_2024