2024-09-20: Radio City Music Hall, New York, USA

Are we still here!? Gig news, reviews, set lists, thoughts, comments and observations on The Sisters 2024 tour.
EvilBastard
Overbomber

Roll Call (updated)

@EvilBastard
@Todashi
@Peter KJ
@merrisl +1

Pre/Post drinks:
That part of town is a bit sh!t owing to its proximity to Times Square. Tentative proposal is Sean's Bar & Kitchen - decent beer/cider selection (anyone ordering Guinness n'Black is put on notice :D ), but open to other suggestions.
Last edited by EvilBastard on 09 May 2024, 04:10, edited 2 times in total.
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody
Peter KJ
Amphetamine Filth

I’m in 😁
Have my ticket. Now flight and hotel…
Pista
Cureboi

EvilBastard wrote: 08 May 2024, 19:46
Pre/Post drinks:
That part of town is a bit sh!t owing to its proximity to Times Square. Tentative proposal is Sean's Bar & Kitchen - decent beer/cider selection (anyone ordering Guinness n'Black is put on notice :D ), but open to other suggestions.
When I saw The Cure there in 2008 I had pre show drinks in a bar called Heartland Brewery which was spitting distance from RCMH.
I still have a beer mat somewhere.
Sadly I think it closed in 2015.
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Pista wrote: 09 May 2024, 07:29
Pre/Post drinks:
When I saw The Cure there in 2008 I had pre show drinks in a bar called Heartland Brewery which was spitting distance from RCMH.
It's been a few years since I've been in the Big Apple but if I remember rightly you couldn't get blackcurrant and they'd suggest cranberry juice! Needless to say I was appalled. But if some more funding were to come in I'd like to see if the city has become more civilised Guinness drinking wise. Oh and see the Sisters! :lol:
The Chancer Corporation
abridged
Slight Overbomber

Pre/Post drinks:
It's been a few years since I've been in the Big Apple but if I remember rightly you couldn't get blackcurrant and they'd suggest cranberry juice! Needless to say I was appalled. But if some more funding were to come in I'd like to see if the city has become more civilised Guinness drinking wise. Oh and see the Sisters! :lol:
The Chancer Corporation
Todashi
Gonzoid Amphetamine Filth

I'm kinda scandalised at how much I paid for this gig. Two tickets cost me 250 dollars. I don't think I've ever paid that much to see ANY act anywhere.

I hope it's a decent gig.

:eek:
sam1
Utterly Bastard Groovy Amphetamine Filth

Pre/Post drinks:
Was that on 21st June ?? I saw the Cure the previous evening at MSG........tbh, I would have preferred to see them at Radio City....
Pista
Cureboi

sam1 wrote: 13 May 2024, 14:29
Pre/Post drinks:
Was that on 21st June ?? I saw the Cure the previous evening at MSG........tbh, I would have preferred to see them at Radio City....
That's the one. I saw both shows but the RCMH one was epic. Especially getting Forever at the end
Cheers.
Steve
Just like the old days

TheCureCommunity
sultan2075
Overbomber

For drinking in that neck of the woods I've always liked McCoy's over on 9th (it's a dive where my granddad enjoyed a pint, as well as my dad when he worked in The City) or the Russian Vodka Room if you're feeling fancy.
--
The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities, that makes it seem inconceivable that other ways are viable, that removes the sense that there is an outside.
merrisl
Amphetamine Filth

Just sorted it so 2 more to add to roll call.

Mr and Mrs Merrisl :)

Up for pre-beers anywhere close as usual.
EvilBastard
Overbomber

EvilBastard wrote: 08 May 2024, 19:46 Roll Call (updated)

@EvilBastard
@Todashi
@Peter KJ
@merrisl+1
"I won't go down in history, but I probably will go down on your sister."
Hank Moody